ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=696)
-   -   Lateysha "Im skint and a single Mum" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305269)

Jack_ 15-07-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8820518)
Well fir someone like lateysha with no actual talent or job offers atm in the media then no it isn't a proper job nor is it working for her at this moment in time :shrug:

Technically speaking Big Brother itself is a job

calyman 15-07-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyjuniper (Post 8820606)
The tax payers have every right if she and her chiold are being financed by them.

I hope she declares her income to the DWP.

-Sue- 15-07-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calyman (Post 8820673)
I hope she declares her income to the DWP.

I would love her to explain to them 'personal trainer' as a 'cost of living ;)

-Sue- 15-07-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyfox (Post 8820915)
Is Lateysha on benefits?

no idea ..but not working.. so who knows...

Cherie 15-07-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8820927)
no idea ..but not working.. so who knows...

Doesn't she have a job on another reality show, the Valleys?

Cherie 15-07-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyfox (Post 8820940)
What is everyone's definition of work?

If you get paid for an interview is that work?
If you get paid for an instagram post is that work?
If you get paid for a photoshoot is that work?
If you have all your living expenses paid for while your on a TV show is that work?

Do some of you only regard work as getting paid for a regular job?

Yes it seems if you are not grinding out a 10 hour shift in pound land it's not real work :laugh:

-Sue- 15-07-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8820941)
Doesn't she have a job on another reality show, the Valleys?

It was cancelled can't imagine why.. not sure if we can post links to the mirror newspaper here (sorry full up with tonsilitus my brain is awol) lol

if you google 'valleys axed season 5' it shows a few *cough* um images of series eek...

sampvt 15-07-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8820942)
Yes it seems if you are not grinding out a 10 hour shift in pound land it's not real work :laugh:

other retail outlets are available

Josy 15-07-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8820648)
Technically speaking Big Brother itself is a job

Well it really isn't but if that's what you want to think

Cherie 15-07-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8820949)
It was cancelled can't imagine why.. not sure if we can post links to the mirror newspaper here (sorry full up with tonsilitus my brain is awol) lol

if you google 'valleys axed season 5' it shows a few *cough* um images of series eek...

Oh that's a shame for her, not my cup of tea but each to their own, I can see why she went on BB to promote herself, at least she is trying I guess to make a career for herself.

Hope you feel better soon x

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 8820952)
other retail outlets are available

:joker:

Cherie 15-07-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8820960)

Marco was paid, it's not a stretch to think she was paid as well

Josy 15-07-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8820976)
Marco was paid, it's not a stretch to think she was paid as well

She was paid 30 quid a day like the rest as far as we know.

Bb still isn't a job it's a reality gameshow regardless of what way people try to spin it.

Jordan. 15-07-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8820456)
I never cast any aspersions on her parenting?

There's nothing at all wrong with saying someone should go out and get a real job to provide for thier family especially when that person has mentioned they were skint on the other hand i find waiting around for the opportunity of coming into easy cash to be very very selfish.

Well you're jumping to the assumption that skint means that she's unemployed. She obviously has some source of income from being in the media and being on BB will help further that.

I don't think it's selfish that she isn't running out to get a cleaning job because she could be better off

Josy 15-07-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 8820985)
Well you're jumping to the assumption that skint means that she's unemployed. She obviously has some source of income from being in the media and being on BB will help further that.

I think it's a pretty fair assumption to make :shrug:

Jack_ 15-07-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8820960)

It is, they are paid a stipend because they are working and need to cover potential losses on their income whilst they're away from home, they sign contracts to consent to certain things and regulations in the same way you would in any regular job, and the reason it's 18+ is precisely because there are laws preventing minors working on television after a certain time and for certain lengths of time

Josy 15-07-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8820994)
It is, they are paid a stipend because they are working and need to cover potential losses on their income whilst they're away from home, they sign contracts to consent to certain things and regulations in the same way you would in any regular job, and the reason it's 18+ is precisely because there are laws preventing minors working on television after a certain time and for certain lengths of time

No it really isn't....they aren't employees they don't work certain hours of each day because of course working 24 hours a day is illegal and the money they do receive is only to cover expenses its not a wage.

Jan S 15-07-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 8820985)

I don't think it's selfish that she isn't running out to get a cleaning job because she could be better off

not too many paid (non self-employed) positions allow someone to take off an unspecified time for holidays - max is generally around 3 weeks paid holidays per annum, and since she didn't know how long she'd be in there.... :shrug:

however, she could be unemployed and not claiming JSA and contributing to her NI contributions. thing is we don't know her situation, but I do know she wasn't robbed of her chance to win and Jason owes her diddly squat.

sampvt 15-07-2016 06:38 PM

I think you will find that anyone on a show must be paid for being shown on a tv programme and a personal performance / expenses contract negates any claims they may have if they chose to be awkward.

chuff me dizzy 15-07-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinp5 (Post 8820614)
I agree Rylan was too early with his shock.

