ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=696)
-   -   Lateysha "Im skint and a single Mum" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305269)

kirklancaster 15-07-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8821104)
I don't hate lateysha hates far too strong a word tbh

And what evidence would I need apart from common sense?

Where is your evidence? How much tax do these bb housemates/employees pay from their wages? How many sick days are they allowed, what's the holiday entitlement (because you normally accumulate a day and a half or more per month as an employee so by my calculations the remaining hms are about due a day off) what is their job title?

I'm guessing there won't be any evidence of that because it simply is not a job.

Is it really just me that sees how ridiculous this straw clutching is...

All I know, is that if it is a job, with just expenses being paid it is a really stupid choice of 'employment'.

To me, BB is a gamble - not employment as I have learnt to recognise the word.

Does being 'employed' by BB then, mean that a HM who has been evicted a la Chelsea, can take BB to a Tribunal for 'Wrongful Dismissal'?

chuff me dizzy 15-07-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 8821040)
Jack I honestly don't really care which way you try to spin it tbh being a contestant on a gameshow isn't a job in any way at all in fact it's actually laughable that that's now an argument in defence of lateysha 's self entitled I'm skint comment 'omg she has a job it's bb' lol.

But yeah carry on with that.

For her it was an holiday ,its not classed as work

chuff me dizzy 15-07-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8821113)
Well if daddy has already gone it's a little bit selfish of her to also frig off to leave a newborn with Gran. :smug:

:clap1:

Greg! 15-07-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 8821120)
Jack, I am not that up on this subject (or really that bothered) but I will reproduce this from BBSpy:

Big Brother 2016 housemates aren’t being paid fees

Channel 5 has denied claims that certain Big Brother 2016 housemates are being paid fees for their participation.

Speculation has been rife that bosses have been forced to get its chequebook out since it was first suggested that the current ‘civilian’ series would feature ‘celebrity’ housemates.

The rumours resurfaced today amid claims about Marco Pierre White Junior’s involvement – but speaking to the Metro, a Big Brother spokesperson denied that any of this year’s housemates have negotiated specific fees to take part.

“Unlike Celebrity Big Brother, housemates are not paid to participate as they have a chance of winning £100,000,” the rep commented.

Although C5 may not have shelled out CBB-style fees, all Big Brother housemates are paid a nominal stipend to cover their day-to-day expenses (such as rent and bills) while they are on the show.

Today’s edition of the Mail On Sunday alleged that Marco Jnr’s place in the Big Brother house was ‘arranged’ for him by an executive producer who was friends with fiancée – but Channel 5 has vehemently denied the report.

In a statement issued to bbspy, the broadcaster said: “Marco’s fiancée isn’t ‘an ex-school chum’ of any of the Executive Producers, and we have no reason to believe that she knows any member of the team.”

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb17/news/061...#ixzz4EVRDrsMf

That post says they're paid money to cover their rents and day to day costs.

kirklancaster 15-07-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 8821158)

Yeah Greg, I know - I emboldened it. :hee:

Jan S 15-07-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 8821158)

which does not constitute a wage packet or being on a company's payroll as staff.

Greg! 15-07-2016 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 8821164)
Yeah Greg, I know - I emboldened it. :hee:

Oh lmao

kirklancaster 15-07-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 8821175)
Oh lmao

:laugh::wavey:

Cherie 15-07-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8821113)
Well if daddy has already gone it's a little bit selfish of her to also frig off to leave a newborn with Gran. :smug:

Hardly newborn the kids practically walking :joker: newborn is 0 to 4 weeks :hee: I expect like most grans she is delighted, still doesn't excuse Dad but it's okay for him to sling his hook apparently

sampvt 15-07-2016 11:32 PM

so where does this leave me. I played golf for my money, did I not have a job

Cherie 15-07-2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 8823432)

I don't think so Sam, get yourself down the job centre now :nono:

sampvt 15-07-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8823437)
I don't think so Sam, get yourself down the job centre now :nono:

one place I would never set foot in, ever.

