ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Normalising pedophilia.. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368496)

Toy Soldier 14-07-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10879749)
I feel like reports to Facebook must be automated rather than looked at by an actual person. Surely something in the photo doesn’t tick any boxes for removal in the (clearly crap) system? I can’t believe a paid human looked at that and thought “nah, you know what, that’s cool.”

The "first line" for reports will definitely be an AI algorithm... It had to be, they'd need to employ literally millions of moderators otherwise. There really should be a clearer way to escalate the complaint though.

Glenn. 14-07-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10879716)
Yes...but not in all cases.

Right

The Slim Reaper 14-07-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 10879777)
Right

I think it's an orientation, but that doesn't mean it's in any way acceptable or it would excuse or legalise relationships between adults and children, which is the aim of that FB movement.

Oliver_W 14-07-2020 05:00 PM

Something that irks me is when people seem to differentiate between ephebiphillia and "proper" paedophillia. A child is a child, even if they are a teenager...

The Slim Reaper 14-07-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10879745)
I think it's extremely rare for an element of it being the power dynamic (rather, the powerlessness) of the child so no, it's not like adult attraction, though it might feel like it to the person involved.

There are very few cases of child molestation where the perpetrator isn't a victim of past abuse or other traumatic incidences of powerlessness themselves. The involvement of trauma makes it very likely that it's a symptom of mental illness first and foremost.

Have you got some data for this? The only stuff I've read said this is a misconception, and even the data can't be relied that heavily upon, because, for example, it might be in a paedophiles interests to say they were abused as a child if it could get them on to a rehabilitation program in prison.

Tom4784 14-07-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10879780)
Something that irks me is when people seem to differentiate between ephebiphillia and "proper" paedophillia. A child is a child, even if they are a teenager...

Oh god, I know what you mean, it's sickening. There's no degrees to it, a child is a child and it's abuse. Underage is underage.

Jigs 14-07-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10879634)
Paedophilia is not a sexuality, it's a fetish and one that is rooted in the abuse of children. It's like saying that beastiality and necrophillia are sexualities, they are not.

It really bothers me how peados are trying to co-opt the LGBT message to encourage acceptance of their abuses, I've read a lot of stories over the years of peadophiles trying to spread their messages at pride parades and events and **** and it just makes me want to vomit. Predators trying to normalise their behaviour by comparing it to same-sex relationships between consenting adults.

Again for the back seats, Peadophillia is not a sexuality.

Yeah, all of this.

Paedophilia isn't a sexuality. Men who are attracted to blonde women do not cite that as their "sexuality". It's a fetish.

Like bestiality and necrophilia, paedophilia will always be frowned upon because in order to have sexual intercourse without breaking any laws you need to do it with someone who is able to consent to it. Children, animals and corpses can't give that consent so it's never going to be a simple case of "let's abolish the stigma so we can live out our fantasies legally!".

Jigs 14-07-2020 05:14 PM

Saying that, I definitely feel like there should be more acceptance to the idea of rehabilitating paedophiles who wish to have therapy regarding the situation. We can't just throw them all in prison so any paedophile that hasn't committed a crime but wants to get rid of these thoughts should be encouraged to do so and feel safe during the process.

Greg! 14-07-2020 05:18 PM

That picture seems fake and created to provoke outrage. Why does it have the TED logo for example? What would they gain from defending paedophiles?

thesheriff443 14-07-2020 05:18 PM

I’ve heard it referred to as an illness.

parmnion 14-07-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 10879777)
Right

What's your opinion?

What point are you trying to make glenn?

Toy Soldier 14-07-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10879780)

There -is- a psychological difference though. The issue of consent is obviously no different and people who abuse teenagers are no less morally abhorrent than those who abuse children, it's not so much a difference in moral severity, but there is a difference in motivation. Past the point of puberty is "biological adulthood" - so (for example) animals would consider that the point of distinction, and also humans pre-civilisation would have been sexually active in the early teens. As a (supposedly) civilized species we understand that a child is NOT an adult at that simple biological marker, up until the age of consent.

In psychological terms it's an important distinction though, because animals and cave-people would instinctually not be sexually interested in pre-pubescent children before the age of sexual maturity, with morals taken completely out of the equation. In fact, it's that distinction that makes paedophilia quite clearly "abnormal psychology".

