ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   if you cant take it, dont dish it out (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110708)

dnt1234 14-08-2009 09:59 AM

if you cant take it, dont dish it out

ive seen alot of threads on the forum calling out freddie for laughing.

lets get this clear. freddie laughed at her, coz she clearly contradicted herself.

She enjoys dishing out alot of sh*t about freddie but she cdnt take any criticism.

BB22 14-08-2009 10:02 AM

She didn't contradict herself. However, she was certainly being a hypocrite.

Slothy 14-08-2009 10:05 AM

Bea is a giant ball of contradiction. As Marcus stated, she doesn't like to hear anything that goes against what she thinks of herself.

halfacrown 14-08-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BB22
She didn't contradict herself, since as the relevant sentence has the form of a command it does not have a truth value. However, she was certainly being a hypocrite.
An overbearing hypocrite.

Prole 14-08-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah, she contradicted herself. She said "If you can't take it, then don't dish it out", and two minutes later she was fake crying, hyperventilating and sobbing "You've - really - upset - me". Well, if you can't take it ... you know the rest.

dnt1234 14-08-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

contradict- to say the opposite of;

she shd have said if i cant take it, i shdnt dish it out.

BB22 14-08-2009 10:14 AM

It is merely a minor linguistic point. As the statement had the linguistic form of a command the only way in which she could contradict herself, in any sense, would be if she gave, or had already given, the opposite command. As far as I am aware, she had not.

Making a statement about how people should behave and acting contrary to that is being a hypocrite. It is not contradicting oneself.

But as I say, it is merely a minor linguistic/logical point. I think we can all agree that the statement was quite laughable coming from Bea.

Niamh. 14-08-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Prole
Quote:

Oh yeah, she contradicted herself. She said "If you can't take it, then don't dish it out", and two minutes later she was fake crying, hyperventilating and sobbing "You've - really - upset - me". Well, if you can't take it ... you know the rest.
I said this earlier as well, she said it as she was crying, calling Marcus a bully and banging on the diary room button..........Bizzare that she'd say HE couldn't take it LOL

markg30 14-08-2009 10:23 AM

Bea is pathetic and uses people. She used Freddie in the first couple of weeks and then dumped him when she noticed his group of friends were getting nominated and moved into Lisa's group of friends. The first week or so I thought she had some potential however she's badly let herself down with the fake tears. I felt Marcus didn't really rip into her either and then suddenly she started to "cry" perhaps she did understand that people could see through her? Its sad though because the watchable people are leaving and we will be left with Lisa smoking for the next few weeks, Dogface's annoying accent, the camp Butlin's show that is Rod and Charlie. Is that really the final 4 we deserve?