ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Dead by Daylight (Currently free on Playstation Plus) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344489)

LukeB 27-01-2019 07:14 PM

I've finally got round to playing all killers so i'm going to rank them

1.Pig
2.Michael Myers
3.Spirit
4.Hag
5.Trapper
6.Huntress
7.Clown
8.Wraith
9.Doctor
10.Hillbilly
11.Cannibal
12.Freddy Krueger
13.Legion
14.Nurse

Barry. 27-01-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10421333)
I've finally got round to playing all killers so i'm going to rank them

1.Pig
2.Michael Myers
3.Spirit
4.Hag
5.Trapper
6.Huntress
7.Clown
8.Wraith
9.Doctor
10.Hillbilly
11.Cannibal
12.Freddy Krueger
13.Legion
14.Nurse

I have never played a killer.

LukeB 27-01-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10421339)
I have never played a killer.

You should whenever you can, it's really fun. I'm starting to become a killer main because i enjoy killing everyone :fan:

Being a killer on this is better than being Jason.

Barry. 27-01-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10421342)
You should whenever you can, it's really fun. I'm starting to become a killer main because i enjoy killing everyone :fan:

Being a killer on this is better than being Jason.

is being the killer hard? It looks quite hard.

LukeB 27-01-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10421346)
is being the killer hard? It looks quite hard.

Depends on the killer really and your strategy but it is hard at first but when you get use to it you find it less hard.

Amy Jade 27-01-2019 07:46 PM

I let people go as killer I feel bad for the last survivor especially

Shaun 27-01-2019 07:53 PM

In terms of how much I enjoy playing as them...

1) Wraith
2) Spirit
3) Myers
4) Freddy
5) Pig
6) Trapper
7) Hag
8) Clown
9) Doctor
10) Legion
11) Huntress
12) Nurse
13) Cannibal
14) Hillbilly

I know the Hillbilly is objectively good, I just suck at using him and always seem to get the worst maps whenever I choose him.

As for survivors (this is heavily biased by how good the perks I've currently got for them are :p)
1) Dwight [prestiged him 3 times, now trying to unlock everything on him. love my nervous boi]
2) Kate
3) David
4) Adam
5) Feng
6) Nea
7) Tapp
8) Claudette
9) Jake
10) Jeff
11) Ace
12) Meg
13) Quentin
14) Laurie

JerseyWins 27-01-2019 08:38 PM

I literally play this game like the biggest noob. And I just always use Dwight but I didn't even know/realize you could level up the characters / unlock things.

I've tried as killer but MAN am I even worse at that. I somehow won once out of like 4 attempts but that's because I played like a lil bitch waiting for the survivors to die after I hanged them. :hehe:

LukeB 27-01-2019 08:39 PM

you camping bitch

JerseyWins 27-01-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10421481)
you camping bitch

Still won tho https://media.giphy.com/media/F9hQLAVhWnL56/200.gif

LukeB 27-01-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10421413)

1) Wraith
2) Spirit
3) Myers
4) Freddy
5) Pig
6) Trapper
7) Hag
8) Clown
9) Doctor
10) Legion
11) Huntress
12) Nurse
13) Cannibal
14) Hillbilly

I know the Hillbilly is objectively good, I just suck at using him and always seem to get the worst maps whenever I choose him.

As for survivors (this is heavily biased by how good the perks I've currently got for them are :p)
1) Dwight [prestiged him 3 times, now trying to unlock everything on him. love my nervous boi]
2) Kate
3) David
4) Adam
5) Nea
6) Tapp
7) Claudette
8) Jake
9) Jeff
10) Ace
11) Meg
12) Quentin
13) Laurie

I've just gotten the hang of hillbilly but i still don't enjoy him and where is queen Fang?

Tom4784 27-01-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10421413)

1) Wraith
2) Spirit
3) Myers
4) Freddy
5) Pig
6) Trapper
7) Hag
8) Clown
9) Doctor
10) Legion
11) Huntress
12) Nurse
13) Cannibal
14) Hillbilly

2) Kate
3) David
4) Adam
5) Nea
6) Tapp
7) Claudette
8) Jake
9) Jeff
10) Ace
11) Meg
12) Quentin
13) Laurie

Character development <3

Shaun 28-01-2019 05:30 AM

For some reason forgot both David and Feng even though they're probably top 5 for me (David bc shirtless, Feng bc she's invisible and tiny and has a trapper mask)

If I'm playing killer I fear the following survivors the most:
1) Nea - a stealthy and sneaky bitch who I tend to get juked by the most
2) Kate - impossible to catch, seems to be the fastest from what I've experienced. Loves a window or five.
3) Jake - tend to be troll players, leave my hooks alone :(
4) Claudette - obviously the hardest to find, and tend to be arseholes with flashlights. Bit cliche to hate her though.
5) Jeff - I have yet to encounter his weird Kiss makeup skin as a killer, but I know I'll bloody find it one day playing as the Pig, and crap my pants.

