Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Conversation Between Bollo and Mrluvaluva
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 21
  1. Mrluvaluva
    17-06-2012 07:11 PM
    Mrluvaluva
    Hi. That sounded like a laugh. Have a listen to The Cocteau Twins. Liz Fraser has an amazing voice. She has done some stuff with other bands too. For instance, she did the vocals on Massive Attack's "Teardrop" which you may know. I'm not really that well listened to regarding FNM and Ride. I will have to try and have a listen. I just posted a track called House by Kindness on the forum which I quite like at the moment. Have a listen and see what you think.
  2. Bollo
    14-06-2012 11:53 AM
    Bollo
    Hi Baz...Have just about recovered from the Festival, it was pretty folky and there was a novelty band called the Skimmity Hitchers who do their own stuff as well as covers of songs that they change the words to all sung in West Country/Dorset accents..like My Girl Cider Cup (lollipop), Viva Lyme Regis (Las Vegas), Imagine (there's no Devon)....they were hilarious and brilliant to do-si -do to (although you wouldn't want to actually listen to them at home tho!). I have heard of Jesus and Mary chain and Cocteau Twins but never actually listened to them so I may well just do that... I think a lot of the new bands I have seen recently are influenced by that kind of stuff to that now like Crushed Beaks, Slowcoaches and Fanzine who I saw a few weeks ago who were pretty good. At the moment my playlist has gone a bit 80'/90's heavy funk this week I'm mostly listening to Infectiuos Grooves & Faith No More with a bit of Ride thrown in...How bout you
  3. Mrluvaluva
    09-06-2012 08:29 PM
    Mrluvaluva
    Call me Baz please. I realise the album is a little mellow, but I really like it. Different sounds for different moods. I have loads of stuff I could recommend. Do you like The Cocteau Twins? What about groupd like Sonic Youth? Jesus and Marychain? We will have to make lists of who we like and cross reference them. Haha. Let me know how the festival goes. I will be interested to hear about it. Hope you enjoy.
  4. Bollo
    06-06-2012 07:11 PM
    Bollo
    I listened to the album and it's pretty good, a little mellow for me on first listen...having said that it usually takes me a few listens to get into stuff sometimes...But if you have any more recommendations let me know as I always wanna hear new (to me) music. I am going to a local music festival this weekend so am hoping to hear some new sounds that will inspire me ♥ it's a bit folky tho and they have some really weird yokel bands sometimes but hey-ho....any plans yourself for the weekend Mrluvaluva?
  5. Mrluvaluva
    03-06-2012 08:16 PM
    Mrluvaluva
    It might not be to everyone's taste. Let me know what you think.
  6. Bollo
    03-06-2012 02:57 PM
    Bollo
    Thanks for the link...haha it wasn't any of the ones I listened too on La Tube! Just playing the album in the background now...
  7. Mrluvaluva
    31-05-2012 10:34 PM
    Mrluvaluva
    Haha I guessed. You can actually stream the Satellites album here

http://www.satellites01.co.uk/

It's quite mellow but I think it's quite amazing. Johnny Vic has done most of it himself.

And I would not laugh at The Wombats. I quite liked them when they came out and really liked Let's Dance To Joy Division.

There's a documentary starting tomorrow on BBC4 called Punk Britannia. It's a 3 part series. Looks quite interesting.
  8. Bollo
    31-05-2012 08:56 PM
    Bollo
    Um It's probably best not too mention why I can't remember that part...on the grounds that it may incriminate me haha. I tried to listen to The Satellites but got confyowsed as their are 'bout five bands with that name...do they have a female singer and sound quite dreamy? Or is it the one with the male vocals that are quite 60's sounding? My last purchase I bought four albums : You Cross My Path - The Charlatans, Rant - The Future Heads, Django, Django - Self Titled and um...ok please don't laugh ...but, The Wombats ( But only for Techno Fan)....
  9. Mrluvaluva
    31-05-2012 12:55 AM
    Mrluvaluva
    Orbital, Primal Scream. The Prodigy and Ian Brown are all favourites. Although I most probably know more of The Prodigy and Orbital than the others. Why can you not remember Liam DJing? Lol. skips The last album I bought was the Satellites one I mentioned earlier. I have been listening more recently to PJ Harvey, Kate Bush and Bjork I think. It depends how I feel when I wake up in the morning. I am easily influenced and often reminiscent at the end of a night. What was your last purchase?
  10. Bollo
    30-05-2012 11:51 PM
    Bollo
    Wowsers..I love that you have such an eclectic mix of music tastes...Am so jealous that you went to the Hacienda, which was from all accounts....legendary...I bet you heard some great sounds there? The best I got is Alexandra Palace NYE 2000 with Ian Brown, Primal Scream and Orbital ...apparently The Chemical Brothers and Liam Howlett were DJiing but I don't quite remember that bit haha. I always have new music I want to buy.. in fact I write lists and carry them in my bag in case I pass a record store and can't remember...I'm terrible with the 2 for £10 deals at HMV! What's album did you last buy? Now hang on...I've just seen your Blondie thread...must go and look up stuff to post..