ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   EMA (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71496)

Sophii3x 19-09-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Barbie-big-bro
Quote:

Originally posted by Sophii3x
What mix up? We haven't been told anything here.. I should be getting mine and my return bonus on Monday :sad: Oh and I re-applied for it in the summer holidays.
i thought they got rid of the bonus for returning to college... thats what we got told anyway
Oh, it's on our EMA calender sheet and the letter that came back after I re-applied said I get it.. maybe it's different for Wales?

Tom 19-09-2008 07:39 PM

Some people I know are getting theres now ...

I never got it though, parents earn too much :sad:

Its only £30 though, can people honestly survive on that each week?! :conf2::shocked:

BigSister 19-09-2008 07:40 PM

I never got that as well Tom

Sam! 19-09-2008 07:41 PM

When your 16 in sixth form you would. Well i will be. I would well want 30 quid a week, my rents buy food and **** obvs.

Tom 19-09-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scampi
When your 16 in sixth form you would. Well i will be. I would well want 30 quid a week, my rents buy food and **** obvs.
LOL but even when I was in college £30 wouldn't have even been a night out, thats before food at college and shopping as well :joker:

Nicky. 19-09-2008 08:16 PM

Its driving my dad insane xD

My brother is in the middle of his driving lessons, and he used to be able to pay it before school broke up with his EMA, now he keeps asking to borrow money xD x

Fom 19-09-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah but the point of it is, with me I get no money from my mum because she doesn't earn any money because she doesn't work. My EMA needs to go towards buses and food because my mum cant chip in, people that cant get EMA don't need it. Their families can chip in with bus fair or give a lift in the morning.
With this none EMAness my mum is having to give me money to get to college and its coming straight out of our food budget for the week.

Tom 19-09-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fom
Quote:

Yeah but the point of it is, with me I get no money from my mum because she doesn't earn any money because she doesn't work. My EMA needs to go towards buses and food because my mum cant chip in, people that cant get EMA don't need it. Their families can chip in with bus fair or give a lift in the morning.
With this none EMAness my mum is having to give me money to get to college and its coming straight out of our food budget for the week.
Some parents don't give much money away though and some parents might be about a fiver over the maximum range, so can't afford much anyway. Its not as clear cut as you put.

Fom 19-09-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom
Quote:

Originally posted by Fom
Quote:

Some parents don't give much money away though and some parents might be about a fiver over the maximum range, so can't afford much anyway. Its not as clear cut as you put.
I fail to believe that though, if my mum can give me money and she is earning nothing then if both parents are earning money they can spare £20 - £30 a week. The only reason they cant afford it is that they are giving money to other things rather than their kids... then thats not the governments problem. The whole point of EMA is to give some relief to people who genuinly cannot afford it.

hannah. 19-09-2008 10:11 PM

this is such a bummer. although i'm coping, and I'm presuming that we'll get backpayments, which is gonna be amazing.. does anyone actually know how long it's gonna take?

Lauren 19-09-2008 10:13 PM

You'll get back-payments, yeah.

I remember when I received EMA there was like 3 weeks where they couldn't provide it, and then it went in alltogether.

Adamw92 19-09-2008 10:13 PM

i've been at college for 3 weeks now, the first weeks EMA was stopped because i apparently missed a lesson, which i didnt then last weeks was stopped again for the same reason, the first weeks was backdated but i still have yet to recieve the 2nd and 3rd weeks payment, i'm sure they dont want to give me any :bawling:

Legend 19-09-2008 11:12 PM

I'm glad, it's saving up for me for christmas, in a roundabout way.

GhettoSuperstar 19-09-2008 11:41 PM

I get a huge college bursary instead! :cheer2: Free money and its much, much more than EMA! :whistle:

Sarah. 19-09-2008 11:56 PM

It's not fair at all. I need the money too but I'm not allowed to get it. :rolleyes: I really do find it extremely unfair, everyone should get it.

hannah. 20-09-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mrs_rko
It's not fair at all. I need the money too but I'm not allowed to get it. :rolleyes: I really do find it extremely unfair, everyone should get it.
no because then everyone'd have much less, and it'd be pointless

Tom 20-09-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hannahhhh
Quote:

Originally posted by mrs_rko
no because then everyone'd have much less, and it'd be pointless
Not necessarily. You either get £10, £20 or £30. I think those who don't qualify at all should at least get £10.