ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2010 [S7] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=572)
-   -   All this outrage over Gamu.. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163543)

bbfan1991 03-10-2010 08:39 PM

All this outrage over Gamu..

Shame she didn't get through but it's all putty in the producers hands, they will be loving that people are peed off and it guarantees more controversy/publicity for the show obviously.. just think how chuffed they were with Danyl and Jedward last year and all the hysteria that followed;).

We'll soon be over it by Saturday:joker:.

MargeryFan 03-10-2010 08:42 PM

Its the most pathetic and annoying thing about reality TV, 9 out of 10 times we carry on watching and forget about it.

Patrick 03-10-2010 08:44 PM

People need to shut the ****** up tbh though it's only X Factor, nothing like Big Brother were you can actually get pissed off if something happens.

Maia 03-10-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3825617)
People need to shut the ****** up tbh though it's only X Factor, nothing like Big Brother were you can actually get pissed off if something happens.

Totally agree. I'm still angry Mary got through though, I mean WTF.

Braden 03-10-2010 08:47 PM

i think i just jizzed over the contradiction in this thread tbqh.

bbfan1991 03-10-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 3825626)
i think i just jizzed over the contradiction in this thread tbqh.

Who from?:p.

Marsh. 03-10-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHarbinger (Post 3825621)
Totally agree. I'm still angry Mary got through though, I mean WTF.

What's wrong with Mary?
She can sing. Can't say the same for Katie "quirky, Paloma Faith wannabe" Weasel. Suppose Cher's debatable, but regardless of her singing abilities that girl has problems and shouldn't have been put through on those respects.
I can see a Nikita (?) happening with Cher, wherby she's pulled out halfway through for her behaviour.

Braden 03-10-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfan1991 (Post 3825630)
Who from?:p.

Patrick at how he's like yeah we can only do this when it's Big Brother, even though that shows not full of talent. And then The Harbinger agreeing with him, saying everyone should just shut up about it and then putting in the sentance that he's mad about Mary getting through :conf: [/slaging off]

I feel funny know.

MargeryFan 03-10-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3825617)

I would need to get angry quite a few times in a series for me to consider it a good one (on big brother). I'm more angry that xfactor has wasted an extra 2 hours of my life with this pointless judges houses nonsense. Just pick who you want and lets get on with it.

Kerry 03-10-2010 08:51 PM

I wasn't surprised TBH. She had the publicity but she did have her voice altered. Thered be an uproar if she made it

Zippy 03-10-2010 08:53 PM

Thankgod she missed out.

I just dont get her appeal. She seems a bit distant in interviews and I really dont think her voice is that great. She sang songs in a way that complimented her voice.

And her looks and general demeanor do not say star potential to me.

Bye bye Gamu.

Maia 03-10-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 3825635)
What's wrong with Mary?

Um she looks like an auditionee reject :p There were people more worthy of getting through than her.

Stacey. 03-10-2010 08:56 PM

She was a sweet girl, with an amazing voice. Shame she didn't make it in place of Rebecca tbh but yeah.

Marsh. 03-10-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHarbinger (Post 3825668)
Um she looks like an auditionee reject :p There were people more worthy of getting through than her.

And this is why we get lumbered with the Cheryl Cole's in the music industry and the Megan Fox's in the film industry. Talent should come before artifically altered looks.

Zippy 03-10-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 3825635)
What's wrong with Mary?

where to start....

Maia 03-10-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 3825687)
And this is why we get lumbered with the Cheryl Cole's in the music industry and the Megan Fox's in the film industry. Talent should come before artifically altered looks.

Yes obviously it should, but Mary's 'talent' is nothing special. There were people with far better vocal talent in Louis' group than her.

Marsh. 03-10-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHarbinger (Post 3825701)
Yes obviously it should, but Mary's 'talent' is nothing special. There were people with far better vocal talent in Louis' group than her.

In the final 32 altogether yeah, I agree. But in Louis category you gotta be joking. I think he went with the correct three out of an absolutely apalling line up.

Like Sharon said "It's like one flew over the cuckoo's nest"

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 03-10-2010 09:29 PM

After all this hype, if Gamu comes back as a wild card i'm afraid because she might suck aswell afterwards:hugesmile:

It's best to just leave it as it is and get on with it. I love amazing voices, if the girls can sing well i'll end up loving them anyway.

But John was still the best vocalist. If this was American Idol he would've got through. :(

Joelle. 03-10-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey.x (Post 3825679)
She was a sweet girl, with an amazing voice. Shame she didn't make it in place of Rebecca tbh but yeah.

WTF! Are you deaf or something??? Have you heard Rebecca's voice? She has a superstar voice and if one person deserved to go through in that category it was her by a long margin. But then again if Cher appeals to you it's clear you have absolutely no taste in decent music. Just you wait until she wins!

Zippy 03-10-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan_Sheet (Post 3826174)
Have you heard Rebecca's voice? She has a superstar voice and if one person deserved to go through in that category it was her by a long margin. But then again if Cher appeals to you it's clear you have absolutely no taste in decent music. Just you wait until she wins!

Yes, even Nicole said Rebecca had a superstar voice. And she knows about great voices as she actually has one herself IMO.

But dont be dissing Cher! :nono: