ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Igloo: Refrozen (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239324)

Ammi 20-10-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus. (Post 6443275)
Calling Jake the N-word.

..will you hush up please...

Vanessa 20-10-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6443281)
..what's Revolution..a movie..I got two new dvds so I might watch one of those...

..no, silly sausage...she asked for it to plan her wedding...

It's a tv series. Love it! I'm watching it on sky one.

T* 20-10-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus. (Post 6443287)
No - she asked for a ban to give herself 2 days off to sort her wedding out.

Oh haha :joker:

lostalex 20-10-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6443284)
...he's joking Alex...

Sorry, i came in halfway through the conversation, i see now. :P *puts dunce cap on*

Vanessa 20-10-2013 09:12 PM

I hope everything goes well for her wedding. :love:

Glenn. 20-10-2013 09:12 PM

I went in TC and there's no one there :suspect:

Ammi 20-10-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 6443294)
Sorry, i came in halfway through the conversation, i see now. :P *puts dunce cap on*

...aww, I think everyone believed it, I guess it was the shock of seeing her name on the list...

Jesus. 20-10-2013 09:16 PM

She's been getting away with language like that for too long. I for one, am glad someone has taken a stand against her.

lostalex 20-10-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6443305)
...aww, I think everyone believed it, I guess it was the shock of seeing her name on the list...

I remember when ben did something similar. i'll never understand the self-imposed ban. If i ever wanna get banned then i'll do it the old fashioned way. Might as well enjoy it, i say. :)

Jesus. 20-10-2013 09:19 PM

You're doing well so far. Is this a record?

Ammi 20-10-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 6443310)
I remember when ben did something similar. i'll never understand the self-imposed ban. If i ever wanna get banned then i'll do it the old fashioned way. Might as well enjoy it, i say. :)

..it's only for a few days because I think she was getting involved in a few threads/topics and you know how distracting it can be...but yeah lol..she could have asked you for some tips, Alex..:tongue:...

Jesus. 20-10-2013 09:22 PM

I remember when I joined. Alex and I used to clash heads constantly. I got a few infractions because of it.

Z 20-10-2013 09:22 PM

I'm annoyed. I'm studying a joint honours degree; the German half of it is so badly run it makes me despair. Our homework for the class on Tuesday is a translation... of a 4 page long article. This is an utterly pointless endeavour. Nobody has time to do something that long for starters; we never get through more than about a page of a translation if we have the lecturer who likes to speed through it, and no more than about 2 paragraphs if we have the lecturer who goes over grammar points; we don't have to hand them in so you have no idea if your translation is correct or not because the lecturer will only provide one suggested solution; it's a class of 30-ish people so you don't even get much feedback anyway; we only get 2 hours of teaching a week - 1 hour spoken and 1 hour written, and they choose to spend the 1 hour written class going over a stupidly long translation.

I don't know how many times I've written in feedback forms that they should give us 1-2 paragraph long translations with difficult sentences so that we can hand them in by Friday and get them back on Tuesday. Short translations so that the lecturer can mark them quickly and we all get individual feedback. We have an exam in week 6 and I feel like my language skills are abominable because the teaching is so badly thought out. There is one member of staff who is fantastic at her job but she's relatively new and doesn't have much sway in the department.

AnnieK 20-10-2013 09:24 PM

You should drop out and become a full time mole Greg, :tongue:

Z 20-10-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniek76 (Post 6443326)
You should drop out and become a full time mole Greg, :tongue:

Every year without fail I threaten to drop out of uni and get a job and then don't because my parents would be raging :joker:

Jake. 20-10-2013 09:27 PM

I can see why you're annoyed Greg, after all if you're paying to be at uni you deserve the right amount of effort from your lecturers. It certainly doesn't seem right for you to have to do 2 pages of work not for it to be checked.

Ammi 20-10-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus. (Post 6443318)
I remember when I joined. Alex and I used to clash heads constantly. I got a few infractions because of it.

..I remember when you first joined after you'd had your accident..I don't think we ever spoke off the forum then..or actually that much on it...

Jesus. 20-10-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6443337)
..I remember when you first joined after you'd had your accident..I don't think we ever spoke off the forum then..or actually that much on it...

And you are...?

Ammi 20-10-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus. (Post 6443340)
And you are...?

..tired...a little bit anyway...

Z 20-10-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 6443335)
I can see why you're annoyed Greg, after all if you're paying to be at uni you deserve the right amount of effort from your lecturers. It certainly doesn't seem right for you to have to do 2 pages of work not for it to be checked.

I don't even see the point in doing the work at all when I open the booklet to find a 4 page article staring back at me. The tutor who's quite good at her job has taken the class for the last 3 weeks and instead of going through the translation she's picked out select parts of it and asked us to work in groups to provide solutions to certain things which is slightly more worthwhile but even then you can just rely on other people in the group to do the work and you still don't learn much.

Utter ****e, the lot of it.

Jesus. 20-10-2013 09:35 PM

unheimlich scheisse

Jesus. 20-10-2013 09:36 PM

I think I might marry this girl.

Jake. 20-10-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee (Post 6443347)
I don't even see the point in doing the work at all when I open the booklet to find a 4 page article staring back at me. The tutor who's quite good at her job has taken the class for the last 3 weeks and instead of going through the translation she's picked out select parts of it and asked us to work in groups to provide solutions to certain things which is slightly more worthwhile but even then you can just rely on other people in the group to do the work and you still don't learn much.

Utter ****e, the lot of it.

Ah, how ****, sorry to hear it.

Ammi 20-10-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus. (Post 6443352)

I think I might marry this girl.

..she has a lovely voice and plays beautifully...although that might not be why you want to marry her lol...don't you play some instruments ..?...

Jesus. 20-10-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6443358)
..she has a lovely voice and plays beautifully...although that might not be why you want to marry her lol...don't you play some instruments ..?...

It's like you've got a window into my mind :laugh:

Yes, I play quite a lot of things. Everyone had to in my house growing up. I'm the worst in the family though.

I'm probably best on the guitar, but piano is my favourite.