It's easiest to illustrate if you go to the close-in-age teens range. A 19 year old who is attracted to a 15 year old is clearly not psychologically "a paedophile". However he has a MORAL imperative to leave said 15 year old the **** alone.

Toy Soldier 14-07-2020 06:18 PM

Just btw...

https://factcheck.afp.com/image-hoax...ng-boards-2018

This is a hoax. BUT these people do very much exist - like I said I had the (dis)pleasure of conversing at length with one a few years back.

arista 14-07-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10879847)
Just btw...

https://factcheck.afp.com/image-hoax...ng-boards-2018

This is a hoax. BUT these people do very much exist - like I said I had the (dis)pleasure of conversing at length with one a few years back.

Thats Why I asked Josy
as so many are against Facebook.

Good Find TS.

JOSY Edit your title please

Or Delete this thread please

Toy Soldier 14-07-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10879851)
Thats Why I asked Josy

Good Find TS.

Thank my wife - she came home from work and I was like "Did u see this thing from facebook?" and she went on her phone for 20 seconds and was like "Feke".

She's an internets expert.

LeatherTrumpet 14-07-2020 07:30 PM

I'd the same to the TL today about Wayfair USA

Rob! 14-07-2020 07:37 PM

I mean, fake or not, it does have the potential to create discussion on the topic. I have often wondered about this. The stereotypical image of a pedophile is the Glitters and Savilles of the world. A creepy, lecherous skidmark of humanity who deserves to burn in hell for all eternity (and yes, many are like that and yes they do deserve to burn.)
They can't ALL be like that though? Surely there are people that realise they have these feelings and are filled with nothing but disgust and fear for what they are?

Amy Jade 14-07-2020 07:47 PM

Facebook is the worst for reacting to reports. I remember a few months back there was a video of some kid dancing, he was from a video game group and looked about 12 - 13 and on his profile he had more content and much older men making gross comments.

A few people reported the worst of it and 3 of the people I talk to and myself got reports back saying it didn't violate the TOS.

Greg! 14-07-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10879881)
I mean, fake or not, it does have the potential to create discussion on the topic. I have often wondered about this. The stereotypical image of a pedophile is the Glitters and Savilles of the world. A creepy, lecherous skidmark of humanity who deserves to burn in hell for all eternity (and yes, many are like that and yes they do deserve to burn.)
They can't ALL be like that though? Surely there are people that realise they have these feelings and are filled with nothing but disgust and fear for what they are?

It’s not an orientation though. They should seek help.

LeatherTrumpet 14-07-2020 07:47 PM

You don't chose it but you can choose to act on it.....

Josy 14-07-2020 07:58 PM

Was just coming in to post that fb deleted my post as it was a hoax then noticed TS post
Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10879851)
Thats Why I asked Josy

Good Find TS.

No I wont delete the thread Arista.

There are people and groups that push this agenda and there is clearly a good debate to be had as the thread clearly shows.

Rob! 14-07-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 10879883)
It’s not an orientation though. They should seek help.

Oh I'm not denying that, I'm just sort of wondering about the psychology behind it. IS it 100% evil fetish or are there people out there who know what they are and want to change it? Idk. I feel like there isn't a huge amount of answers on that side and frankly I don't want to litter my google search history with questions like "How do I know I'm a nonce" :joker:

Smithy 14-07-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10879881)

There was an interesting documentary C4 did about this a few years ago called The Paedophile Next Door (I think it’s on Netflix now - if not probably all 4) where they interviewed a guy who says he’s never been able to help that’s he’s been attracted to children, that he’s never acted on it and never will but yeah it was an interesting watch

GoldHeart 14-07-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10879911)
There was an interesting documentary C4 did about this a few years ago called The Paedophile Next Door (I think it’s on Netflix now - if not probably all 4) where they interviewed a guy who says he’s never been able to help that’s he’s been attracted to children, that he’s never acted on it and never will but yeah it was an interesting watch

I don't think I could watch it , but I remember hearing about it .

Marsh. 14-07-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10879896)
"How do I know I'm a nonce" :joker:

https://i.imgur.com/J6ahedi.png