ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   A Star is Born (Out Now!) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341907)

Black Dagger 07-10-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10271990)
Phew!

Initial estimations had it at $25 million opening weekend, talent really does win :clap1:

This also makes it the highest grossing opening weekend for a none Disney musical EVER!

Legend did that :clap1:

Smithy 07-10-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 10272023)
Legend did that :clap1:

I was told she was a fad and over though :o

TomC 07-10-2018 09:07 PM

I saw ASIB this evening, and I'm just blown away.

I totally agree with what Nadia Sawalha's husband said: 'the best films begin for you the moment you leave the cinema'. I can't stop crying.

This film has so many beautiful layers to its plot, and everything about it is executed perfectly. This truly is an 'important' film for people to see, I think. Honestly, the last scene/song with the flashback killed me, and still does. And all this without me even considering how much I adore Lady Gaga...

I have absolutely no doubt that this is comfortably one of the top few things Gaga has done in her career. Her performance was flawless, and I haven't felt this strongly about her since I finally fell in love with her when Joanne came out.

I have never cried in the cinema before and ASIB really did that :bawling: I had no idea ASIB would turn out this...massive?

A beautiful film, and one that everyone should see.

Smithy 07-10-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomC (Post 10272109)
I saw ASIB this evening, and I'm just blown away.

I totally agree with what Nadia Sawalha's husband said: 'the best films begin for you the moment you leave the cinema'. I can't stop crying.

This film has so many beautiful layers to its plot, and everything about it is executed perfectly. This truly is an 'important' film for people to see, I think. Honestly, the last scene/song with the flashback killed me, and still does. And all this without me even considering how much I adore Lady Gaga...

I have absolutely no doubt that this is comfortably one of the top few things Gaga has done in her career. Her performance was flawless, and I haven't felt this strongly about her since I finally fell in love with her when Joanne came out.

I have never cried in the cinema before and ASIB really did that :bawling: I had no idea ASIB would turn out this...massive?

A beautiful film, and one that everyone should see.

:love::love::love:

TomC 07-10-2018 10:19 PM

Just absolutely wrecked myself before bed listening to I'll Never Love Again

Tom4784 08-10-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10271990)
Phew!

Initial estimations had it at $25 million opening weekend, talent really does win :clap1:

This also makes it the highest grossing opening weekend for a none Disney musical EVER!

I think ASIB and Venom will swap places next week, ASIB will have legs and will hang around in the top 10 for quite some time. There's going to be a lot of repeat custom I think.

Ammi 08-10-2018 03:32 PM

Spoiler:

..I’m not sure why but I didn’t really invest in Jack so much...maybe because it felt like Bradley Cooper in the role seemed quite influenced by Kris Kristofferson..but I was so invested in Ally from the very first scene..:lovedup:...GaGa was incredible, she was perfection..and La Vien Rose has always been one of my favourite songs and she sung it beautifully...

...I did fight tears back quite a few times...not very successfully ...but by the end I felt I was made of stone, no tears left.....maybe it was because of stuff said on here that I had prepared and strengthened myself for the song... then outside the door and on the way to the car, I was in pieces and trying to hide my face...as the tears wouldn’t stop...I obviously knew the ending as well...but I’ll Never Love Again and Ally singing it and then the flashback to them both singing it together....ughhhhhh....

Ammi 08-10-2018 03:34 PM

...the Drag Queen’s were lovely..:love:...I don’t know if they’re Ru Paul ladies...

Black Dagger 08-10-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10273534)
...the Drag Queen’s were lovely..:love:...I don’t know if they’re Ru Paul ladies...

They were x

Smithy 08-10-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10273533)
Spoiler:

..I’m not sure why but I didn’t really invest in Jack so much...maybe because it felt like Bradley Cooper in the role seemed quite influenced by Kris Kristofferson..but I was so invested in Ally from the very first scene..:lovedup:...GaGa was incredible, she was perfection..and La Vien Rose has always been one of my favourite songs and she sung it beautifully...

...I did fight tears back quite a few times...not very successfully ...but by the end I felt I was made of stone, no tears left.....maybe it was because of stuff said on here that I had prepared and strengthened myself for the song... then outside the door and on the way to the car, I was in pieces and trying to hide my face...as the tears wouldn’t stop...I obviously knew the ending as well...but I’ll Never Love Again and Ally singing it and then the flashback to them both singing it together....ughhhhhh....

My friend was ugly sobbing when that part happened :laugh:

The album has the film version of the song and then a solo version so you get to hear the climax of song just from Gaga, it’s beautiful :love:

TomC 08-10-2018 06:20 PM

Ugh 21 pilots is beating ASIB in the midweek album chart <\3

Why can't we ever have nice things?

MB. 08-10-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomC (Post 10273720)

Blurryface hacked the charts?

(Shallow is currently #5 in the midweeks though!)

Smithy 08-10-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomC (Post 10273720)

Ehh it was to be expected, they had 4 singles, months worth of preorders and promo like THIS

It’s be pretty embarrassing if they didn’t tbh :laugh:

I’m not worried The Greatest showman took a few weeks before it hit no1 and it sold really well in that time anyway, no doubt ASIB will follow suit

Nancy. 08-10-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10273731)
Ehh it was to be expected, they had 4 singles, months worth of preorders and promo like THIS

I’m not worried The Greatest showman took a few weeks before it hit no1 and it sold really well in that time anyway, no doubt ASIB will follow suit

:joker: Excuses excuses!!!
Next you'll be telling us the promo, months of hype and oscar buzz for ASIB didn't count. What with that and Venom beating it at the box office, things aren't exactly going the way some had hoped on either charts right now. :laugh:

TomC 08-10-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy. (Post 10273812)
:joker: Excuses excuses!!!
Next you'll be telling us the promo, months of hype and oscar buzz for ASIB didn't count. What with that and Venom beating it at the box office, things aren't exactly going the way some had hoped on either charts right now. :laugh:

I mean, it's a film

TomC 08-10-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10273731)

Yes, but... twenty one pilots suck :worry:

But yeah I'm sure ASIB OST will get its time at #1!

And I am SO happy Shallow is in the top 5, and INLA could absolutely smash with some promotion. Her first UK number 1 in seven ****ing years is coming :flutter:

Morgan. 08-10-2018 07:27 PM

I love Top and GaGa so I'd have been happy for either, shame others aren't :laugh:

Morgan. 08-10-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10273849)
I love Top and GaGa so I'd have been happy for either, shame others aren't :laugh:

This wasn't meant to bait btw, I just don't think chart positions matter all that much, and in a week or two ASIB will overtake and probably remain for a while.

TomC 08-10-2018 07:56 PM

Sad! [in the Trump voice, specifically]

@ James

Daniel. 08-10-2018 08:30 PM

I would love to give a review but I guess I fell asleep

A gripping one

TomC 08-10-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 10273947)

A gripping one

Half tasteless, half lazy!

reece(: 08-10-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 10273947)

A gripping one

https://media.giphy.com/media/jlylJkp7RmdnW/giphy.gif

TomC 08-10-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10273963)

jealousy is a disease reece :(

Jordan. 08-10-2018 10:05 PM

The random cat lady that was watching alone side eyeing Daniel when he started snoring was a cackle

Smithy 10-10-2018 06:49 PM

Phew ASIB has now entered IMDB top 250

207. A Star Is Born (8.1)
https://www.imdb.com/chart/top?ref_=tt_awd

IMDb only considers votes from regular voters (the film has an overall rating of 8.5), so stans aren’t to blame for this, just the good old GP :clap1:

The REAL reviews I guess you might say?