Josy 16-07-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyfox (Post 8823336)
That applies to all freelancers and entrepreneurs. They are not employees either. Just because you are your own boss and negotiate your own hours doesn't mean you don't work.

Sure. Although BB Contestants aren't either of those and they certainly don't negotiate their own hours :shrugs:

-Sue- 25-07-2016 01:07 PM

sorry for bringing this old chestnut up again.. but seriously looking back her rant about being a 'single mum & skint' then her rant at Jason as she left the building faster than Elvis.. (LOL @ that again by the way :hehe:) then suddenly re-appears on BB new hair do back on BB for court task...

same foul mouthed troll she always was...still all about her 'me me me' being a mum isn't about YOU love it's about the needs of your daughter! Most REALLY SKINT single mums/dads tend to spend every penny they have on their children...:nono:

so much for her spending the money ON her daughter! how nice of her to spend it on herself and a make-over.. so much for being skint eh..just more proof that she STILL talks out of her arse :hehe:

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/sitebu...44-179x314.jpg

chuff me dizzy 25-07-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8849113)
sorry for bringing this old chestnut up again.. but seriously looking back her rant about being a 'single mum & skint' then her rant at Jason as she left the building faster than Elvis.. (LOL @ that again by the way :hehe:) then suddenly re-appears on BB new hair do back on BB for court task...

same foul mouthed troll she always was...still all about her 'me me me' being a mum isn't about YOU love it's about the needs of your daughter! Most REALLY SKINT single mums/dads tend to spend every penny they have on their children...:nono:

so much for her spending the money ON her daughter! how nice of her to spend it on herself and a make-over.. so much for being skint eh..just more proof that she STILL talks out of her arse :hehe:

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/sitebu...44-179x314.jpg

:clap1: Did you see the state of the wig she had on ? it was that cheap it didn't even move when she moved her head :shocked: 100% plastic ..cheap and nasty just like her

parmnion 25-07-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 8823432)

Did you ever become British boys champion?

-Sue- 25-07-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8849122)
:clap1: Did you see the state of the wig she had on ? it was that cheap it didn't even move when she moved her head :shocked: 100% plastic ..cheap and nasty just like her

Lol yep that about sums her up nicely :D :joker:

chuff me dizzy 25-07-2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sue- (Post 8849130)
Lol yep that about sums her up nicely :D :joker:

I have a mop in my utility room that looks better and cost more

hot2go 25-07-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8849131)
I have a mop in my utility room that looks better and cost more

It probably cleans up properly too

chuff me dizzy 25-07-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot2go (Post 8849141)
It probably cleans up properly too

It useful and WORKS

Pete. 25-07-2016 01:22 PM

Lateysha is a viral star and has the most notoriety out of all the HMs since Nikki Grahame

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m55lcejJPM1qcxeix.gif

Lush 25-07-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete. (Post 8849148)
Lateysha is a viral star and has the most notoriety out of all the HMs since Nikki Grahame

Basically.

It says it all when Jason's only 'memorable' moments invole Lateysha or Charlie.

-Sue- 25-07-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete. (Post 8849148)

Sorry but I would NOT consider someone that goes on TV trying to have a 'shag' (the valleys) or getting clothes off for money as being a 'star'

Wrong kind of attention if you ask me... :shrug:

once an image / video is on the internet it's almost impossible to get them removed...

belle777 26-07-2016 12:29 AM

she said to Andy when she returned to the house on Sunday that she didn't understand the meaning of the word "subjective" what is the likelihood she misunderstood most of what Andy ever said before?
in which case it is clearly a case of prejudice against Andy. it seems to be a problem in the house. Attacking Andy for no apparent reason. what people in general are refusing to accept in the house and in the real world is : that everyone sells themselves on some level. so being accused of playing the game equates to that . also the game originally meant to : exploit human emotions and situations. it is evolved over the years because people are unable to cope in the house with possible alienation by their peers. i am looking forward to a time when the players going to get some gumption and return to the original spirit of the game. it is a game and a social experiment. get over it or get out.

chuff me dizzy 26-07-2016 07:49 AM

Nuts magazine is hardly the big time :joker: