ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Capello names squad for stupid-pointless-rubbish friendly with Hungary (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153891)

King Gizzard 07-08-2010 07:11 PM

Capello names squad for stupid-pointless-rubbish friendly with Hungary

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefa.com
Capello names his squad

Saturday, 07 August, 2010

Fabio Capello has named a 23-man squad to face Hungary at Wembley.

Fabio Capello has called upon three players for the first time as he names his first squad since the World Cup.

Arsenal pairing Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs are included, as is Fulham forward Bobby Zamora.

Theo Walcott and Adam Johnson are both recalled having been included in the provisional 30-man squad but then were not involved for the World Cup.

Squad in full

Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers)

Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

For one, Rooney and Cole shouldnt be in there and shouldn't play for England for a long long time, and two..more importantly..this friendly is so lame. Milner can go get injured for all I care but if Ashley Young does :nono:

Locke. 07-08-2010 07:12 PM

Foster
Brown - Cahill - Dawson - Gibbs
Johnson - Wilshere - Barry - Walcott
Zamora - Cole

Imagine that team went out. They'd get absolutely battered

King Gizzard 07-08-2010 07:18 PM

I would go with

Hart

Johnson Cahill Dawson Gibbs

Young Wilshere Gerrard Johnson

Bent Cole

Shaun 07-08-2010 07:19 PM

**** the World Cup...2010 has been building up to this clash of the titans.

King Gizzard 08-08-2010 07:39 PM

Rofl...since then, Robinson has retired from International football and now Wes Brown too :laugh:

Big Brother Fan 08-08-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate (Post 3627319)
For one, Rooney and Cole shouldnt be in there and shouldn't play for England for a long long time, and two..more importantly..this friendly is so lame. Milner can go get injured for all I care but if Ashley Young does :nono:

Lol, have to laugh at that.

Again, England make a scapegoat out of a player they expected to preform miracles.

See David Beckham.

MissKittyFantastico 08-08-2010 08:57 PM

I'm really annoyed at the timing of this game, it's ridiculous having a friendly days before the PL kicks off.

Happy for Jags but it's meaningless really, he should have been in the WC squad, this means feck all. And if he plays and gets injured I'll be fuming.

King Gizzard 08-08-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Brother Fan (Post 3631595)
Lol, have to laugh at that.

Again, England make a scapegoat out of a player they expected to preform miracles.

See David Beckham.

No, he played absolutely crap, and is our best player, so there is a right to feel let down at him.

Big Brother Fan 09-08-2010 11:35 AM

You said 'He shouldn't play for England for a long time'

Perfect...if you don't want to win anything for a long time

30stone 09-08-2010 08:47 PM

Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers)

Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

------------Hart-------------

-Johnson-Dawson-Terry-Cole-

------Barry-----Lampard-----

--Walcott--Gerrard--J.Cole--

-----------Rooney----------

Different Possibilities..
Dawson out Jagielka in
Cole out Milner/Young in
Walcott out Milner/Young in

If he sticks to the ol' 4 - 4 - 2 then..

-------------Hart------------

Johnson-Dawson-Terry-A.Cole

Walcott-Barry-Lampard-Gerrard

-------Rooney-----Bent--------

Other possibilities again..
Dawson out Jagielka in
Walcott out Milner/ Young in
Bent out C.Cole in

I would love to see gibbs get capped as i really do think within a couple of years, he will be englands number one left back..

And And obviously hope wilshire does as well..

Locke. 10-08-2010 05:37 PM

Robinson - Retired from squad & international football
Brown - Retired from squad & international football
Bent - Pulled out from squad with injury
Foster - Pulled out from squad with injury

Watord's goalkeeper Scott Loach, and Blackburn's reserve keeper Frankie Fielding have been called up to the squad..... Oh my god :joker:

Chels 10-08-2010 06:04 PM

Now Scott Loach means you're reaaaally desperate LOL

MissKittyFantastico 11-08-2010 06:43 PM

England Team : Hart, Johnson, JAGIELKA, Terry, Cole, Adam Johnson, Lampard, Barry, Walcott, Gerrard (c), Rooney

Jags had better not get injured :nono:

30stone 11-08-2010 07:26 PM

Other than adam johnson this is the formation i said we should have used at the world cup.

But with milner or joe cole on the left..

That would have been good.

Omen 11-08-2010 08:23 PM

Bad call Mr Linesman.

30stone 11-08-2010 08:27 PM

Dawsons fault?

I havent seen it yet..

30stone 11-08-2010 08:30 PM

Dont believe they left adam johnson on!!!

He has been rather average, milner / young would have been better..

Omen 11-08-2010 08:34 PM

2 -1, keeper poor for the second.

30stone 11-08-2010 08:48 PM

That first goal was flying!
Unlucky for zamora to miss aswell.. would have liked him to score.

Great to see gibbs playing well, and i think walcott was far better than adam johnson..

MissKittyFantastico 11-08-2010 09:18 PM

Wasn't a goal for them imo and was Dawson's fault.

Two great goals from Gerrard, and Zamora should have scored as well.

Bit better perfomance but just felt a bit meh about the whole thing tbh.

setanta 11-08-2010 09:30 PM

Was there any boos during the match? Wasn't watching myself.

setanta 11-08-2010 10:21 PM

Wow, two fabulous goals from Gerrard. Very nice.

setanta 11-08-2010 10:37 PM

Wow, Capello basically said to the journalist that Beckham's days as an International footballer are over, and that's after he had stated that he's always available for an England call up. That's pretty shoddy stuff.

30stone 11-08-2010 11:13 PM

There was a lot of boo's yes.. Especially for Cole and Rooney..

Gerrard showed hes a great captain lead by example. showed a lot of heart..

For me Gibbs and Ashley young made a fantastic partnership down the left hand side...

Gibbs first minutes for England and he was fantastic for me..
Showed he has the talent to compete in the international team, definately think he will be cole's understudy.

Walcott was great aswell surprisingly why they kept adam johnson on and took waloctt off is beyond me as walcott set johnson up on a plate and he skyed it.. he was rather average.

Milner also made a difference when he came on.

Locke. 12-08-2010 12:10 AM

What happens when you give an Everton player a chance to play for England?... They score an own goal.