ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Lewis: let’s talk about politics! homeless people! Suicide! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350423)

poppsywoppsy 23-10-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306149)
..I kind of think we’re complete opposites in that specific vein, Poppsy...I’m fine talking about make up if that’s what a particular interest is...I’m fine being enlightened about gay sexual acts but wouldn’t have much input myself, being heterosexual...Hussain and Lewis ..?...they were both very much playing ‘parts’ but I would be interested in their reality and not their part playing...being a parent is much about routines so there would be lots of routine stuff which would be fun to discuss with Zoe...

...I think it’s an agree to disagree thing...:love:..

I wasn't referring to you or I in referring to the housemates but as to why Lewis cannot get into deep conversations with these people.

Jules82 23-10-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10306093)
Yeah great post. And actually he's missing out. Sian claims herself not to be deep but she's come out with some very wise thoughts, I think she puts herself down unnecessarily or wrongly

Sad really as neither of them for some reason, have made the effort to get to know one another. I dont think she puts herself down though but I have never seen them have a conversation. Most of the other girls have been in his company, Brooke and Zoe especially but both have been negative as well to him. When it is all over they may get to know one another better and the public wont be looking in to criticise any of their actions. Good luck to them all.

Ammi 23-10-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy (Post 10306191)
I wasn't referring to you or I in referring to the housemates but as to why Lewis cannot get into deep conversations with these people.

...but why he can’t get into deeper conversations with them imo...is because he’s judged them by surface stuff...

Jules82 23-10-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10306148)
I do think that Lewis will learn a lot from this and probably change in many ways if he goes back and watches through the series, to be fair. I think getting an outside perspective on himself will be quite eye-opening and I doubt he'll like everything that he sees. Which is true of everyone who goes onto a show like this, I guess, but Lewis specifically has shown a lot of interest in "bettering himself" (meditation, yoga etc.) so will hopefully be paying attention.

On the other hand, he's quite likely to win which might put a dampener on that as it will be very affirming.

I am always interested in anyone who studies yoga and especially meditation, there are such great heights to be obtained but it is hard when one comes back to reality. The task of learning to keep a foot in each level of thought, is hard and reality is brutal but we live in a confused world and we have to accept it and learn how to control our own thoughts and tasks.

If he wins and doesnt spend it wisely he will learn something from that I have no doubt, who knows what he would spend the money on? What will any of them do? He hasnt put forward a sob story other than his self destruction but naturally this applies to all of them. Most will be forgotten and we will be onto our next series. Mmmmm but will we? Take care now.

Jules82 23-10-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306201)
...but why he can’t get into deeper conversations with them imo...is because he’s judged them by surface stuff...

Aggrevatingly enough I wrote an answer and then it was erased. The gist of my comments is this, they have each judged him in return. He has been the subject of many conversations, most negatively. He has been their scapegoat along with Akeem. We do not know what conversations have been going on behind the scenes, we are only shown negatively as the producers think this is what the public want. None have possibly made the time to chat but those who have are not necessarily interested in any way, as said by some who have left.

Tomasz made sure that Hussain knew that the house was against him, he loaded his gun and then sat back and watched the fall out.....so much but as said we only see a little and everything can be taken out of context with the edits. With off hour viewing it was easy to see that sometimes the edits are taken out of context. We do not get live feed now though, sad really.

jaxie 23-10-2018 11:42 AM

I don't care what they talk about as long as it isn't too boring to watch but I think trying censor others conversations is wrong. Tomasz does overdo the sex talk but that is who he is.

Once again Lewis is trying to dictate but without making any effort to make those conversation, probably because he is the most shallow of all.

poppsywoppsy 23-10-2018 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=Ammi;10306201]...but why he can’t get into deeper conversations with them imo...is because he’s judged them by surface stuff...[/QUOTE

I think because he has been nominated so many times, he feels alienated from and towards the other housemates.

Add this to their other choices of topics, by night after night in the smoking area perhaps Lewis feels there wasn't much in common to talk to them about.

He has had a rough ride from Day 1 with Lewis G and others on his case, so he has retreated to places where he feels most comfortable. Delving deeply into details about people he doesn't care about isn't one of them.

He seems IMO to need stimulating and educational conversations about subjects which are never addressed in the house, who is to say when he actually gets one how he might be, happier? Not so frustrated?

He does respond to people who do have a modicum of seriousness, Brooke when she forgets about make up or being graphic about her ladyparts can be quite interesting. Cameron, when he is not moaning and Isabella who is intelligent when she was not flinging herself at him.

Ammi 23-10-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules82 (Post 10306222)
Aggrevatingly enough I wrote an answer and then it was erased. The gist of my comments is this, they have each judged him in return. He has been the subject of many conversations, most negatively. He has been their scapegoat along with Akeem. We do not know what conversations have been going on behind the scenes, we are only shown negatively as the producers think this is what the public want. None have possibly made the time to chat but those who have are not necessarily interested in any way, as said by some who have left.

Tomasz made sure that Hussain knew that the house was against him, he loaded his gun and then sat back and watched the fall out.....so much but as said we only see a little and everything can be taken out of context with the edits. With off hour viewing it was easy to see that sometimes the edits are taken out of context. We do not get live feed now though, sad really.

