ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   I swear on the cross of Jesus, I'm not racist, but..... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112924)

alphabetgreen 19-08-2009 03:16 PM

I swear on the cross of Jesus, I\'m not racist, but.....

Before I go into this discussion, I just want to say that I have always abhorred racism and homophobia, and would never promote such hostility.

However, I'm pretty sure that ethnic minorities in Britain total under less than 10% of the population, much less. And the ratio of straight people to LBGs is even lower.

But how come out of 22 housemates, just 4 people (including Isaac and Tom who were hardly there) were white straight boys, and another 4 people (including Saffia who was hardly there) were straight white girls.

Now, it matters ****** all to me this year because I didn't apply and it's been a pretty good show so far, but I think that if I had failed to get on this year, I would have been a bit miffed.

Zizz6 19-08-2009 03:19 PM

If housemates were average citizens the show woul'd be very boring.

IsleOfWeather 19-08-2009 03:19 PM

around 4% of the UK is "gay" - lots work in media and entertainment so it always seems more.

But BB is not a mirror on the UK and does not claim to be.

I do wish BB would get over gay people as they tend to attract john inman types each year zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IsleOfWeather 19-08-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zizz6

I disagree, it would be better

Nebi 19-08-2009 03:23 PM

Normal average people is better than freaks.

Zien 19-08-2009 03:24 PM

WTF is this thread about they dont pick ppl only based on their sexuality or race - i sense a green eyed monster in th OP Shame on you:mad:

IsleOfWeather 19-08-2009 03:25 PM

"I swear on the cross of Jesus"

have you no parents?

Zizz6 19-08-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IsleOfWeather
Quote:

I don't give a damn are they gay or not or where they are coming from.

I have my prejudices like everyone else but all that matters here is housemates' personalities. How irritating, nice, sexy, argumentative, entertaining, etc. they are.

scot 19-08-2009 03:28 PM

what about age then?....the house is very unrepresentative re the whole age thing?

Thing is they have to make the house diverse and etc. It's good. It's gotta be colourful and extreme types. Boderline crazies!

All potential HMs are gonna by psyche(sp) evaluated and you better believe they are gonna hand pick the folk with the huge egos/low self esteem/massive insecurities/delusional maniacs and etc etc etc.

It's a carnival show full of freaks...its good fun

Zien 19-08-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by scot
what about age then?....the house is very unrepresentative re the whole age thing?

Thing is they have to make the house diverse and etc. It's good. It's gotta be colourful and extreme types. Boderline crazies!

All potential HMs are gonna by psyche(sp) evaluated and you better believe they are gonna hand pick the folk with the huge egos/low self esteem/massive insecurities/delusional maniacs and etc etc etc.

It's a carnival show full of freaks...its good fun
obviously the OP would have failed the aboce criteria so good job he didnt audition this year:dance:

BitterFruit 19-08-2009 03:32 PM

BB has never claimed to represent, in a directly proportional way, the UK population

what it does reflect is its potential diversity....part of the challenge is to team people up with different backgrounds and see what happens.

if anything I would say BB has been lazy in its "diversity" choices.....
maybe it should have more religion and age ...but then neither of these are interesting or appealing to the mainly young audience :sad:

alphabetgreen 19-08-2009 03:34 PM

All I'm saying is, is that there should be a fair representation of all sorts of people in relation to the population of this country, to make it fair for all the people that apply. And that has not happened this year, by a long shot.

Zien 19-08-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alphabetgreen
All I'm saying is, is that there should be a fair representation of all sorts of people in relation to the population of this country, to make it fair for all the people that apply. And that has not happened this year, by a long shot.
sounds more articulate than your OP are you trying to disguise your bigotory:xyxwave:

lavabird 19-08-2009 03:36 PM

i think they just go on personalities they try and pick flamboyant people but id have liked to have seen a few older poeple in there they have more to talk about and it seems to be just the uk as the clips shown on bblb of other countires seem to have a more mixed age group going into their bbs

LoadOfDross 19-08-2009 03:38 PM

This thread is stupid. Why does it always have to be more of the white straight people and less of the minorities. Give me a break. You may not be racist but your ignorant. People should embrace the fact that theres alot of multicultural people this season. Not be like "Where all the white folk?"

Your thinking backwards buddy. If you get mad because some iranian took the last place. And your like wtf he took my spot cuz im white. Then thats messed up :nono:

BitterFruit 19-08-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nebi
Normal average people is better than freaks.
have you organised a reality show or are you referring to your experience with something more personal? :whistle:

fallentree 19-08-2009 03:39 PM

being gay or weird is automatic pass for big bro

Zien 19-08-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by *************
:nono::mad:

BitterFruit 19-08-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

the audition went well?

scot 19-08-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

so you want a house full of white people mostly over 35 years old?

nah, no thanks.

It's a game show and it, mostly, showcases and is consumed by 'younger people'. The fact it has, porportionatley(sp), a lot of gay folk and ethnic miniorities adds to, rather than diminishes, the show.

It's been great there have been so many people in the house who originate from outside the UK.

scot 19-08-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BitterFruit
Quote:

the audition went well?
LMFAO :cheer:

Zien 19-08-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by scot
Quote:

so you want a house full of white people mostly over 35 years old?

nah, no thanks.

It's a game show and it, mostly, showcases and is consumed by 'younger people'. The fact it has, porportionatley(sp), a lot of gay folk and ethnic miniorities adds to, rather than diminishes, the show.

It's been great there have been so many people in the house who originate from outside the UK.
:thumbs:

fallentree 19-08-2009 03:45 PM

wwwwwwwwwww

sophiee1383 19-08-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IsleOfWeather
Quote:

You Dont Wanna Have A WHOLE House Of Average Everyday People Who Are Gonna Bore The ****** Out Of You.

IsleOfWeather 19-08-2009 03:53 PM

The thing is " Average Everyday People" are interesting because you do not know what you are going to uncover

average gay bloke

1. sides with the girls

2.cries a lot

3. Shrieks a lot

4. seem to clap a lot

4. bitch

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:conf: