ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Wintry Blast set to hit the UK. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133812)

Patrick 29-03-2010 09:36 AM

Wintry Blast set to hit the UK.

Quote:

It may be British Summer Time - but a wintry blast is on the way, forecasters warned.

There will be a brief cold snap on Tuesday and Wednesday, with snow expected on high ground in northern parts of Britain, said Julian Mayes, senior forecaster with MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association.

He said: "It's turning very unsettled and we expect a two-day cold snap on Tuesday and Wednesday, which is going to give quite a surprise to many people after the recent mild weather.

"The current charts suggest it's going to be fairly shortlived in the south, with the worst of the cold winds and risk of snow being on the northern hills.

"On Tuesday, we expect to see rain or showers over most of Britain, with strong northerly winds over Scotland turning the rain to snow there in some places.

"Tuesday night looks like being a very cold night, particularly over Scotland and Ireland, with snow on high ground and rain at lower levels.

"But even if people miss the snow, it's going to be cold and windy and wet.

"On Wednesday, there is the likelihood of snow on high ground in Scotland - approaching blizzard conditions on the highest ground.

"That night it will be still very windy and cold with showers or longer spells of rain, then on Thursday there should be some sunshine for some areas, with winds from the north west rather than the north - we'll be beginning to come out of it by then.

"It should be milder by Friday, with rain coming in from the south west, but unfortunately it does look an unsettled picture over the Easter weekend."

Pfft.

This time last week we promised the hottest summer ever in the UK.

WOMBAI 29-03-2010 09:38 AM

Nice to be cheered up first thing on a Monday morning! What a ray of sunshine you are!

Patrick 29-03-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMBAI (Post 3123226)
Nice to be cheered up first thing on a Monday morning! What a ray of sunshine you are!

:joker:

30stone 29-03-2010 09:45 AM

Meh i dont mind i gotta work both tuesday and wednesday anyway..

LeatherTrumpet 29-03-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3123224)
Pfft.

This time last week we promised the hottest summer ever in the UK.

and as this is March what is your point?

if a anticlockwise spinning low is centred top right of the UK it drags down air from the Arctic. happens EVERY year with no exception.

There will be no snow for 99% of the UK who sit under 300 feet asl so there is little story.

Patrick 29-03-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 3123275)
and as this is March what is your point?

if a anticlockwise spinning low is centred top right of the UK it drags down air from the Arctic. happens EVERY year with no exception.

There will be no snow for 99% of the UK who sit under 300 feet asl so there is little story.

The coments on that site and MSN News all made remarks about Summer.

Even the title of the news story said 'In Early Summer' yet I think they are bloody forgetting this is Spring not summer.

Im just going by what they said.

LeatherTrumpet 29-03-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3123281)

Even the title of the news story said 'In Early Summer' yet I think they are bloody forgetting this is Spring not summer.

It is the usual annual mistake about using British summer time, which refers to time, for a season. The clocks are now running on British Summer Time but that does not have anything to do with seasons and weather. The Met office see summer as June July and August.

We are in early Spring (March April and May).

WOMBAI 29-03-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3123281)

Another one of your oh so interesting threads hey Patrick! :joker:

Beastie 29-03-2010 11:08 AM

I want sun please.

Patrick 29-03-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMBAI (Post 3123285)
Another one of your oh so interesting threads hey Patrick! :joker:

My 500 Threads >>> Your 45 Threads.
x

WOMBAI 29-03-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3123289)
My 500 Threads >>> Your 45 Threads.
x

It is quality that counts - not quantity! :hugesmile: