ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Lewis: let’s talk about politics! homeless people! Suicide! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350423)

Elliot 23-10-2018 12:24 AM

It’s not even about people having these conversations it’s how Lewis thinks he’s above it all since he’s obviously going for that kind of aesthetic when in reality he’s just as petty and horny, if not more so, than the simpletons he mocks on his high horse. He’s never been aired having these conversations anyway, and mocked Kay for her passionate beliefs :shrug:

rusticgal 23-10-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10305453)
Well Lewis looks homeless so i guess he can relate :whistle:

Perhaps he is...is that a reason to ridicule? Shame on you.

Vanessa 23-10-2018 12:27 AM

Are you kidding me? He's one of the most beautiful people i've ever seen!

Ant. 23-10-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 10305592)
Are you kidding me? He's one of the most beautiful people i've ever seen!

I've seen some gorgeous homeless people I wouldn't mind taking home with me

Good looks and looking homeless/being homeless are not mutually exclusive :smug:

Pro Sniper 23-10-2018 01:45 AM

Quote: "Let's make people aware of sexuality and ****ing suicide and **** like that"

And this is the person who proclaims to want "deep and meaningfuls"..

Him desperately trying to come across as some sort of "worldly guru" is highly embarrassing. Pseudointellectual moron.

deanmontague 23-10-2018 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Sniper (Post 10305669)
Quote: "Let's make people aware of sexuality and ****ing suicide and **** like that"

And this is the person who proclaims to want "deep and meaningfuls"..

Him desperately trying to come across as some sort of "worldly guru" is highly embarrassing. Pseudointellectual moron.

what's not meaningful about those topics? :shrug:

Jordan. 23-10-2018 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDodge (Post 10305476)
In the off season forums are full of threads saying we want more intelligent discussions from housemates.

We changed our minds, we want a cross dressing Polish man squirting a Welsh man with a water pistol whilst screaming daddy.

RileyH 23-10-2018 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 10305674)
We changed our minds, we want a cross dressing Polish man squirting a Welsh man with a water pistol whilst screaming daddy.

Sounds too good to be true

Rob! 23-10-2018 02:40 AM

Wow we can’t wait for Doctor Who series 54 to open with the historical and heartbreaking episode “Lewis.”

lewys 23-10-2018 04:42 AM

I want to see them guess who the public voted the ugliest nastiest fattest housemate who doesn’t shower NOT Lewis pretending to be woke

Ammi 23-10-2018 05:19 AM

...Serious Debates v chat and games/the chat threads..?....

Cherie 23-10-2018 07:23 AM

You have to laugh, given he tried for the showmance with the girl that he had no deep connection with :laugh: what a hypocrite he is

Kazanne 23-10-2018 07:35 AM

And why not discuss the important things in life? these are the best conversations that I like, nothing at all wrong with talking about serious stuff,we need more of it.That's probably why I like Lewis ,as endless smutty talk I find childish and some of it gross and quite telling of some of the housemates personalities, everything in moderation.

joeysteele 23-10-2018 07:57 AM

He used them as examples of other things to discuss.
He added too, their life stories and life in general.

He also never inferred stopping talking about sexual matters, just not near doing so all the time.

Anyone else saying that would be getting praise, he's presented as dictating.

It was a game with that box they were doing.
It was nice to see he got a positive response to it, save for Tomasz.

MB. 23-10-2018 08:09 AM

Let's talk about politics, homeless people and suicide, baby! Let's talk about you and me! Let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be!

Vanessa 23-10-2018 09:00 AM

I also love a deep, serious conversation. Give me that over the sex talk any day of the week.

bitontheslide 23-10-2018 09:10 AM

People are who they are, they talk about what they want. What they talk about and how they behave determines how the public and the housemates perceive them and they are judged accordingly. Why should that be changed? To change it creates false impressions about the people.

Cherie 23-10-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10305887)
People are who they are, they talk about what they want. What they talk about and how they behave determines how the public and the housemates perceive them and they are judged accordingly. Why should that be changed? To change it creates false impressions about the people.

Exactly

Toy Soldier 23-10-2018 09:49 AM

TBH I'd like to talk to him about these things to see if he actually has any depth or insight, or if (as I strongly suspect) his desire to portray himself as deep and thoughtful is mostly window-dressing.

