Site Navigation

Notices

Conversation Between caprimint and MTVN
Showing Visitor Messages 231 to 240 of 262
  1. MTVN
    17-03-2020 11:03 AM
    MTVN
    I did wear a suit, first one I've bought in about ten years

No chance my pub closes I reckon. Even if the government forced them I'd like to think they can keep a side door open for us locals and just draw the curtains, make it a proper speakeasy what's life like in London, noticeably shutting down?
  2. caprimint
    16-03-2020 07:16 AM
    caprimint
    Yeah I think travelling alone sometimes is even better because you can do everything you want/not feel like you have to do certain things. Sounds great and the wedding sounds reaaally lovely too Does that mean you wore a suit?

Looks like you might be joining me and having a few more days sober when all the pubs shut down here
  3. MTVN
    15-03-2020 09:26 PM
    MTVN
    Yeah there was 4 of us which worked out well in terms of accommodation and sharing the driving etc although I'd have happily gone on my own tbf lol. Hard to say the best bit - think Nashville best for music but New Orleans was like nothing I've ever seen for a party city. And Texas was amazing for the food. But all of it is was so good in different ways we ended it in Mexico for one of my friends wedding and that was bloomin beautiful too

I too had 3 days sober when I got back from hols but that was plenty, you'll never make 2 months
  4. caprimint
    15-03-2020 04:05 PM
    caprimint
    Bet they were pleased about that

Sounds excellent, country albums on a country road trip... doesn't get any better than that Which was your fave part of the whole holiday? And did you go with friends??

I'll have you know that I'm 3 days sober from today and going on for 2 months
  5. MTVN
    15-03-2020 03:34 PM
    MTVN
    I've always loved country music I was dragging everyone around the Country Music Hall of Fame out there.

We did Charleston, Memphis, New Orleans and Austin were the main cities but we also spent a couple days in a small town in the Smoky Mountains and a town called Natchez in Mississippi which was really cool. Was a lot of driving but a few good country albums and you're sorted

Better keep off that booze and save up
  6. caprimint
    15-03-2020 09:40 AM
    caprimint
    Wow I'm super jealous of you!!! That sounds amazing Yeah I've heard that there are just loads of places that are playing country music all the time... would deffo be my thing for sure. Which other places did you go to?? And does this mean you like country music now?

Not sure, I'd have to save up for quuuite a long time but I'd love to be able to go some time next year
  7. MTVN
    14-03-2020 09:14 PM
    MTVN
    I was in America for 2 weeks did a road trip across the south and had two days in Nashville

It was amazing! We went to a couple places with amazing music but tbh there's literally dozens of bars there where they've just got live country music any hour of the day, such a good vibe around the city as well and so much to see and do. We also went to a Nashville ice hockey game which was a great experience

When you going then eh?
  8. caprimint
    14-03-2020 01:43 PM
    caprimint
    You're not that far from it

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!? How was it (if you're not trollin me )?!? Are you in America??
  9. MTVN
    14-03-2020 12:56 PM
    MTVN
    Wouldn't wanna go near your crappy hometown anyway

Bet you will be jealous when I tell you I spent a couple of nights in Nashville on my hols
  10. caprimint
    14-03-2020 10:21 AM
    caprimint
    Don't bring the corona back with you and infect my hometown

(But seriously hope you're having a good holiday!!!! )