PDA

View Full Version : Results Show - Saturday or Sunday?

Arneldo
21-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Been confirmed that results shows have been moved to Sunday nights. Do you like this idea or not?

Princess
21-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Nooooo,hate it.

Jack_
21-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I hate it, it's the worst decision they've ever made.

Nicky.
21-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Hate it, the whole vibe will have gone from the night before!

Lewis.
22-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Nope. It isn't going to feel right. People enjoy the suspense in that hour between. Now it's going to be a dull wait

CallumJoshuaSturt
22-07-2009, 09:03 AM
thats crap

BigSister
22-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Saturday deffo. i hate the SCD results show on a sunday and X factor is just going to be much much worse

Adamw92
24-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Nooooo, Saturday results were always better

Harry!
24-07-2009, 09:36 PM
No because the info will be leaked of the results in the papers on sunday. No fun then.

amy-jayne
24-07-2009, 09:37 PM
noooo! should be saturday

DrunkerThanMoses
24-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Saturday.. even know i watch the show on sunday when they reapeat it.... plus i useually watch Strictly so ill be watching that. Its a crap decision!

vmchunkymonkey
28-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Harry.
No because the info will be leaked of the results in the papers on sunday. No fun then.

The result won't be leaked in the paper as the results show on Sunday is going to be live.

Jack_
28-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I still can't get over this, this really is an awful decision. The whole 'Saturday Night' feeling will just be ruined now.

Originally posted by vmchunkymonkey

The result won't be leaked in the paper as the results show on Sunday is going to be live.

Is it definitely going to be live? If so that makes it a bit better.

Tom
28-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Jack_
I still can't get over this, this really is an awful decision. The whole 'Saturday Night' feeling will just be ruined now.

They were going to do it last year but Simon refused to do it pre recorded, but because it costs an extra half a million to do live ITV knocked the idea on its head. I'm assuming Simon still has the upper hand and its going to be live. I hate the idea though, I like the hour inbetween and talking about it on here, then off to watch the results and back again. All impact will be lost like when they've split judges homes and bootcamp over 2 days, I don't think I'll get into it as much this year.

Jack_
28-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Originally posted by Jack_

They were going to do it last year but Simon refused to do it pre recorded, but because it costs an extra half a million to do live ITV knocked the idea on its head. I'm assuming Simon still has the upper hand and its going to be live. I hate the idea though, I like the hour inbetween and talking about it on here, then off to watch the results and back again. All impact will be lost like when they've split judges homes and bootcamp over 2 days, I don't think I'll get into it as much this year.

Oh yeah, I remember all of that, I was glad they didn't in the end.

But I agree, the changes they've made this year are pretty stupid. First turning it into a double of BGT by adding an audience to the Auditions ruins the atmosphere there. The set up with just 4 judges was much funnier when someone crap came on. Then moving the Results Show to Sunday is just another way of going up against SCD in the ratings. I wish Simon would see this, and concentrate on pleasing the fans, rather than trying to beat Strictly on absolutely everything.

bronaaaa
28-07-2009, 07:17 PM
No way, Saturday results complete the show :sad:

Maia
29-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Awful decision. It was brilliant having it on the same day, it just won't be the same now :sad:

MR.K!
29-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Worst. Decision. Ever

Spike
29-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I like the idea, it will work well if the producers plan and use the Sunday show well and make it seem less dragged out then the Amercian Idol results show, which wont be hard because with The X Factor the results, sing off and judges decision can take up a lot of time.
I think its one of the best moves The X Factor has made which now allows the show to run smoothly and avoid Strictly Come Dancing which will please a lot of people and surely increase ratings

Marc
29-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Sunday nights are good!

Marc
29-07-2009, 03:42 PM
With sunday they will have a day to ponder and stew

vmchunkymonkey
29-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Sunday nights will be good as they are usually boring. Also it would be a good oppurtunity to get the contestants to sing some group songs like they do on Idol.

Gemmer-x
29-07-2009, 06:48 PM
ahhh this is poo. Prefer to have it on saturday