ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2009 [S6] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   John & Edward: Twins: 'We just want people to love us' (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122164)

Arneldo 08-11-2009 03:23 AM

Twins: 'We just want people to love us'

Quote:

X Factor hopefuls John & Edward have admitted that the negative criticism they receive has hurt them.

The twins told The Mirror that they have been sent hate mail and have had trouble sleeping. The duo also stated that they spend all their time practising for their performances on the show.

"We only stop practising to eat and sleep," Edward said. "The other acts go out on their days off but we're the only ones who never go out of the house. There's no point sitting around when we could be practising.

"We never watch telly. We get up at 7am to start and work through until 7pm. Then we have dinner and go through it again."

However, the pair revealed that they are struggling to deal with the negative feedback.

"We get hate mail and vicious letters," they continued. "Some of the hate mail is so bad X Factor hasn't let us see it. It's hard when we have to go out and perform and be happy and confident and smiley because we know if we slip up they'll come after us."

John added: "I haven't been sleeping for the last two or three nights. Websites say, 'John and Edward are s**t'. I get so upset by it I can't sleep. It goes round and round in my head.

"We were in the street walking to our dance class when a whole family came past in a black car and shouted out, 'We hate you, you're w**kers'. Edward was very shaken and upset. I had to calm him down and tell him not to think about it.

"All we want is for people to love us. It hurts us and our family."

The X Factor results show airs tomorrow at 8pm on ITV1.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/...o-love-us.html

Tom4784 08-11-2009 03:26 AM

I feel sorry for them, they're growing on me.

CaraRawr 08-11-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 2658650)
I feel sorry for them, they're growing on me.

Same.

WOMBAI 08-11-2009 08:00 AM

Why should we love them - they have done nothing to earn it. People get admired for their talent - but they have none. All the practice in the world won't make them good singers.

Braden 08-11-2009 08:05 AM

i'm not a big fan.
but if i was in the audience i wouldn't boo them.

Stacey. 08-11-2009 08:17 AM

come on... lets show our love! :D
make them feel good. <3
LOVE YOU JOHN AND EDWARD!

Beastie 08-11-2009 09:33 AM

Poor John and Edward :(

But I am glad some of the public are turning round their opinion of them :D

Lol I wonder if Lloyd has seen on here "Lloyd is shite" etc..

setanta 08-11-2009 09:41 AM

They're terrible and yet they were the most entertaining last night. Tells you alot about the quality of the show really.

Marc 08-11-2009 09:58 AM

I don't want to love you!!!!!

aiv 08-11-2009 10:07 AM

How good Danyl/Olly/Stacey/Lucie/etc/etc is as a singer won't make me love him/her, but the way the twins are with their performances and how they take all the stick makes me love them. I really don't care that they can't sing. They are great entertainers and Ghostbusters was perfect for them because there was minimum singing, but plenty of performance.

WOMBAI 08-11-2009 10:11 AM

People find it funny like they would watching kids in a school play - but it doesn't mean that should win the show. They are not deserving of a SINGING recording contract.

Stacey. 08-11-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMBAI (Post 2658799)
People find it funny like they would watching kids in a school play - but it doesn't mean that should win the show. They are not deserving of a SINGING recording contract.

so...? what about ENTERTAINING? :D

WOMBAI 08-11-2009 10:17 AM

It isn't a comedy/entertainment contract - it is a singing/recording contract. One that they are not entitled to.

MeMyselfAndI 08-11-2009 10:18 AM

They're growing on me slowly still i dislike them though, but i would never boo them. I prefure them to Lloyd, i think...

Stacey. 08-11-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbrofan085 (Post 2658806)
They're growing on me slowly still i dislike them though, but i would never boo them. I prefure them to Lloyd, i think...

:thumbs:
i love you! :D

Stu 08-11-2009 10:55 AM

I have no sympathy for them. If they did not assume they would get hate before going on the show, they really are mentally crippled.

aiv 08-11-2009 11:00 AM

I don't think they should win but I want them to get something... just not a recording contract.

Stu 08-11-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiv (Post 2658853)
i don't think they should win but i want them to get something... Just not a recording contract.

Aids?

DrunkerThanMoses 08-11-2009 11:17 AM

Why should everyone love them?

People are always going to hate them, no one can be loved by everyone.

I personally dont like them, and never will.

If they wanted to entertain people, why didnt they go on BGT? They ruined what used to be a singing show, now its a complete joke!

zotler. 08-11-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2658863)
Aids?

Incest!

Stu 08-11-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImDrunkerThenMoses (Post 2658874)
If they wanted to entertain people, why didnt they go on BGT?

Or charge a pay per view subscription to watch there impending death via webcast...

Jack_ 08-11-2009 11:33 AM

"There's no point sitting around when we could be practising."

Um, yes there is. Because you're crap and you're not going to get any better.

I like them as people and feel sorry for them, but as singers, they're beyond awful.

MarkWaldorf 08-11-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtney123 (Post 2658803)
so...? what about ENTERTAINING? :D

If they're going to entertain send them to Britains Got Talent. I'm sure they'll find use of the big production value for the Royal Variety thing. When it comes down to it, the winner of The X Factor is looking to have a recording career not a career of big production shows. John and Edward CAN'T sing and thats why they shouldn't win. When you compare winners such as Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke to John and Edward....it doesn't make sense and I hope you see that.

Tom4784 08-11-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImDrunkerThenMoses (Post 2658874)

If they wanted to entertain people, why didnt they go on BGT? They ruined what used to be a singing show, now its a complete joke!

But the X Factor has never been about singing, if it was about that G4 would have won, Brenda would have won, Rhydian would have won. It's more of a personality and popularity contest.

Fom 08-11-2009 11:55 AM

They have grown on my slightly, but I don't want them to win and I won't be upset if they leave. By growing on me... I mean I can watch them and not get angry now.

I find the booing hilarious though haha.