ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Madeleine McCann - 3 years tomorrow (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135911)

Lewis. 02-05-2010 05:13 PM

Madeleine McCann - 3 years tomorrow

Tomorrow is the third anniversary of the date when Madeleine McCann went missing. What are your opinions on the case, her parents, what may have happened to her?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://www.findmadeleine.com/files/s...sing_intro.jpg

Claymores 02-05-2010 05:17 PM

Without being able to give you any sustantiating evidence, something always seemed dodgy to me about the parents. It's probably just an umwarranted feeling by me.

Lewis. 02-05-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claymores (Post 3204505)
Without being able to give you any sustantiating evidence, something always seemed dodgy to me about the parents. It's probably just an umwarranted feeling by me.

Nah. I think it has been too long into the case for it to be her parents. If they had done it themselves they would not keep trying to promote Madeleines' disapearence

Stacey. 02-05-2010 05:42 PM

aww, it doesnt feel that long ago tbh :bawling:
it must horrible, not knowing anything.
Gerry and Kate seem lovely, i genuinely dont think they had anything to do with her disappearance at all.

Angus 02-05-2010 05:42 PM

I think the villification of the McCanns is despicable. I can't imagine what it must be like to not know what has happened to your child for three long years, and to actually be suspected in being involved in her disappearance! The way it was handled by the Portugese police was disgraceful and the Police Chief in charge had his own xenophobic agenda, even trying to sell a sleazy book citing all sorts of groundless accusations.

Who knows if Madeleine is still alive? I would like to think so as the alternative, that she was the victim of a paedophile, is too horrendous to contemplate. If I were her mum I would still be looking and trying to keep her case high profile.

Claymores 02-05-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis. (Post 3204527)
Nah. I think it has been too long into the case for it to be her parents. If they had done it themselves they would not keep trying to promote Madeleines' disapearence

If they notionally had been responsible in some way, wouldn't that be EXACTLY what they would do to avoid suspicion after the publicity machine put the case in the spotlight. Consider, for example, the way in which Shannon Matthew's mother acted once the kid's 'abduction' became national news.

Damned cos they have, damned if they didn't I guess would be your quite valid response.

Scarlett. 02-05-2010 05:55 PM

What about the millions of other missing children out there? Where is their anniversary thread? Their front page headlines? Their world wide search? Their chain letters? Their documentaries?

Zippy 02-05-2010 05:58 PM

If they'd killed her themselves Im sure there would be some evidence of a kind. I mean, they were in a foreign country so its not like they would have known where to quickly dispose of the body or anything.

Plus the fact theyre still together. If they shared a horrible secret I think it would have drove them apart, or mad, by now. I believe them. Theyre just not emotional types thats all. People expect them to break down all the time.

Must be the worse thing ever to not know and be forever wondering where she is and if she's suffering. Almost be better to know she's dead. Least its final.

Spike 02-05-2010 05:58 PM

I think she is dead now, its been too long for her to still realistically be alive
My thoughts are that something isn't right with the parents, I've said it since I first saw them on the news, I don't know something just doesn't add up.
I think they know more than they have said, possibly even killed her.

Angus 02-05-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 3204581)
What about the millions of other missing children out there? Where is their anniversary thread? Their front page headlines? Their world wide search? Their chain letters? Their documentaries?

Indeed where? That is why the McCanns should be admired for their tenacity and determination in keeping their daughter's case in the public eye.

Twilight 02-05-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 3204581)

Yeah what makes her disappearance so special? i feel sorry for them and all, but they is other missing kids out there, not just her.

Angus 02-05-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight (Post 3204619)
Yeah what makes her disappearance so special? i feel sorry for them and all, but they is other missing kids out there, not just her.

That's the point I was making - the McCanns have been tenacious and not given up, and they have utilised the media to keep their daughter's disappearance high profile. They have been proactive and pushy which is what you have to do to keep the momentum going.

Scarlett. 02-05-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angus58 (Post 3204640)
That's the point I was making - the McCanns have been tenacious and not given up, and they have utilised the media to keep their daughter's disappearance high profile. They have been proactive and pushy which is what you have to do to keep the momentum going.

I think its more of a case of the media taking a story and running with it, and the McCan's should take the limelight off Maddie now, its selfish

Angus 02-05-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 3204656)
I think its more of a case of the media taking a story and running with it, and the McCan's should take the limelight off Maddie now, its selfish

How is it selfish?:conf: Unless you're a parent you cannot begin to imagine the kind of pain they must be feeling to have lost their child. Are you suggesting they are attention seeking by trying to keep Madeleine's case in the public eye?:shocked: I would do everything in my power to keep reminding the police, the public, the world, to keep looking for my child.

Stacey. 02-05-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Its not selfish at all - shes missing!
imagine if it was one of your family members, and the limelight was being taken off them, because after 3 years they were still missing...
i dont think you'd be saying the same thing then.

Scarlett. 02-05-2010 06:52 PM

It is selfish, they're asking police to keep searching for their little girl, instead of searching for the hundreds of others out there, I get that they want her back, and that it is painful, but there has to be a cut off date for these things

Zippy 02-05-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

and the McCan's should take the limelight off Maddie now, its selfish

The media limelight is virtually their only chance of getting new info. This comment is ridiculous and very ignorant of how parents in their position must be feeling.

Scarlett. 02-05-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 3204686)
The media limelight is virtually their only chance of getting new info. This comment is ridiculous and very ignorant of how parents in their position must be feeling.

What about the hundreds of parents out there who have dont even have the media to help them?

Stacey. 02-05-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 3204682)
It is selfish, they're asking police to keep searching for their little girl, instead of searching for the hundreds of others out there, I get that they want her back, and that it is painful, but there has to be a cut off date for these things

No. there is no cut-off date at all.
never. the search goes on.

Scarlett. 02-05-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey.x (Post 3204690)
No. there is no cut-off date at all.
never. the search goes on.

You're right it does, but what I meant it cant be such a high profile search forever

Tom4784 02-05-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 3204682)

I'm pretty sure the whole police force of the uk can handle more then one disappearance case at a time. I agree with Angus really.

Angus 02-05-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 3204688)
What about the hundreds of parents out there who have dont even have the media to help them?

So what is stopping those hundreds of parents from doing what the McCanns are doing?

Scarlett. 02-05-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angus58 (Post 3204711)
So what is stopping those hundreds of parents from doing what the McCanns are doing?

The media arent interested in them

Zippy 02-05-2010 07:10 PM

Its not the McCanns fault if other missing children aren't getting as much coverage. Theyre bringing the general issue of missing children into the news.

And the police are not doing much because they have no leads. Which is why they need media coverage...to hopefully get a lead for the police to follow up.

Scarlett. 02-05-2010 07:11 PM

Okay, I take back the McCan's being selfish bit back, I just think its unfair how much coverage they have got