If I'm playing survivor, these tend to be the most bloody useless teammates
1) Laurie - THEY JUST SEEM TO RUN AROUND CRYING, and always careless with unhooks
2) Meg - practically turn into Usain Bolt to unhook you immediately
3) Adam - ok cool you can unhook yoursel- oh you've been downed again.
4) Claudette - can ANY of them do gens??? without failing checks????
5) Ace - killers seem to hate him the most, and fair enough he is obviously a paedophile, but yeah I guess I should be grateful that he takes all the flak whilst I can do other things

Ramsay 28-01-2019 05:00 PM

I'm Claudette main and i never miss a skill check tyvm
Myers is my favourite killer to play as, then Wraith and then hag.

Tom4784 29-01-2019 12:32 AM

I literally leave a lobby if I'm playing killer and a Jeff player pops up wearing his kiss outfit.

I've been jumpscared by that bastard too many times, when I'm playing Prayer Beads Spirit, I should be the one jumpscaring people, not the other way around! I legitimately squeeled once when I came out of a haunting once to see him right up against my screen.

LukeB 03-02-2019 10:11 PM

Has anyone been playing during the year of the pig event? I quite like it but i wished for more outfits :laugh: but i love Fengs outfit.. i just unlocked it..not sure if i'm getting Ace's

Tom4784 04-02-2019 02:44 AM

The event is horrible so I decided to be an opulent bitch and just buy Feng's outfit outright.

I will never buy cosmetics for Ace even if I had the event currency to do so. He is the only character I've never played and I never will. I hate him.

Shaun 04-02-2019 08:33 AM

I've so far earned 3 coins but it's a bloody horrible grind, and with the points going up each time I can't see myself earning more than 6 out of 9 before the event ends. Queues are far too long, even for a single-player survivor, and as a result I've found myself playing more as a Killer and hating it (because you get 2pts per hook, I think? Which is ridiculous when you need 400pts for a coin).

I always used to be wary of these Redditors that're frothing at the mouth over how annoying survivors can be, but after the game I played last night as the Wraith... I can fully understand it. All 4 had decisive strike, all of them had adrenaline, and some had Dead Hard, others had that pebble distraction one (which I am happy to report, I did not fall for once :love:). They all seemed to pluck firecrackers out of thin air, too, and kept trying to pallet me as I carried them to the hook. It could've been a total nightmare, and of course they all teabagged at the gates, but I managed to kill one and hook all the others once or twice :love: so earned a nice fat 60k anyway (with BBQ&Chili).

I haven't had any abusive messages as the Killer though. I've had quite a lot lately actually just being like "gg", "well played", "that was a close one!!!!" etc and it's still keeping me from playing as a nasty person. If someone disconnects (happens way too often) I'll often let some escape and farm for free... I had a game tonight as the Huntress (I needed to hatchet 4 people for a Daily Ritual, managed to do it in 2 games which is rare for me because I SUCK as the Huntress :laugh:) where a Nea d/ced as soon as I downed her for the first time (this was like 2 or 3 minutes in, not RIGHT at the start you mess) and I was running Huntress' Lullaby, so everyone kept failing skillchecks and this poor Ace got 2-hooked, so as soon as he got freed he ran straight into me... I kept hitting pallets to try and signal to him "it's fine, I don't want to kill you straight away lol that sucks" and even kept throwing hatchets to where the Hex Totem was, but he didn't get the hint :bawling: and kept running away and failing to heal himself. In the end it got annoying because the other 2 got through one gate and he kept trying to open the other right in front of me. I'm nice, but not that nice :oh:

Shaun 04-02-2019 08:40 AM

Also, something I've noticed:

- run Hex: Ruin, it gets destroyed straight away
- run Hex: Devour Hope, it gets destroyed as soon as you're on 2 tokens
- run Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, it never gets destroyed
- run Hex: Huntress Lullaby, it never gets destroyed :love:

I still need to unlock the Third Seal now that it's really useful, I kept skipping past it when unlocking Ruin/Devour Hope the hard way. I've almost got all killers' perks by leveling them all up to 40, but there're some that I just refuse to unlock for survivor or killer...

1) Sole Survivor - don't really want to play a game where the Killer can see you 50% of the time, thanks
2) No Mither - don't really want to be permanently crippled, thanks
3) Territorial Imperative - don't really need to know when someone's entered the basement, thanks (tried it once, was naturally the opposite end of the map when it happened)
4) Autodidact - how is this Adam's highest-level perk? It's just a maths headache and not worth it.