I thought the same thing

chuff me dizzy 15-07-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8820757)
I would love her to explain to them 'personal trainer' as a 'cost of living ;)

Me too

Jan S 15-07-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8820994)

pretty much the same when appearing on jury service: you are paid travel expenses, can claim for loss of earnings, and there used to be a daily food allowance as well, but it's not classed as working.

Jack_ 15-07-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8821008)
No it really isn't....they aren't employees they don't work certain hours of each day because of course working 24 hours a day is illegal and the money they do receive is only to cover expenses its not a wage.

They agree to be filmed for the purposes of a television show, therefore technically speaking they are employees. If shows like these weren't jobs, then why are under 16's banned from appearing on spin-off shows like Xtra Factor? It's because there are laws regarding minors working on TV past a certain time and because they've already worked several hours already

-Sue- 15-07-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8820973)
Oh that's a shame for her, not my cup of tea but each to their own, I can see why she went on BB to promote herself, at least she is trying I guess to make a career for herself.

Hope you feel better soon x

:joker:

aww ty :) I sound a cross between Barry white and a smurf it's kind of scarey ;):joker: much like Teesh's 'zipper' incident scarey lol that will haunt her for years to come... lol

she will no longer be the woman from BB who argued over pancakes but the woman that flashed her arse to the world on telly whilst trying to be one of the cool kids ;)

Josy 15-07-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8821033)
They agree to be filmed for the purposes of a television show, therefore technically speaking they are employees. If shows like these weren't jobs, then why are under 16's banned from appearing on spin-off shows like Xtra Factor? It's because there are laws regarding minors working on TV past a certain time and because they've already worked several hours already

Jack I honestly don't really care which way you try to spin it tbh being a contestant on a gameshow isn't a job in any way at all in fact it's actually laughable that that's now an argument in defence of lateysha 's self entitled I'm skint comment 'omg she has a job it's bb' lol.

But yeah carry on with that.

Jan S 15-07-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8821037)
aww ty :) I sound a cross between Barry white and a smurf it's kind of scarey ;):joker: much like Teesh's 'zipper' incident scarey lol that will haunt her for years to come... lol

she will no longer be the woman from BB who argued over pancakes but the woman that flashed her arse to the world on telly whilst trying to be one of the cool kids ;)

hawt

:laugh:

Josy 15-07-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan S (Post 8821029)
pretty much the same when appearing on jury service: you are paid travel expenses, can claim for loss of earnings, and there used to be a daily food allowance as well, but it's not classed as working.

I'm worried for the future if people these days actually do believe being on a gameshow is employment tbh

-Sue- 15-07-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan S (Post 8821041)
hawt

:laugh:

LOL :joker:

sampvt 15-07-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8821021)
I thought the same thing

Look at the re run, not the video.

1. she was up too quick and her dim wit brain could not have processed that request that quickly.

2. She arched her back and adopted doggie position which isn't a twerking position, she did that to bust the dress.

3. Ryan was up too quick and he couldn't have seen what happened because he was in front of her.

4. If a zip busts, you need to tease and wriggle it to get it back up and even then it will go again when you sit down which it didn't.

5. Her zipper went from the bottom where it was partly open yet Rylan moved the zipper from the top but in an upward motion not downward.

I think it was set up with Velcro and everyone knew what to do in advance for maximum effect, anyway she farts so often there were no skid marks visible which you would expect to see on a skanks nickers. She had a thong made for a size 8 girl, which is just plain wrong for an arse that size.

Jan S 15-07-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8821046)
I'm worried for the future if people these days actually do believe being on a gameshow is employment tbh

indeed

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8821048)
LOL :joker:

there has to be some voiceover work for that white/smurf vibe... you should cash in on serendipity! :D

Jordan. 15-07-2016 06:51 PM

So she's paid to do BB and will get paid for the opportunities that will come off the back of the show, but she's still selfish because it's not a real job!!

Jack_ 15-07-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8821040)
Jack I honestly don't really care which way you try to spin it tbh being a contestant on a gameshow isn't a job in any way at all in fact it's actually laughable that that's now an argument in defence of lateysha 's self entitled I'm skint comment 'omg she has a job it's bb' lol.

