ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Cannabis With it or against it? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125964)

Lemo 02-01-2010 01:34 PM

Cannabis With it or against it?

simple question

with me im with it. I smoke cannabis on a weekly baises

InOne 02-01-2010 01:35 PM

Not really bothered, it's just kind of there.

30stone 02-01-2010 01:36 PM

Against it.

Cannot stand it, done it before so cant say you havent tried it so you have no say, which is ridiculous anyway.

Dont really care if someone has it but if they are smoking near me they know its being ripped up..

Chels 02-01-2010 01:36 PM

idk i wouldn't try it, i won't even try smoking.
so against it really.

Jords 02-01-2010 01:37 PM

Against it.

Stephanie 02-01-2010 01:38 PM

with it, i've smoked it loads.

Iceman 02-01-2010 01:43 PM

with it, its the most harmless drug out of the lot of them....

Stu 02-01-2010 01:57 PM

This has been done to death a million times and it always turns out the same. When will people learn? Internet + Drug Debates = Overdose of misinformed idiots.

As for weed? I'm known to be partial to it here and there.

30stone 02-01-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chels (Post 2818709)
idk i wouldn't try it, i won't even try smoking.
so against it really.

You impress me more each day. :lovedup:

TheTopGuy 02-01-2010 02:00 PM

i <3 CANNABIS

Ramsay 02-01-2010 02:05 PM

i have to be with it seeing as i smoke it basically every day
it really is not as bad as some people think

Jords 02-01-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schumacher (Post 2818722)
with it, its the most harmless drug out of the lot of them....

Yeah but some people who start off smoking cannabis tend to move onto stronger drugs..

Chels 02-01-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30stone (Post 2818758)
You impress me more each day. :lovedup:

aw haha :p
i hate smoking, makes me feel sick.

Iceman 02-01-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 2818781)
Yeah but some people who start off smoking cannabis tend to move onto stronger drugs..

But thats not the drug, thats the person.......addictive personalities and all that....

30stone 02-01-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chels (Post 2818790)
aw haha :p
i hate smoking, makes me feel sick.

Same.
Never tried a cigarette lol.

30stone 02-01-2010 02:14 PM

Just waiting for someone to bring alcohol into it..lol

Jords 02-01-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schumacher (Post 2818797)
But thats not the drug, thats the person.......addictive personalities and all that....

If it were legalised, more people would give it a go, and those with the addictive personalities would move onto stronger drugs.

Iceman 02-01-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 2818829)
If it were legalised, more people would give it a go, and those with the addictive personalities would move onto stronger drugs.

But its still not the drug, its the person, thats the point im trying to make...

Jords 02-01-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schumacher (Post 2818839)
But its still not the drug, its the person, thats the point im trying to make...

And if you make it legal, your putting lots of people who wouldnt take the drug but will now it had become legal, lives at risk. Its ok saying cannabis is harmless, but if they move onto cocaine or whatnot because cannabis no longer becomes 'enough', there is serious health risks for them. And it all stemed from taking cannabis in the first place.

Iceman 02-01-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 2818862)
And if you make it legal, your putting lots of people who wouldnt take the drug but will now it had become legal, lives at risk. Its ok saying cannabis is harmless, but if they move onto cocaine or whatnot because cannabis no longer becomes 'enough', there is serious health risks for them. And it all stemed from taking cannabis in the first place.

Yeah but the same could be said for nearly everything food, drink, cigarettes, prescription medication.

Your still missing my point here, your saying about cocaine and stuff which is fine I agree, but its still not cannabis that is harming people......i think we'll agree to disagree because this is going nowhere!!!! :spin:

Stu 02-01-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 2818829)

Who says? Local Dutch teens are amongst the lowest consumers in Europe and it's virtually legal there.

The gateway drug argument is B.S. too. It's because of the fact that it's illegal that you have to go to a drug dealer and possibly get offered other stuff.

The gateway drug argument has long been a basless fabrication of the prohibitionists. There's nothing factual or scientific behind it.

Jords 02-01-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schumacher (Post 2818870)
Yeah but the same could be said for nearly everything food, drink, cigarettes, prescription medication.

Your still missing my point here, your saying about cocaine and stuff which is fine I agree, but its still not cannabis that is harming people......i think we'll agree to disagree because this is going nowhere!!!! :spin:

Yeah but if I move from cheese strings to babybels, babybels arnt a threat to my life, cannabis to cocaine would be.

I know what you saying about cannabis doesnt really harm you, its the fact it can open gateways to stronger drugs which is its problem.

And ok :) But yeah imo it should not be legalised.

arista 02-01-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemo (Post 2818700)
simple question

with me im with it. I smoke cannabis on a weekly baises

If its in Private
it should not be a problem,
but if you Drive - Then the need to arrest you for that.

Get Down and Get Funky
Watch Out For Them Junkies.

Jords 02-01-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2818875)
Who says? Local Dutch teens are amongst the lowest consumers in Europe and it's virtually legal there.

The gateway drug argument is B.S. too. It's because of the fact that it's illegal that you have to go to a drug dealer and possibly get offered other stuff.

The gateway drug argument has long been a basless fabrication of the prohibitionists. There's nothing factual or scientific behind it.

The simple fact you wont get in trouble for taking it will draw people to use it as stress relief or fun. And those who currently take it will probably take it more if it was allowed.

The drug can become not 'enough' for you because you get addicted and you then search for harder drugs yourself.

Stu 02-01-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 2818891)
The simple fact you wont get in trouble for taking it will draw people to use it as stress relief or fun. And those who currently take it will probably take it more if it was allowed.

The drug can become not 'enough' for you because you get addicted and you then search for harder drugs yourself.

So god forbid more people are less stressed and fun?

Your gateway drug argument is still basless and constructed merely on phohibitionist assumptions. That's like saying coca cola is not enough for people so they move onto vodka. Or sniffing lynx is not enough for people so they jump off bridges for 'da buzz'.

Even the government are running out of motivation in the U.S. There are coffee shops opening up in California now and nobody cares anymore. If Obama is re-elected for a second term he could push for full legalisation or at the least decriminalization.

The point is, you can't throw people in prison cells for growing a plant and smoking it and not harming anybody but themselves. Think about it. It's riddiculous.