ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   would you like to see serious debates axed (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336651)

kirklancaster 07-04-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 9947571)
Aw thanks you guys!
https://31.media.tumblr.com/fba110fa...gbzbo6_500.gif

:joker: ... Maybe we are the forum mafia, you feck with one of us you feck with all of us!

:joker: Maybe we really ARE underneath it all.

kirklancaster 07-04-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9947585)
knitting club

fck with one

fck with ALL

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...92/072/076.png

:joker: If you are IN the club does that make you the Knit-Wit L.T.? :hee:

Cherie 07-04-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 9948169)
:joker: If you are IN the club does that make you the Knit-Wit L.T.? :hee:

:laugh: an SD rebrand

The Knit wits ?

Brillopad 07-04-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 9947394)
Sorry to disappoint but posting on this forum isn't my be all and end all like it seems to be for you. Probably why I can laugh it off when a mod deletes my posts instead of throwing tantrums and starting witch hunts.

Says someone who knows NOTHING of what went on. It would help to know what happened to cause such issues before making ill-informed comments. :rolleyes:

Brillopad 07-04-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 9947384)
Simply ,Why would it bother some people who don'treally use it so much they want it axed ? as Cherie said the chat threads have been the cause of bother etc lots of times,,but some of us don't go in there as it doesn't interest us and serious debates would be ok if people could take a differing opinion and be civil in their responses,even when it gets heated most adults can sort it out, I think some people just love the drama and keep trying to wind people up.

Exactly! :thumbs:

Maru 08-04-2018 05:06 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tk0F...OsWQ/giphy.gif

Mystic Mock 08-04-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9947408)
Lol

Can you imagine going into the music forum to say that the latest lady Gaga song is crap

"wait when did you hear it?"

me: "I havent but dont shut down my opinion"

er

no

The people that are complaining about SD I'm assuming have read some of the posts on there and are not liking how toxic it can get on that section of the Forum.

I wouldn't want SD axed personally, I agree with Michael21 that we should be adding more sections to the Forum, not losing them. But I have noticed recently that a SD thread can't happen without personal insults being flung at each other very often.

LeatherTrumpet 08-04-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 9949260)
The people that are complaining about SD I'm assuming have read some of the posts on there and are not liking how toxic it can get on that section of the Forum.

I wouldn't want SD axed personally, I agree with Michael21 that we should be adding more sections to the Forum, not losing them. But I have noticed recently that a SD thread can't happen without personal insults being flung at each other very often.

there are very few personal insults by members, if any are made they are quickly reported and infractions handed out

Mystic Mock 08-04-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9949261)
there are very few personal insults by members, if any are made they are quickly reported and infractions handed out

Which I think is sad though as the Forum is struggling for activity at the moment, and we're seeing good members who contribute alot to the Forum getting themselves into trouble when all that needs to be done is be reasonably civil about each other's opinions.

kirklancaster 08-04-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9948246)
:laugh: an SD rebrand

The Knit wits ?

:joker:

kirklancaster 08-04-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maru (Post 9949250)

:joker:

Ammi 08-04-2018 07:37 AM

...Serious Debates, Procrastiknitting and News Stories...

LeatherTrumpet 08-04-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 9949263)
Which I think is sad though as the Forum is struggling for activity at the moment, and we're seeing good members who contribute alot to the Forum getting themselves into trouble when all that needs to be done is be reasonably civil about each other's opinions.

yes but Mock what you and many on here dont understand is that a lot of infractions are for "baiting" or "trolling" or other generic and non specific things

what is baiting, what is trolling? - half the infractions i get are for me being ironic or perhaps playing devils advocate and frankly you need a bit of that in a debate where a lot of people take themselves a little too seriously

its an opinion and often it is felt that this type of infraction is used nefariously. ie you are in a debate with a mod and say you infuriate them by perhaps exposing a lack of evidence in their argument or maybe just by having a difference of opinion and then hey presto you get a ban/infraction for a non specific thing and you are like :suspicious:

Also if you make a lot of threads I think you get penialised when actually you should be rewarded. In SD if you make a thread about say a rape, abortion or death penalty using a news story you will, on page one, be attacked and in some ways will be held accountable for the article when you did not write or research it. as the OP people who say have strong feelings about the subject latch onto you as the OP and vent at you and thus one can get defensive and you open yourself up to being reported - also just by opening lots of threads you open yourself up, by default, to more reports.

People go on about "just stick to the rules" but if the rules can be interpreted to suit its hard - especially if all the active Mods have left leaning liberal sympathies and also its easy to say this if

1. you make no threads

2. you make like 5 posts a day in chat

I think we all know its not easy to moderate but its not as simple as "just sticks to the rules"

:)

thesheriff443 08-04-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 9949274)
...Serious Debates, Procrastiknitting and News Stories...

Cross stitch is very popular.

Brillopad 08-04-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9949282)
yes but Mock what you and many on here dont understand is that a lot of infractions are for "baiting" or "trolling" or other generic and non specific things

what is baiting, what is trolling? - half the infractions i get are for me being ironic or perhaps playing devils advocate and frankly you need a bit of that in a debate where a lot of people take themselves a little too seriously

its an opinion and often it is felt that this type of infraction is used nefariously. ie you are in a debate with a mod and say you infuriate them by perhaps exposing a lack of evidence in their argument or maybe just by having a difference of opinion and then hey presto you get a ban/infraction for a non specific thing and you are like :suspicious:

Also if you make a lot of threads I think you get penialised when actually you should be rewarded. In SD if you make a thread about say a rape, abortion or death penalty using a news story you will, on page one, be attacked and in some ways will be held accountable for the article when you did not write or research it. as the OP people who say have strong feelings about the subject latch onto you as the OP and vent at you and thus one can get defensive and you open yourself up to being reported - also just by opening lots of threads you open yourself up, by default, to more reports.

People go on about "just stick to the rules" but if the rules can be interpreted to suit its hard - especially if all the active Mods have left leaning liberal sympathies and also its easy to say this if

1. you make no threads

I think we all know its not easy to moderate but its not as simple as "just sticks to the rules"

Well said LT. :thumbs:

Mystic Mock 08-04-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9949282)

1. you make no threads

I think that we've all had infractions sometimes from Moderators where we're like "how am I being punished when I did nothing wrong!?" sort of moment, but I do think that SD has got to be the hardest section of the Forum to Moderate as alot of opinions on there are extremely controversial and the rules need to be made more clear on what kind of posts are acceptable or not as I do think that your posts in particular can be borderline which means that individual Moderators will just go with their own personal opinion of the post rather than set rules.

Brillopad 08-04-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 9949310)
I think that we've all had infractions sometimes from Moderators where we're like "how am I being punished when I did nothing wrong!?" sort of moment, but I do think that SD has got to be the hardest section of the Forum to Moderate as alot of opinions on there are extremely controversial and the rules need to be made more clear on what kind of posts are acceptable or not as I do think that your posts in particular can be borderline which means that individual Moderators will just go with their own personal opinion of the post rather than set rules.

The occasional ‘slip’ is one thing but persistent ‘slips’ are another thing altogether which has been more the issue.