How defensive :umm2: in case you hadn't noticed I've already said Lateysha isn't entitled to money just because she's a single mother, because Big Brother's a gameshow and not a charity, so please don't put words into my mouth. It has nothing to do with Lateysha, I don't really care for her. It's a separate point that participating on most television shows constitutes employment given the regulations that go with them, contracts that are signed and stipends that are paid. It's exactly the same on the X Factor as it is for Big Brother.

Your refusal to respond only signals that I'm right tbh

Josy 15-07-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8821064)
How defensive :umm2: in case you hadn't noticed I've already said Lateysha isn't entitled to money just because she's a single mother, because Big Brother's a gameshow and not a charity, so please don't put words into my mouth. It has nothing to do with Lateysha, I don't really care for her. It's a separate point that participating on most television shows constitutes employment given the regulations that go with them, contracts that are signed and stipends that are paid. It's exactly the same on the X Factor as it is for Big Brother.

Your refusal to respond only signals that I'm right tbh

No my refusal to respond is boredom. Regardless of how many paragraphs you want to type out to try prove your point s isn't going to make a difference because what you are saying is factually incorrect.

-Sue- 15-07-2016 06:57 PM

The thing I will always find hard to understand in regards to parents who go on tv or have an internet world surrounding how they make money and it not always clothed or morally nice. Is noone seems to understand that once it's out there on the net you can't take it back so Teesh's kid sadly years from now could find all these things her mum did as could her friends... :(

sampvt 15-07-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8821072)
The thing I will always find hard to understand in regards to parents who go on tv or have an internet world surrounding how they make money and it not always clothed or morally nice. Is noone seems to understand that once it's out there on the net you can't take it back so Teesh's kid sadly years from now could find all these things her mum did as could her friends... :(

school for her kids will be hard but will she care, not a chance

Jack_ 15-07-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8821069)
No my refusal to respond is boredom. Regardless of how many paragraphs you want to type out to try prove your point s isn't going to make a difference because what you are saying is factually incorrect.

Do you have any evidence to prove it's factually incorrect like I gave you, or are you simply sticking to your guns because you hate Lateysha? If anyone's guilty of trying desperately to criticise/defend a housemate here it's you

kirklancaster 15-07-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8821040)

:clap1::clap1::clap1:

Josy 15-07-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8821083)
Do you have any evidence to prove it's factually incorrect like I gave you, or are you simply sticking to your guns because you hate Lateysha? If anyone's guilty of trying desperately to criticise/defend a housemate here it's you

I don't hate lateysha hates far too strong a word tbh

And what evidence would I need apart from common sense?

Where is your evidence? How much tax do these bb housemates/employees pay from their wages? How many sick days are they allowed, what's the holiday entitlement (because you normally accumulate a day and a half or more per month as an employee so by my calculations the remaining hms are about due a day off) what is their job title?

I'm guessing there won't be any evidence of that because it simply is not a job.

Is it really just me that sees how ridiculous this straw clutching is...

Marsh. 15-07-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8819732)
I thought she said that in response to Jason saying you need to go back to your baby? Sexist pig..what about Dad in all this gets off scott free as per

Well if daddy has already gone it's a little bit selfish of her to also frig off to leave a newborn with Gran. :smug:

Kazanne 15-07-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8821113)
Well if daddy has already gone it's a little bit selfish of her to also frig off to leave a newborn with Gran. :smug:

:clap1::clap1::clap1:

kirklancaster 15-07-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8821083)

Jack, I am not that up on this subject (or really that bothered) but I will reproduce this from BBSpy:

Big Brother 2016 housemates aren’t being paid fees

Channel 5 has denied claims that certain Big Brother 2016 housemates are being paid fees for their participation.

Speculation has been rife that bosses have been forced to get its chequebook out since it was first suggested that the current ‘civilian’ series would feature ‘celebrity’ housemates.

The rumours resurfaced today amid claims about Marco Pierre White Junior’s involvement – but speaking to the Metro, a Big Brother spokesperson denied that any of this year’s housemates have negotiated specific fees to take part.

“Unlike Celebrity Big Brother, housemates are not paid to participate as they have a chance of winning £100,000,” the rep commented.

Although C5 may not have shelled out CBB-style fees, all Big Brother housemates are paid a nominal stipend to cover their day-to-day expenses (such as rent and bills) while they are on the show.

Today’s edition of the Mail On Sunday alleged that Marco Jnr’s place in the Big Brother house was ‘arranged’ for him by an executive producer who was friends with fiancée – but Channel 5 has vehemently denied the report.

In a statement issued to bbspy, the broadcaster said: “Marco’s fiancée isn’t ‘an ex-school chum’ of any of the Executive Producers, and we have no reason to believe that she knows any member of the team.”

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb17/news/061...#ixzz4EVRDrsMf