ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What was the last film you watched? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228553)

Amy Jade 04-02-2017 08:25 PM

James deserved an Oscar nod for Split imo

Vanessa 04-02-2017 08:26 PM

Next week i'm going to see Rings. Looks really scary :worry:

Jason. 04-02-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9205763)
James deserved an Oscar nod for Split imo

He should've been paid 23x his fee for the different personalities he had to portray within one character too

Benzient-XXVII 05-02-2017 07:37 PM

The Sixth Sense (1999)
9/10 > saw this once over a decade ago, luckily I forgot the twist so it came as a surprise, great film

Nim's Island (2008)
9/10 > it was quite amusing & the island was great to look at

Chappie (2015)
8/10 > really entertaining, I want a Chappie

The Giver (2012)
8/10 > had low expectations but it surpassed them, really good

Paul (2011)
8/10 > Simon Pegg & Nick Frost team up again in this quite funny comedy with an alien called Paul

Automata (2014)
4/10 > a film about robots & not much else, boring

JerseyWins 05-02-2017 09:35 PM

The ending to Split definitely felt random and out of place and the movie was good but not amazing. I also agree @ James McEvoy, he was phenomenal in it. :clap1:

Shaun 06-02-2017 03:12 AM

Captain Fantastic

Loved it. Might be the best film since Boyhood.

jennyjuniper 06-02-2017 05:25 AM

The Signal. If you like sci-fi you might like this.

Jeddy 06-02-2017 03:12 PM

I watched Bridget Jones Baby.
I expected it to be terrible.
But it was pretty good.

Denver 06-02-2017 03:14 PM

Manchester By The Sea 5/10

Nice film not terrible but not fantastic

Niamh. 06-02-2017 03:15 PM

Into the Forrest - Pure sh**e 4/10

The Monster - Even worse sh**e 3/10

Shaun 07-02-2017 03:59 AM

La La Land

Quite lovely tbh. Didn't expect much from it - especially after the opening which made Enchanted look like American History X. But it got a lot more charming and warm and infectious, some of the music was wonderful (although I found Gosling's character a pretentious arse. There was nothing wrong with that song by John Legend's band), and the two leads were pretty nice... I wouldn't give either of them the Leading Oscars though. It'd essentially be an award for learning the most talents - tapdancing, piano, etc - rather than a particular acting performance. Both have been eclipsed by Mortensen/Washington and Portman from the films I've seen.

But it was a really good film and one that I'd happily see again. 9/10. Director's on a great streak atm going from Whiplash to this.

Benzient-XXVII 07-02-2017 06:18 PM

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)
9/10 > great film with twist & turns, the critics are STUPID

Hall Pass (2011)
9/10 > couldn't help but laugh pretty much all the way through

The International (2009)
8/10 > great thriller with Clive Owen (get him mixed up with Gerald Butler for some reason)

She’s Funny That Way (2014)
8/10 > Jennifer Aniston deliver the laughs whilst Imogen Poots accent irritates

Vice (2015)
7/10 > quite good for straight to DVD

Minions (2015)
7/10 > amusing & entertaining better than Despicable Me 2 anyway

Ronald. 07-02-2017 07:18 PM

Went to see la la land with the family . Was very good . Wife didn't like the ending bit i think that's because she didn't understand the point of the film . Daughter loved the songs and I thought both the man and woman were good. Was a nostalgic nod to the old films I remember and love. How they used to break out into song and dance for no reason - that's what used to happen ! Loved it ! Gaga for lala land ! R.

Braden 07-02-2017 08:25 PM

T2: Trainspotting

A really nice sequel, but not as a good as the first - obviously. It was good to see how the characters had developed, and they wereportrayed and written quite well.

The Scottish culture is embedded in my small town so there were some really nice moments that made me somewhat emotional and nostalgic. Really fitting ending too, though the plot itself wasn't exactly strong.

I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

LucyPinder'sLover 07-02-2017 09:59 PM

Watched Crocodile Dundee II Last Night I Still Enjoy the film

Shaun 08-02-2017 04:14 AM

Nocturnal Animals

Somewhere between good and decent? Idk I feel I would've enjoyed the movie more if it were just about the novel within the film. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Michael Shannon were the best parts about it - which is odd since I love Amy Adams (didn't really buy into her as the stone-cold art dealer type). The cast was full of surprises actually - Vod from Fresh Meat popping up as a friend of hers :laugh: Laura Linney did a fine debutante routine. Michael Sheen was barely on-screen.

But enough of that - it was a good film within a kinda shallow and boring one. I'd give it a 7 or an 8 on a good day.

Vanessa 08-02-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9210411)
Nocturnal Animals

Somewhere between good and decent? Idk I feel I would've enjoyed the movie more if it were just about the novel within the film. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Michael Shannon were the best parts about it - which is odd since I love Amy Adams (didn't really buy into her as the stone-cold art dealer type). The cast was full of surprises actually - Vod from Fresh Meat popping up as a friend of hers :laugh: Laura Linney did a fine debutante routine. Michael Sheen was barely on-screen.

But enough of that - it was a good film within a kinda shallow and boring one. I'd give it a 7 or an 8 on a good day.

Went to see this because I love Jake Gillenhall and he didn't disappoint:love:

Livia 08-02-2017 09:59 AM

The Girl with all the Gifts. Yet another take on zombies... and a really good one. Great British-made film with an original story starring Gemma Arterton, Paddy Considine, Glenn Close and 13 year old Sennia Nanua, who was bloody brilliant. I highly recommend.

9/10

Shaun 08-02-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 9210447)
Went to see this because I love Jake Gillenhall and he didn't disappoint:love:

Couldn't help but feel there was an excessive amount of male nudity :laugh: wonder if Tom Ford was overt or not in those decisions.

Niamh. 08-02-2017 10:09 AM

The Pledge - It's an older one but I hadn't seen it before. It was good but left me feeling unsatisfied which was probably the point but still. 7/10

Spoiler:

It was a bit far fetched to believe that the serial child rapist/killer that Gerry was obsessed with finding happened to choose Chrissy as his next target, of all the blonde 7-10 year olds in the area

Benzient-XXVII 08-02-2017 06:54 PM

Black Sea (2014)
9/10 > tense thriller set on a submarine

Delivery Man (2013)
7/10 > amusing but this was more drama than comedy as suggested

Lady In The Water (2006)
6/10 > it had a few funny moments, liked it somewhat

Public Enemies (2009)
6/10 > overlong but had good shootouts scenes

Hugo (2011)
6/10 > I didn't know what genre this film would fall under, because of this it was difficult to rate

MB. 08-02-2017 07:02 PM

Rings - it was good, if not a little distracting to see Marc from TiBB pop up in the middle of it

LemonJam 08-02-2017 09:59 PM

Lion - This is really good! Great acting with some really beautiful moments. Teared up a bit towards the end and that never happens to me (cos I'm a hard lad yeah)

Then because my boyfriend was was convinced was the actor playing Saroo in Lion was Shia Lebouf (?!?!?!?!?!) We ended up watching...

Slumdog Millionaire - This is possibly the most overrated film I've ever seen. The first half with the young kids is great, but then it just drones on with "he see's the girl! oh no they're separated again! but wait, he sees her again!" The characters are depthless and the acting is gormless. The cinematography is nice but nothing to write home about. Just an overall MEH of a film.

Babayaro. 08-02-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 9211298)
Rings - it was good, if not a little distracting to see Marc from TiBB pop up in the middle of it

:laugh2:

Niamh. 08-02-2017 10:44 PM

Just back from Trainspotting 2 loved it, best film I've seen on ages 9/10