ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Trump hates Parasite because he is a racist (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365247)

Marsh. 21-02-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10784551)
I've not seen many Afghanistan or swedish acrobats pinging about all ninja like on bgt, have you ?
The majority for me have been Japanese which is why that was the first nation that came to mind.

Thankfully I'm not famous, cause your reaction could have me doubting myself enough that I want to die.

And now mocking a woman's suicide.

Stay classy, Parm. :thumbs:

Glenn. 21-02-2020 09:18 PM

I’ve had enough of that hideous monster now.

Alf 21-02-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10784474)
The Oscars are open to all films, it is not designed for american films only.
Trump is a racist, confirmed yet again.

They have a best international film/foriegn language film catagory.

This was pure submission to the bullies, who bully them by constantly getting on their case about diversity and inclusion rubbish.

Elliot 21-02-2020 09:27 PM

Parasite was an amazing film that deserves all the accolades and love it got

Twosugars 21-02-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10784484)
It was the royal us..I don't watch these sorts of programmes for that very reason though..

Bloody Japanese acrobats pinging about all ninja like when we could have had a group of oaps from a care home singing xmas carols....no thank you. ...this is Britains got talent..

Not comers and goers.

Why have a go at foreign contestants and not british judges who set the rules?
Contestants only enter bc they're allowed to. Why not direct your complaint at those who set the rules?

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10784487)
No he ain't. .even thought hats true what you said about open to all films...it's just his opinion that they are an American awards ceremony so they should be for American made films.

Come off it. Trump wasn't born yesterday. Everybody knows foreign films always compete.
Foreign directors win for foreign films, foreign actors win for foreign films.
It was a racist dog whistle to please his audience.
Ironic for a country of immigrants. His bloody father came from germany not so long ago.
Disgusting

Twosugars 21-02-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10784571)

This was pure submission to the bullies, who bully them by constantly getting on their case about diversity and inclusion rubbish.

And they've always had rules to let films, actors, directors compete in other categories.

The film was strong enough to be submitted, simple.
Nothing to do with any agenda.
The only one with an agenda is trump or drumpf as his name used to be before his family emigrated to america

Btw farage, another racist, hails from france :laugh:

Marsh. 21-02-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10784571)

Best Picture is about the best film in the industry, it has never been the Best American Movie. A French movie won Best Picture in 2011.

Alf 21-02-2020 09:45 PM

It means nothing anyway, the best film rarely wins this award. And this year was no different, I don't even have to watch it to know Joker is better. And I decide what's best in my house.

parmnion 21-02-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10784581)
Best Picture is about the best film in the industry, it has never been the Best American Movie. A French movie won Best Picture in 2011.

A bit like crufts then..That's a waste of time and money as well.

Twosugars 21-02-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10784593)
It means nothing anyway, the best film rarely wins this award. And this year was no different, I don't even have to watch it to know Joker is better. And I decide what's best in my house.

That's not the point and you know it.
Nobody forces you or drumpf to like Parasite.
But pretending Oscar's are for american only films or parasite won bc of some diversity agenda is not true.
The film has enough fans in the industry who call it a masterpiece to win based on merits.

parmnion 21-02-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10784556)
And now mocking a woman's suicide.

Stay classy, Parm. :thumbs:

Only.mocking in your head cause you think it's banter..Im ****ing serious and I'm not mocking nowt.

parmnion 21-02-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10784574)
Why have a go at foreign contestants and not british judges who set the rules?
Contestants only enter bc they're allowed to. Why not direct your complaint at those who set the rules?

Silly question..like I'm hm gonna phone Simon Cowell about the matter at hand. .get real eh..

Come off it. Trump wasn't born yesterday. Everybody knows foreign films always compete.
Foreign directors win for foreign films, foreign actors win for foreign films.
It was a racist dog whistle to please his audience.
Ironic for a country of immigrants. His bloody father came from germany not so long ago.
Disgusting

You call him stupid thick, etc etc..but now to bolster your ridiculous point he suddenly turns into super brain
:shrug:

Marsh. 21-02-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10784610)
Only.mocking in your head cause you think it's banter..Im ****ing serious and I'm not mocking nowt.

