ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2011 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156383)

LaLaLand 18-08-2010 01:14 AM

WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2011

Seriously guys, if ANY of you have ever been interested in wrestling games you NEED to check this out.

It's out in October and it's mind-blowing compared to the previous installments.

http://www.thekoalition.com/wp-conte...12-417x480.jpg
(European cover)

Official updated website

**Roster**

Sheamus
The Miz
Randy Orton
John Morrison
John Cena
R-Truth
Triple H
Chris Jericho
Edge
Evan Bourne
David Hart Smith
Tyson Kidd
HBK Shawn Michaels
Batista
Mark Henry
Santino Marella
Ted Dibiase
Primo
William Regal
Zack Ryder
Vladimir Kozlov
Goldust
Ezekiel Jackson

Kane
Dolph Ziggler
Big Show
Jack Swagger
The Undertaker
Drew McIntyre
CM Punk
Kofi Kingston
Rey Mysterio
Christian
Luke Gallows
Matt Hardy
MVP
Chavo Guerrero
JTG
Shad
Cody Rhodes
Finlay
Chris Masters

Yoshi Tatsu
Vance Archer

Alicia Fox
Kelly Kelly
Melina
Beth Phoenix
Eve
Gail Kim
Natalya
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
Michelle McCool
Maryse

Bret Hart

---

DLC:
British Bulldog
Lex Luger
Wade Barret
David Otunga
Justin Gabriel
Layla
New attire for Shad
New attire for HBK
NXT Arena

(14 more characters unannounced, basically those released/no longer with WWE who are in the game and some 'secret'!)

Jayson 18-08-2010 02:23 AM

I remembered that SvR 2011 was coming out soon a few days back, I didn't realise how much new stuff was in it :O

LaLaLand 18-08-2010 11:12 AM

^^ They've totally overhauled it almost.

They've completely redone TLC match physics from the way you interact with weapons to how the tables break etc.

Hell in a Cell has been totally re-designed.

& now, the amazing bit. When you have normal Exhibition matches, the game recognises your opponents and what shape the match took and builds up its own rivalries with with cutscenes and attacks.

Say if you sneakily used a weapon in a match then the opponent would utomatically be a 'rival' which will translate into "WWE Universe" (the new story mode thing). It's all linked together.

In "WWE Universe" you free-roam backstage again and complete mini-tasks like cutting promos, attacks, being attacked all by yourself rather than it being predetermined with a set story.

It's all in OUR control, literally.

Ruth*Star 18-08-2010 04:01 PM

^Ooh, that sounds great, I only have a Wii so i'll be getting it for the Wii most definitely.

King Gizzard 18-08-2010 09:19 PM

Lets hope they actually have monthly updates so that it doesn't get out of date after the first month of its release like it did last year. I mean, when it released last year there were about 5-6 wrestlers on there that werent at the company anymore, and there were loads of wrestlers with the company that werent on there. I said this in the other thread but oh well..

Boothy 19-08-2010 08:31 PM

This game looks awesome! Last SvR i had was 2009. Can't wait for this one.

LaLaLand 19-08-2010 11:38 PM

^ Get SvR2010, it's amazing compared to '09. Seriously. I didn't think they could top alot of that but 2011 already has.

Honestly though mate, 2010 really is worth a buy, it's probably on eBay for like £10 or less now but it's awesome.

LaLaLand 11-09-2010 02:25 PM

Updated with roster and website link for those interested.

Looks like a BRILLIANT game.

Ramsay 11-09-2010 02:37 PM

HBK..are they serious?
outdated to the max

Grimnir 11-09-2010 05:55 PM

I dont think wrestling games will ever improve enough for me

I stopped buying new versions at SvR 2007

A WWE wrestling game with huge roster and about 10 REAL legends, with the chance to organise your own pay per views and seasons etc, than I might get

they should try make the matches more realistic so it resembles a real life WWE match

for example instead of a button press = one move, have it so a button press = a string of moves which are suited to the particular wrestler

during this animation of between 2 and upto 10 or so moves the opponent has the chance to counter by pressing a button at the correct time thus breaking the string of moves

and for finishing moves they can only be done once an opponent has below a certain amount of health and they are again a short string of moves ending with the actual finisher

so if it was the Undertaker his final 3 moves leading to finisher could be Old School, Chokeslam and Tombstone or other version clothesline, chokeslam, Tombstone