ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   2014 TiBB Lounge™ - Part 3 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250645)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 25-05-2014 10:41 PM

politics

Jemal 25-05-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6869187)
..whatever will be, will be..the future's not ours to see..que sera, sera..

Great song.

Ammi 25-05-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 6869204)
basically someone posted that it's disgusting that muslim nurses don't need to wash their hands in their jobs and i tried to tell her that anyone in any job could use the toilet and not wash their hands, whether it's someone in a hospital or handling food. she said that it "wasn't the point" and that they need to wash their hands as it is a must as they are treating ill people. of course, i know this and tried to explain that it is a racist article to single out muslim people. most muslim staff, i assume would wash their hands and now people are going to refuse treatment by muslim staff because of this new "rule".

i asked her to link me to an article but she said "just drop it. I have my opinion and you have yours. Done!"

Guess she can't face that I'm right and she's wrong. Don't argue with me over something I know loads about, considering I studied both sociology and modern studies. Just leads me to believe that she's racist now. My point was that anyone could not wash their hands but of course she singles it down to Muslim people.

...hmmm, I think there was a thread once about if you had a friend who was racist, could you still be friends with them..?..if you connected in all other ways I mean and it is a difficult one...I totally agree with you Jonathan, anyone could not wash their hands, who would we know if they had...so I guess it's maybe down to whether you think it was just something she said without any thought and didn't mean it how it sounded and then felt awkward when you questioned her or whether you feel she is racist/bigoted..?...and also whether you can still be friends with her/talk to her/maybe explain and 'educate' her..?..rather than just not have her as a friend at all..

michael21 25-05-2014 10:50 PM

tomorrow like a sunday is ant it

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 25-05-2014 10:51 PM

is ant it

Ammi 25-05-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 6869232)
politics

..are you thinking of running for politics, Scott..you would make a good cabinet minister...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemal (Post 6869255)
Great song.

..it is indeed Jemal..there's nothing like a bit of Doris Day..:laugh:..

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 25-05-2014 10:53 PM

i don't like politics

i like wicca

Ramsay 25-05-2014 10:54 PM

you'll have to speak up i'm wearing a towel

Me. I Am Salman 25-05-2014 10:55 PM

I'm soooooooo borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeddddddddddd

Ammi 25-05-2014 10:55 PM

..does it help if we post in capitals, karl....

Ammi 25-05-2014 10:56 PM

..what happened to my capital letters, they've just gone..:sad:..

michael21 25-05-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6869291)
..what happened to my capital letters, they've just gone..:sad:..

you press cap lock twices :joker:

Firewire 25-05-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6869260)
...hmmm, I think there was a thread once about if you had a friend who was racist, could you still be friends with them..?..if you connected in all other ways I mean and it is a difficult one...I totally agree with you Jonathan, anyone could not wash their hands, who would we know if they had...so I guess it's maybe down to whether you think it was just something she said without any thought and didn't mean it how it sounded and then felt awkward when you questioned her or whether you feel she is racist/bigoted..?...and also whether you can still be friends with her/talk to her/maybe explain and 'educate' her..?..rather than just not have her as a friend at all..

she's not even a friend of mine, she used to be and we had a lot of history but she abandoned me when i left school and became friends with people who made it known that they didn't like her and were horrible to me just to be more popular. it seems like she's picked something without knowing much about it and posted about it to have a say or make her look known in the world of Islam. we know Muslim people are one of the most cleanest groups of people as they have to wash before entering the mosque etc. i mean, i'm not losing anything. i wasn't being argumentative towards her, i was trying to help her realise that what she had said wasn't true and offensive but she wasn't up for listening to me.

Ammi 25-05-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael21 (Post 6869293)
you press cap lock twices :joker:

..ooops lol, my stupid laptop..:fist:...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 6869294)
she's not even a friend of mine, she used to be and we had a lot of history but she abandoned me when i left school and became friends with people who made it known that they didn't like her and were horrible to me just to be more popular. it seems like she's picked something without knowing much about it and posted about it to have a say or make her look known in the world of Islam. we know Muslim people are one of the most cleanest groups of people as they have to wash before entering the mosque etc. i mean, i'm not losing anything. i wasn't being argumentative towards her, i was trying to help her realise that what she had said wasn't true and offensive but she wasn't up for listening to me.

..ahh right, it's really her loss if she won't listen to you then Jonathan, that's all you can do and the rest is up to her really because she is just being silly with what she's said...some people just want to say what they want to say and aren't up for hearing what anyone else has to say and it's hard to get through to someone like that so it's probably not worth your time trying and will only annoy you...

Firewire 25-05-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6869351)
..ahh right, it's really her loss if she won't listen to you then Jonathan, that's all you can do and the rest is up to her really because she is just being silly with what she's said...some people just want to say what they want to say and aren't up for hearing what anyone else has to say and it's hard to get through to someone like that so it's probably not worth your time trying and will only annoy you...

i've left her to have her own views i guess, no point arguing with a wall

Benjamin 26-05-2014 12:03 AM

i'm bored :(

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 26-05-2014 12:09 AM

I'm going to liverpool tomorrow its always fun to read the reviews in the cubicles of TG Hughes toilets

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 26-05-2014 12:10 AM

'sucked a dick here today. was nice'

Firewire 26-05-2014 12:20 AM

Is this Piss Off Jonathan Day or something? I swear to God. I should have gone to bed early to ignore braindead idiots.

I just saw a gay person on Twitter say "you're either gay or straight, there is no ****ing inbetween" and a bunch of straight people agree with him. Is this a joke? This is why bisexual get laughed at. Of course bisexuality is real. I'm so done with these people. He's like 15 bye

Benjamin 26-05-2014 12:28 AM

bisexuality is just laziness :dazzler:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 26-05-2014 12:37 AM

i was bi for like 3 days this year

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 26-05-2014 12:37 AM

well i saw the video for stay the night and thought the girl with red hair looked pretty

same thing

Benjamin 26-05-2014 12:39 AM

:laugh:

I touched a boob once, does that count?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 26-05-2014 12:39 AM

what is boob

Shaun 26-05-2014 12:41 AM

i think gay people should be banned from social media they're just embarrassing on it

(i'm sorry scott and ben but if it means no more tyler oakley, lohanthony or daveywavey it's worth it)