I don't think mocking a woman's suicide is banter in the slightest.

parmnion 21-02-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10784615)
I don't think mocking a woman's suicide is banter in the slightest.

And neither do I. ...

So point out where I'm mocking a womans suicide.when all I'm doing is highlighting the causes of her suicide.which has also been the discussion on tv radio and online ever since.

So again. .show me the mocking to back up your pathetic dig.

Marsh. 21-02-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10784622)
So point out where I'm mocking a womans suicide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10784551)
Thankfully I'm not famous, cause your reaction could have me doubting myself enough that I want to die.

Stay classy Parm and have a lovely evening.

parmnion 21-02-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10784623)
Stay classy Parm and have a lovely evening.

Can I still rely on your vote in strictly tibb.?

jet 21-02-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

“How bad were the Academy Awards this year?” Trump asked a rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The crowd responded with loud boos.

“The winner is a movie from South Korea, what the hell was that all about?” Trump asked. “We got enough problems with South Korea with trade and on top of it, they give them the best movie of the year.”

“Was it good? I don’t know. I’m looking for, like – can we get like Gone With The Wind back, please?” Trump said, to loud cheers.
Much ado about nothing. I don't like the man, but this sounds like his sense of humour and playing to the crowd, nothing more imo.

Twosugars 21-02-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 10784633)
Much ado about nothing. I don't like the man, but this sounds like his sense of humour and playing to the crowd, nothing more imo.

You mean the crowd finds his racist rants agreeable
Sure, nothing to worry about :umm2:
Let's start worrying when they kill foreigners and then wonder where that came from :facepalm:

Appeasement of racism and xenophobia... if only we had some lessons in history where that leads to... :think:
Oh I know, our grandfathers died fighting fascism so that now it can be reborn, jfc

Marsh. 22-02-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 10784633)
this sounds like his sense of humour and playing to the crowd, nothing more imo.

Yep, it's both. His sense of humour and playing to the crowd.

That doesn't make it not racist though.

jet 22-02-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10784635)
You mean the crowd finds his racist rants agreeable
Sure, nothing to worry about :umm2:
Let's start worrying when they kill foreigners and then wonder where that came from :facepalm:

Appeasement of racism and xenophobia... if only we had some lessons in history where that leads to... :think:
Oh I know, our grandfathers died fighting fascism so that now it can be reborn, jfc

Nope, its a Trump rally so presumably they 'get' his sense of humour (with all his many faults he does have one) and he plays to that. I dislike the man, especially when he disgracefully mocked a disabled person and encouraged violence at his earlier rallies, but I don't read 'racism' into every utterance of his that involves non - whites.

Marsh. 22-02-2020 01:13 AM

Yes, because the problem isn't racism but the people pointing racism out.

Tom4784 22-02-2020 01:35 AM

Saying that a film shouldn't have won because that film is South Korean is pretty ****ing racist.

bitontheslide 22-02-2020 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10784653)
Saying that a film shouldn't have won because that film is South Korean is pretty ****ing racist.

that just not true. As an American president he will be expected to champion all things American. The Oscars is an American award ceremony and so he will be championing American winners,. It's not racist in the least.

It really angers me when people make these blatantly false claims, because it trivialises the occasions when he is being racist. It gives people the excuse/opportunity to support Trump.

Those opposing Trump still haven't realised that doing this type of stuff, and they do it a lot, is actually giving him more supporters ... people never learn

Mystic Mock 22-02-2020 04:49 AM

I've not seen Parasite so I can't judge it's quality.

But Trump complaining about it's win just because it's South Korean just tells you why he shouldn't be in charge of anything, let alone be President of the most powerful country in the west.

The guy is too childish for my liking, fair enough if he had've at least watched the Film and he didn't like it, but it's clear what his agenda is here.

arista 22-02-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10784650)
Yes, because the problem isn't racism but the people pointing racism out.

Yes Left Wingers