I originally skipped over Surveillance too but they've made that incredibly useful, now. And of course there's a whole ton of useless perks that're free in the game (Monstrous Shrine, This Is Not Happening, etc.)

Ramsay 04-02-2019 02:10 PM

No Mither was a prick for the David trophy but I got there eventually

Tom4784 04-02-2019 02:21 PM

Playing Killer is a frustrating experience, I used to love playing as the killer but now I only really love playing as the Spirit. Playing Survivor is just less frustrating.

Tom4784 05-02-2019 12:59 PM

I got Spirit to prestige 3 yesterday :love:

I usually avoid prestiging since I hate stating from the beginning but the Spirit's my fave so I decided to get the entire bloody outfit.

Shaun 06-02-2019 03:35 PM

I know none of y'all wanna spend 23 minutes watching a clip of me playing (when I don't even use chat or anything) but this is, hands down, the most immersed game I've ever played and had pretty much everything :joker: I was physically tensed up, starting to get stomach pains

(I couldn't clip the whole game because PS4 share only captures the last 30 minutes (I thought I changed the settings but oops) so this is like... 3 gens done, 1 person dead, into the game, so the match probably lasted around 35 minutes? :laugh:)

Barry. 06-02-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10433162)
I know none of y'all wanna spend 23 minutes watching a clip of me playing (when I don't even use chat or anything) but this is, hands down, the most immersed game I've ever played and had pretty much everything :joker: I was physically tensed up, starting to get stomach pains

(I couldn't clip the whole game because PS4 share only captures the last 30 minutes (I thought I changed the settings but oops) so this is like... 3 gens done, 1 person dead, into the game, so the match probably lasted around 35 minutes? :laugh:)

Good game Shaun. You are good at running the killer around, I cant do that so good.

LukeB 14-02-2019 03:57 PM

Shaun 14-02-2019 07:02 PM

Another console for them to neglect problems on :love:

SherzyK 14-02-2019 07:09 PM

Are the killers already in the game when you download or are they DLC? I’m contemplating buying the game so maybe we can play :laugh:

Shaun 14-02-2019 07:11 PM

These killers are free with the game:
- Trapper
- Wraith
- Hillbilly
- Nurse
- Hag
- Doctor

You can also download a free DLC containing the Huntress. Every other killer is one you have to purchase.

Barry. 14-02-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10444766)
Are the killers already in the game when you download or are they DLC? I’m contemplating buying the game so maybe we can play :laugh:

Wedon'twantyou.com

LukeB 14-02-2019 07:13 PM

:laugh: @ shaun's comment

I'm not sure if i will get it on the switch even though my friend is hoping i will but i cba to get the dlcs all over again and it's coming out in autumn so we should have 2 or 3 new chapters by then since they bring them out every 3 months (new killer next month :dance:) and leveling them all up will be a mission.

SherzyK 14-02-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10444772)
Wedon'twantyou.com

Too bad, already downloading as we speak :smug:

Ramsay 14-02-2019 07:51 PM

Also worth pointing out that you can unlock the non licensed killers/survivors dlc if you save enough shards as you level up

LukeB 14-02-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsay (Post 10444824)
Also worth pointing out that you can unlock the non licensed killers/survivors dlc if you save enough shards as you level up

Isn't that for only Clown,The Spirit and Legion :suspect: It wouldn't show up for Leatherface just takes me to the store.

Ramsay 14-02-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10444827)
Isn't that for only Clown,The Spirit and Legion :suspect: It wouldn't show up for Leatherface just takes me to the store.

Yeah, non licensed haha. Myers, LF and Freddie cost sweet €€€

Edit: oh and Pig

Barry. 14-02-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10444776)
Too bad, already downloading as we speak :smug:

You can play with me, Luke and Jersey then.

SherzyK 14-02-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10445020)
You can play with me, Luke and Jersey then.

Should be fun :clap1:

I’ll be on Friday night hopefully

SherzyK 19-02-2019 01:42 PM

I love this game.

Shaun 19-02-2019 02:08 PM

Update the title dean you dyke :oh: it hasn't been free since August

Shaun 21-02-2019 08:27 PM

They're changing Decisive Strike to be only used after the survivor has already been hooked once (or twice, I guess).

Stun duration reduced by a second too. Just need to change NOED to only affect the first-struck survivor and this community can stop whining about perks :laugh:

Amy Jade 21-02-2019 09:32 PM

That DS change is pretty bad imo, sometimes I can juke all game (especially nurses) or not get spotted at all and if I have DS I will put myself at risk a bit more for others, such as returning from an open gate to help someone because DS will help me out.

It'll just make people more selfish imo which will be disastrous in public lobbies