ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Little things that make you smile (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134480)

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:10 AM

Little things that make you smile

Dare I try a positive thread..... :D

What things on a day to day basis make you smile?

My examples -

My family
My crazy pets
Hearing the dawn chorus
Sunny days
Rain lashing on my windows at night and feeling cosy
Watching comedy
Reading a good book
Having a good chat with a mate
Spontaneous laughter and not being able to stop

For starters......

Raph 08-04-2010 09:11 AM

aww i :love: this thread!

-Disney
-Swimming in the ocean
-relaxing in the sun
-Rachel Rice

i'll think of more :) x

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:12 AM

How could I forget taking photographs?! :shocked:

Oh and going for walks :)

Getting into a freshly made bed after a nice bath

Raph 08-04-2010 09:13 AM

Seeing your friends&family smile :)

Raph 08-04-2010 09:14 AM

Going to bed finally, after all the studying and work is finished.
Going back to sleep, once being woken up.

<3

Possiblehousemate 08-04-2010 09:25 AM

Not much...

I'm a bit of a moody person gotta admit, I'm struggling but i'll think of something...

Scenery! Beutiful scenery makes me smile, Chocolate, Myself in the mirror cause i always pull faces, Cute animals, Birds that come close make me smile cause it makes me feel like i'm so friendly birds aren't afraid of me, When ive worked my arse off all day and i have a result, Looking at the result makes me smile..

I think thats about it :D

Possiblehousemate 08-04-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaye (Post 3146127)
How could I forget taking photographs?! :shocked:

Oh and going for walks :)

Getting into a freshly made bed after a nice bath

All these make me smile! But not a big one, like a slight smile

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possiblehousemate (Post 3146139)
All these make me smile! But not a big one, like a slight smile

Just anything even slightly uplifting :D

I felt low when I got up so decided to start this thread and do something about it :joker:

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:30 AM

Watching the sky
Watching wildlife, especially at night
Nightwalks
The coast
Walking in the countryside
Making people laugh
Giving gifts
The weekend
Helping someone in need

Possiblehousemate 08-04-2010 09:34 AM

FOXES!!

when i see a fox i get soo happy, They are beutiful apart from this once time when i bumped into a gang of crackhead foxes!

I thought i was going to get eaten, i was drunk and stumbling home and there was two beefy ones eyeing me up from across the road so i was like, there so beutiful .... and so hungry... D:

ALSO i have to agree with you, rain or a thunderstorm outside and lashing against the window then looking out wrapped up in my warm quilt makes me happy :)

AAAAH i love this thread !

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possiblehousemate (Post 3146146)
FOXES!!

when i see a fox i get soo happy, They are beutiful apart from this once time when i bumped into a gang of crackhead foxes!

I thought i was going to get eaten, i was drunk and stumbling home and there was two beefy ones eyeing me up from across the road so i was like, there so beutiful .... and so hungry... D:

ALSO i have to agree with you, rain or a thunderstorm outside and lashing against the window then looking out wrapped up in my warm quilt makes me happy :)

:D

WOMBAI 08-04-2010 09:43 AM

A nice spring day - warm and sunny with open windows and smell of freshly cut grass - and with the summer to look forward to. Glorious!

Possiblehousemate 08-04-2010 09:44 AM

I just went outside and saw a BEE! that cheered me up, because bees make me laugh :)

Ninastar 08-04-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possiblehousemate (Post 3146146)
FOXES!!

You are my new best friend. I LOVE FOXES! they are my fave animal atm! I've only ever seen one before though :(

WOMBAI 08-04-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Possiblehousemate (Post 3146155)
I just went outside and saw a BEE! that cheered me up, because bees make me laugh :)

Until one stings you! :hugesmile:

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:47 AM

LOLcats (Icanhascheeseburger website)
Babies
Kittens
Long Summer evenings
Snow
Christmas Day

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 3146157)
You are my new best friend. I LOVE FOXES! they are my fave animal atm! I've only ever seen one before though :(

I see quite a lot. Saw my first badger close up not long ago too. Was a great feeling. It looked straight at me! Only seen one in the distance or TV before now

Kerry 08-04-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMBAI (Post 3146159)
Until one stings you! :hugesmile:

They're incredibly docile. Unlike wasps. Nasty creatures

Raph 08-04-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMBAI (Post 3146153)
A nice spring day - warm and sunny with open windows and smell of freshly cut grass - and with the summer to look forward to. Glorious!

awww. Wombai makes me smile :hug:

Possiblehousemate 08-04-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 3146157)

Well i used to live in a country cafe, and the foxes were always at the side of the cafe trying to get the left overs,

they are very beutiful, and i have never seen a badger up close! Gutted. I walked into a herrons nesting area once and it stood its ground by spreading its wings and like looking at me, so i walked off a bit scared, seen a few other things, There are wierd rodent things near me no idea what they are.

I love LOLCATS! <3
and thats why i like bee's because there Docile fat n fuzzy! Haha, Wasps are awful, i was stung with friends by a nest as a child.

I was ina field in summer walking through long grass and we could feel like burning but because we had no idea what it was we didn't make much of it, then we sat down in this "den" after 5 mins we realised there were wasps everywhere and they were all in our clothes so we all ran home whilst stripping on the way. I jumped in the shower and was pulling them off my body whilst showering because some of them had stung me so hard they got themselves stuck! Thats why i haate wasps! But love bees!

[Sorry i type so much i'm a really fast typer so i don't realise how much im typing!]

Ninastar 08-04-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaye (Post 3146162)
I see quite a lot. Saw my first badger close up not long ago too. Was a great feeling. It looked straight at me! Only seen one in the distance or TV before now

Aww i like badgers too. I love all animals really. execpt scary ones like spiders and snakes. I like snakes actually. Its just bugs I dont like. They are evil :(

Raph 08-04-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 3146170)
Aww i like badgers too. I love all animals really. execpt scary ones like spiders and snakes. I like snakes actually. Its just bugs I dont like. They are evil :(

aww hehe I know! Spiders give me the creeps :p

Ninastar 08-04-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samy (Post 3146177)
aww hehe I know! Spiders give me the creeps :p

I had one on me the other night. I nearly actually died. FML.

Raph 08-04-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 3146187)
I had one on me the other night. I nearly actually died. FML.

aww bless! how did that happen? :shocked:

Ninastar 08-04-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samy (Post 3146191)
aww bless! how did that happen? :shocked:

I was suntanning and i felt it run across me. I fell of the sunben and then hurt my knee's :bawling:

Poor me. :p