PDA

View Full Version : Old housemates return is a ploy to increase ratings?

emilslattery
13-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Well obviously everything they do is to increase ratings.
But i think that bringing in old housemates is a way of getting back the people who used to watch the show but dont anymore.

If that was there plan its really clever and i hope it works!

golden
13-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by emilslattery
Well obviously everything they do is to increase ratings.
But i think that bringing in old housemates is a way of getting back the people who used to watch the show but dont anymore.

If that was there plan its really clever and i hope it works!

It's not working!:sad:

Simone.
13-07-2009, 11:35 PM
It is because people who used to watch will watch because their favourites (hopefully) are going back in or whatever, I do think a lot of people would have liked to see Nasty Nick to back in but we got Craig.

wilful_woodpecker
13-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Yes; do we know what happened to Nick?

He was even shown in the ads for this coming week, once Friday's eviction took place.

Just watched a clip of Brian and the sugar cube stacking task: he did well, considering how long it's been. Lisa on the other hand, having a cr*p one says: "well, it's only food; if we fail we fail"
Hmmm; and if so, maybe the tobbaco rations should be re-thought!

golden
13-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by wilful_woodpecker
Yes; do we know what happened to Nick?

He was even shown in the ads for this coming week, once Friday's eviction took place.

Just watched a clip of Brian and the sugar cube stacking task: he did well, considering how long it's been. Lisa on the other hand, having a cr*p one says: "well, it's only food; if we fail we fail"
Hmmm; and if so, maybe the tobbaco rations should be re-thought!

Nick pulled out when they told him which task he'd be doing...reckons he's put on a few pounds & would never have said yes if he knew which task it was...course some think it's money related!:spin2:

Ryan.
14-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Didn't Dean do the sugar task?

arsenalforever
14-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by LivingRoomCrate
Didn't Dean do the sugar task?

yep he got beat by lisa

Marc
14-07-2009, 09:36 AM
I think it was planned way before BB even started so I don't think its a reactive response to the low ratings

arsenalforever
14-07-2009, 09:36 AM
It doesn't quite work when you don't have the greatest Hm's

bettiepage
14-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Everything is to boost the raiting, but nothing is gonna work. Big Brother is dead.

cleaner67
14-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I don`ty think it will work the way they`re doing it. The old housemates are only going in for the task then going back out, with no daytime live feed we`re having to wait until the next day to see it. If they`d screwed their loafs they would`ve put a couple of hours of live feed on during the day,and put it on straight after the nightly high light show if only for this week after all they`re supposed to be celebrating their birthday this week

bettiepage
14-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Nothing will work. Big brother is DEAD.

krystals
14-07-2009, 10:17 AM
we only get to see the hour show anyway so wots the point :shrug:

arsenalforever
14-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by krystals
we only get to see the hour show anyway so wots the point :shrug:

do you reckon they give half the H/L's over to the tasks?

Jackie
14-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Bring back live feed that will bring back the viewers and the ratings.