He's a confusing character at the moment because he waxes lyrical about being a deep thinker and philosophical, but to be honest, his interactions with others are severely lacking in any amount of deeper thought or understanding. He's intolerant of people and unwilling to even look for their depth unless it's offered to him on a platter... which is profoundly unphilosophical.

I mean yes we can all have our off days like that, and it's not an indicator of overall character, but we've seen him for 6 weeks now and I've rarely (if ever) seen him make much of an effort to examine the world from any perspective other than his own. So what exactly is it that he wants to talk about? :think:. Perhaps he wants to preach, which isn't really the same thing.

Cherie 23-10-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10305981)
TBH I'd like to talk to him about these things to see if he actually has any depth or insight, or if (as I strongly suspect) his desire to portray himself as deep and thoughtful is mostly window-dressing.

He's a confusing character at the moment because he waxes lyrical about being a deep thinker and philosophical, but to be honest, his interactions with others are severely lacking in any amount of deeper thought or understanding. He's intolerant of people and unwilling to even look for their depth unless it's offered to him on a platter... which is profoundly unphilosophical.

I mean yes we can all have our off days like that, and it's not an indicator of overall character, but we've seen him for 6 weeks now and I've rarely (if ever) seen him make much of an effort to examine the world from any perspective other than his own. So what exactly is it that he wants to talk about? :think:. Perhaps he wants to preach, which isn't really the same thing.

You are a loveable dick to be sure

Toy Soldier 23-10-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10305981)

I would add (to myself :joker: ) though that I think he does VERY MUCH WANT to be that person, which is maybe why he's so keen to go there, but... I think he needs to do a lot more work on himself and an absolute boatload of introspection before he's really able to operate on that level in any way. And currently, his own mind is far too stormy for him to even do that. In fact I think he'll end up doing himself some real emotional harm if he stares into the abyss for too long before he's sorted out his own mental landscape. Basically I think he's a little boy playing with fire (excuse the pun :hehe: ) right now.

Toy Soldier 23-10-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10305986)
You are a loveable dick to be sure

I've been saying it for years :hmph:

Cherie 23-10-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10305994)
I've been saying it for years :hmph:

if you didn't hide the loveable so well :hehe:

poppsywoppsy 23-10-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10305992)
I would add (to myself :joker: ) though that I think he does VERY MUCH WANT to be that person, which is maybe why he's so keen to go there, but... I think he needs to do a lot more work on himself and an absolute boatload of introspection before he's really able to operate on that level in any way. And currently, his own mind is far too stormy for him to even do that. In fact I think he'll end up doing himself some real emotional harm if he stares into the abyss for too long before he's sorted out his own mental landscape. Basically I think he's a little boy playing with fire (excuse the pun :hehe: ) right now.

He says he would love a conversation on certain subjects but he cannot have a conversation on his own.

Surely that's why you haven't seen it.

He has said no one else is interested or intelligent enough to have these conversations so don't blame him for them not happening. The level of general knowledge in there is abysmal.

I am sure, I would go nuts if all I was hearing all day was smutty innuendos, body functions and make up and beauty tips.

Toy Soldier 23-10-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy (Post 10306009)
He says he would love a conversation on certain subjects but he cannot have a conversation on his own.

Surely that's why you haven't seen it.

He has said no one else is interested or intelligent enough to have these conversations so don't blame him for them not happening. The level of general knowledge in there is abysmal.

I am sure, I would go nuts if all I was hearing all day was smutty innuendos, body functions and make up and beauty tips.

That's not my point really. My point is that if he currently doesn't have the ability to discuss anything (it seems) in a calm and measured way, then being so eager to delve into the depths of things like social politics, suicide and mortality is a really bad idea both for himself and for anyone who would be going there with him. There are types of conversation that it's frankly just naive to plunge feet-first into to shoot the breeze or pass the time. The abyss stares back, and Lewis to be brutally honest does not seem like an emotionally healthy person right now... if he's not careful, he'll fold like wet tissue paper. Is all I'm saying. Keeping interactions fun and light has a very good purpose and can be very important... he's desperate to insist that these interactions are "lesser" instead of just "different", and that to me strongly indicates that he doesn't know how to find the balance that will (not to be melodramatic but...) keep him sane.