ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB6 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vanessa talks about singing career (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13485)

James 07-09-2005 05:36 AM

Vanessa talks about singing career

Back to reality with a song

Sep 6 2005

By Zara Bishop, South London Press

BIG Brother star Vanessa is tuning up to a singing career outside the house.

Vanessa Layton-McIntosh, who was the seventh person to be evicted from the Big Brother house, has teamed up with South London record producer Charles Bailey.

The pair are writing and recording three R'n'B songs and will choose one for release before Christmas.

This will be accompanied by a video which will be filmed in Brixton.

Some of the money raised from sales of the single will be donated to charity.

Vanessa, 20, said: "There is a vibe between Charles and I. We feed off each other.

"He can write one line of a song and I can write the next."

Charles said: "Vanessa is very talented. I found her interesting because she has a clean image. I think she will take the UK by storm."

Vanessa was studying for a degree in business management and accounting at Brunel University in west London before she went on the Channel 4 reality TV show this summer.

She said: "What an amazing way to spend my summer holidays. I am taking a gap year out to pursue the music and see what happens.

"I went into the house as Vanessa and came out famous.

"I get recognised everywhere and most people are nice and wish me the best."

Vanessa, who is originally from Croydon but now lives in Streatham, said she keeps in touch with other housemates Makosi, Kinga, Roberto, Orlaith and Kemal.

She said: "It was a very intense environment.

"I was expecting to go in and have fun all day.

"I felt overshadowed by a lot of the characters but I had some fantastic times in there."

Article

GlitterEyes 07-09-2005 11:54 AM

I wonder if she will be keeping her full name for the song/s or she will just use something shorter. I hope we see a new side to Vanessa when on her song/video otherwise we will all bore of her very quick. I could picture her as a song writer as she seems smart more than an actual singer.

Legend 09-09-2005 11:58 PM

I hope she does well.

Good luck vanessa :eureka:

Siouxsie 10-09-2005 08:00 AM

not really a vennessa fan

jrc 10-09-2005 09:51 AM

Me neithier, too self-centered for my liking. :rolleyes:

lilmissnaughty 10-09-2005 09:58 AM

Same here, I doubt it will be any good, but we'll see. :bored:

jrc 10-09-2005 10:33 AM

Brilliant avvy lilmiss! :thumbs:

ThaGazBoi 10-09-2005 11:02 AM

Best of luck to her, and i agree Lilmiss ur avvy rocks

texbex 10-09-2005 01:42 PM

Didnt like her cos she was with Makosi and she was really bitchy just to fit in instead of being her true self!