PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to be sadistic to watch BB ?

Sticks
08-06-2002, 10:45 PM
Broken record time

THIS SPLIT HOUSE IDEA IS WRONG!!

Onto the subject of this thread:
I get the impression from a number of postings on a number of forums that people think it is entertainment to watch people suffer:shocked:

Why is this ?

Am I weird or strange for not wanting people to suffer

People have been rejoicing that couples have been split up, especialy K&Sp. I am not, does this mark me out as odd :conf:

Janette
08-06-2002, 10:53 PM
For once, my dear Sticks, I agree with you 100%

I think it's a stupid idea, and it's certainly not going to make the housemates work as a team, it's probably just going to alienate one group to the next!

BB3 is going way down in my estimation, with no tasks and this daft idea!

I doubt I'll be watching much more if it carries on like this, it's just not good entertainment! :mad:

susieq
08-06-2002, 11:48 PM
Janette and Sticks - you've both got my vote. I think it's a stupid idea and the whole BB experience is being spoilt.

What would they do if the five in the 'poor side' decided to get up and walk? How would the show carry on. I know they could bring in reserves but then they'd have to unsplit the house.

This sort of thing, and the lack of proper tasks, is really turning me off the programme and I never thought I'd say that.

Bring us back the Bb we know and love - updated for 2002 but the basic formula. Remember what they say 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I think this is particularly apt at the present time.

bananarama
09-06-2002, 12:14 AM
I am beginning to hope that they will get up and walk. Something is needed to bring the BB think tank to their senses.

Stu xxx
09-06-2002, 12:25 AM
As i have said before the heaven / hell thing would be great i it was for one week and one week only!

splodge0
09-06-2002, 12:34 AM
I, too, agree with you sticks. Enough said. I shall draw a line and cross my fingers that sense will prevail.
:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::c olour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::col our::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colou r:

bananarama
09-06-2002, 12:41 AM
I have just e-mailed BB to protest about the turn of events. Perhaps if others do the same they just might change their plans.........:shocked::shocked:

Stu xxx
09-06-2002, 12:43 AM
They can't turn it around now! the damage has been done!!

splodge0
09-06-2002, 12:57 AM
Is it a coincidence that we have had one housemate walk and a record number of threats to walk this year..... Or is it just me!!
:colour::colour::colour::colour:
:colour::colour::colour:
:colour::colour:
:colour:

bananarama
09-06-2002, 12:58 AM
Maybe but with 7 weeks to go it is worth a try. They must have different contingency plans worked out as and if anything does not go according to plan.:spin2::spin2:

bananarama
09-06-2002, 01:08 AM
Just read on another forum that Sandie has been in the Diary room to tell Big Brother he wants to go as he can't stand being with Johnny. They asked him to see how he feels in the morning......Why am I up so late.. BB is driving me crazy:spin2::spin2::laugh:

Sticks
09-06-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by bananarama
I have just e-mailed BB to protest about the turn of events. Perhaps if others do the same they just might change their plans.........:shocked::shocked:

Which E-mail address did you use ?

There is a rule of thumb, that says that each piece of correspondence from a viewer is to be taken as the views of 10,000

My original source for this rule of thumb can not tell me where he heard this

Something must be done NOW!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

BTW I am so glad you are all coming on board with this

splodge0
09-06-2002, 02:27 PM
I've always said that the bulk of the media are only interested in themselves and NOT the public they say they represent. This morning underlines this better than most things I have seen to date. Sadism of this calibre is mind blowing. I can only hope the rest of us are upto voting with our feet. Their degree of stupidity should not go unrecognised.

Sticks
09-06-2002, 08:12 PM
If we walk away and switch off, are we not abrogating our responsibility and undermining our right to criticise those in charge ?

susieq
09-06-2002, 11:14 PM
If we walk away and switch off, are we not abrogating our responsibility and undermining our right to criticise those in charge ?

It is not we who have a responsibility Sticks - it is Ch4 and Endemol. And we are demonstrating our right to criticise by staging a walk out (or, as it would be, a switch off). This is what workers do to show their criticism or contempt of management practices - they walk out. This would be our version.

Just because the responsibility for the housemates lies with Ch4/Endemol though doesn't mean we don't feel responsible. We feel like we are being forced to be participants, alebit passive and voyeuristic, in this total farce. It's a bit like being one of those old women knitting as they chopped some poor sods head off. They may not have liked to see people get their head lopped off, but felt it their responsibility to be there. They showed their contempt for the process by not baying for blood and stamping and cheering, but sitting with heads down and knitting.

I think the more people e-mail Ch4, Endemol and/or O2 letting them know their views the better. We want to watch Big Brother - not Endurance or Survivor. The housemates didn't sign up to this and we don't want to watch it.

Glitter_babe
10-06-2002, 08:56 AM
I think it's a stupid idea, and it's certainly not going to make the housemates work as a team, it's probably just going to alienate one group to the next!

That's the point though, they are trying to make them all hate each other. they are even biasing the round ups on channel four to make it look like there is far more tension than there is.

I hate the idea, but i hate even more the way they are portraying the divide - watching it on E4 (which, granted, I haven't seen huge amounts of this weekend) there isn't THAT much animosity.

I agree with you all though, it's a bad idea for the whole run, I don't like it, and I hope the housemates don't all fall out, as that will ruin channel 4/endemol's plan.

Amy
10-06-2002, 05:26 PM
I've gone right off this idea the poor side are already wanting to stay together and are planning ways of doing this and to have this for the whole series is rubbish a week i can handle but NOT seven

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

steve_o
10-06-2002, 06:49 PM
I agree that for a week it may not be to bad even though I'm finding it boring already, but seven weeks makes me despair. Channel 4 should put this to a public vote to keep it or not, that would be fair, but even then, I'm starting to become cynical that they would fiddle the votes to suit themselves. Big Brother's starting to control us as well. As a protest I'm not going to vote to evict anyone, there ruining it.:conf::conf::mad:

splodge0
10-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Sorry steve_o, but I have a feeling you have already had a couple of hundred votes attributed to you by BB/Ch4 for the benefit of who ever they want out!.......

steve_o
10-06-2002, 06:56 PM
How do you mean I don't understand?

splodge0
10-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Sorry steve_o. I suppose I am becoming sarcastic about Ch4s manipulations...........
Note to self:- Don't let the blighters grind you down:colour:

steve_o
10-06-2002, 07:05 PM
that's okay:spin2:Let's have a few smilies to cheer ourselves up. :elephant::elephant::elephant:

:dance::dance::dance:

:spin:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

splodge0
10-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Like this you mean?:bawling::bawling::bawling::conf::conf:

:nono::nono::sleep::sleep::shocked::blush::bawling :

:devil:

:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::c olour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::col our::colour::colour::colour:

Hang on...........this is sticks job!!!!

:flower::colour::flower::colour::flower::colour::f lower::colour::flower::colour::flower::colour::flo wer::colour::flower::colour::flower:

bananarama
10-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Quote from sticks: Which E-mail address did you use ?

Sorry about the delay, haven't been logged on til now.....

I used the Ch4 web site BB contact e-mail.

bigbrother@channel4.com

BBLB were asking for viewers comments on the thange...... e-mail

bblb@channel4.com