..yeah I agree, the absence of livefeed has completely changed all true perceptive we can have and made it all edited only..the villains and heroes are all created for us and all manipulated for us...and yeah, I do see that he has been judged as well on him being too deep, too serious etc...so most are happy for him to distance himself and cut himself off from things he doesn’t care to get involved in...but I guess that others haven’t set themselves up in a more ‘superior’ way as Lewis has seemed to..they haven’t seemed to see ‘deeper conversations’ in terms of superiority in any way must because that’s not where their conversations have led...I do think though that when he was explaining the suggestion..?..it didn’t give off that air of superiority or deeper than vibe...so I do feel that the experience in the house is maybe expanding his tolerance and acceptance levels a bit...

Ammi 23-10-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy (Post 10306249)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306201)

I think because he has been nominated so many times, he feels alienated from and towards the other housemates.

Add this to their other choices of topics, by night after night in the smoking area perhaps Lewis feels there wasn't much in common to talk to them about.

He has had a rough ride from Day 1 with Lewis G and others on his case, so he has retreated to places where he feels most comfortable. Delving deeply into details about people he doesn't care about isn't one of them.

He seems IMO to need stimulating and educational conversations about subjects which are never addressed in the house, who is to say when he actually gets one how he might be, happier? Not so frustrated?

He does respond to people who do have a modicum of seriousness, Brooke when she forgets about make up or being graphic about her ladyparts can be quite interesting. Cameron, when he is not moaning and Isabella who is intelligent when she was not flinging herself at him.

..it might be though that chat may have been deeper with the absence of Lewis’ personality and impact on the house in general..that housemates have been drawn more to positivity ..(...and lighter stuff..)...because of his more extreme negative personality...like a natural counterbalance thing....

Ammi 23-10-2018 11:54 AM

...ughhhhh I hate when the quotes get all messed up...so confusing..:laugh:..

Niamh. 23-10-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306261)
...ughhhhh I hate when the quotes get all messed up...so confusing..:laugh:..

fixed :love:

Ammi 23-10-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10306262)
fixed :love:

..:lovedup:..I love me an amazing and speedy mod..:flutter:..

poppsywoppsy 23-10-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306259)
..it might be though that chat may have been deeper with the absence of Lewis’ personality and impact on the house in general..that housemates have been drawn more to positivity ..(...and lighter stuff..)...because of his more extreme negative personality...like a natural counterbalance thing....

I think you might be clutching at straws there

The level of general knowledge puts paid to that

Lewis is rarely seen with them in the garden when Thomasz is holding court. If Thomasz wanted to, he could have an interesting conversation as he once started to but then it descends once again to his innuendos when a man sits down near him. Not all men would want this.

I doubt there is an interesting conversation about the state of World or Home affairs that interest them, if it doesn't come from reality TV shows.

Cherie 23-10-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxie (Post 10306235)
I don't care what they talk about as long as it isn't too boring to watch but I think trying censor others conversations is wrong. Tomasz does overdo the sex talk but that is who he is.

Once again Lewis is trying to dictate but without making any effort to make those conversation, probably because he is the most shallow of all.

:love:

Liam- 23-10-2018 12:07 PM

We love a socially conscious icon

Ammi 23-10-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy (Post 10306290)
I think you might be clutching at straws there

The level of general knowledge puts paid to that

Lewis is rarely seen with them in the garden when Thomasz is holding court. If Thomasz wanted to, he could have an interesting conversation as he once started to but then it descends once again to his innuendos when a man sits down near him. Not all men would want this.

I doubt there is an interesting conversation about the state of World or Home affairs that interest them, if it doesn't come from reality TV shows.

..not so much clutching straws, Poppsy...but more exploring possibilities..:laugh:...Lewis tends to wholly focus on the negatives which he can’t connect with ..rather than ignoring them and trying to refocus elsewhere...to conversations which would interest him...all of the other stuff doesn’t have to detract from that, he’s just allowed it to...

Ammi 23-10-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10306297)
We love a socially conscious icon

..:laugh:..that’ll be Sian then..:love:..

Liam- 23-10-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306306)

Not with all the fags she smokes :nono:

poppsywoppsy 23-10-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306306)

Yes, she fulfills the tobacco and alcohol lobby for the lack of personality party 2018

Ammi 23-10-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10306313)
Not with all the fags she smokes :nono:

...yeah we probably need to try get her on the vape as soon as possible for the first step, I reckon...

Ammi 23-10-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy (Post 10306315)
Yes, she fulfills the tobacco and alcohol lobby for the lack of personality party 2018

..I love her personality..:love:.smoking and enjoying some alcohol is what she does not what she is...

Liam- 23-10-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306325)
...yeah we probably need to try get her on the vape as soon as possible for the first step, I reckon...

She can keep her cider, just give up the cancer sticks!

Ammi 23-10-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10306337)
She can keep her cider, just give up the cancer sticks!

..now that would have been the story arc of a journey had she given up smoking during her time in BB...we’ve never seen that during any BB I don’t think...

Liam- 23-10-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10306341)
..now that would have been the story arc of a journey had she given up smoking during her time in BB...we’ve never seen that during any BB I don’t think...

She missed a major trick, her lungs getting pinker could have won her 100k, silly girl

Ammi 23-10-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10306344)
She missed a major trick, her lungs getting pinker could have won her 100k, silly girl

.. nasty Lewis making her chain smoke her way through it for survival ...(..I’m joking..:laugh:..)...