ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2010 [S7] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=572)
-   -   Katie Waissel: Time to give her a break (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167125)

stewart64 19-11-2010 09:42 AM

Time to give her a break

Imagine if Katie had got on the tour having come nineth like Aiden. It would have been lynch mob time and a hate fest in the red top press.

I welcome the decision to put Aiden through, but this highlights the unfairness of Katie's commentary on this forum and in the media.

She put in one of the performances of the series on Sunday night, but the boo mob have stopped listening to her and she is unfairly labelled as vocally challenged. And judging by some of the comments this week on this forum, the neutrals are coming down on her side, because if the haters make stupid comments like she can't sing it will arouse a sense of justice and fair play amongst those who previously didn't care.

Time for redress. Get the Waissel vote out this weekend please, keep the Great one in. unless of course you want to keep Sunday special as the Waisselfactor.

Niamh. 19-11-2010 09:50 AM

She sang ok on Sunday lets not exaggerate here! It was her best performance of the series but not one of thee best performances of the series by any stretch of the imagination.

She doesn't deserve to be there because everyone in there (bar maybe Wagner) is a better singer then her, that's the only reason nothing to do with bad press or anything else.

Lee. 19-11-2010 10:07 AM

Yeah, I agree. People are just expecting her to be bad now because of all the negativity surrounding her. People are forgetting to actually listen to how bad a few of the others are because it has become just a hate campaign directed at Katie. (althought thanbfully, the public saw sense last week and realised how atrocious Aiden actually was!)
So yeah, let's giver her a break this week.. Get Cher or Wagner out !

fruit_cake 19-11-2010 10:33 AM

I hope she gets judged on her singing ability not on all the madness surrounding her.. if thats the case she's gonna be out!

Niamh. 19-11-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fruit_cake (Post 3921325)
I hope she gets judged on her singing ability not on all the madness surrounding her.. if thats the case she's gonna be out!

Exactly. If anything she's getting special treatment and has lasted so long because of the negative press

fruit_cake 19-11-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamhxo (Post 3921329)
Exactly. If anything she's getting special treatment and has lasted so long because of the negative press

yup

Lee. 19-11-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fruit_cake (Post 3921325)

If the whole country came to its senses at once and decided to base the competition on singing ability, Wagner would be out: he's by far, the worst singer left, surely nobody could argue that point?! The whole show seems to have just turned into a game, a game controlled by the media and dafties who start internet campaigns.

fruit_cake 19-11-2010 10:44 AM

yes I agree Wagner is definately a worse singer than Katie!

Niamh. 19-11-2010 10:46 AM

Hopefully it'll be a double elimination on Sunday and they can both go:eureka:

StGeorge 19-11-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyland (Post 3921355)
If the whole country came to its senses at once and decided to base the competition on singing ability, Wagner would be out: he's by far, the worst singer left, surely nobody could argue that point?! The whole show seems to have just turned into a game, a game controlled by the media and dafties who start internet campaigns.

Yes..but arent you forgetting that this game was started by the Judges and production crew....but the public got fed up with the rules being manipulated and have started to fight back.

Lee. 19-11-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StGeorge (Post 3921363)
Yes..but arent you forgetting that this game was started by the Judges and production crew....but the public got fed up with the rules being manipulated and have started to fight back.

No, I genuinely don't believe the rules have been manipulated.

Z 19-11-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyland (Post 3921368)
No, I genuinely don't believe the rules have been manipulated.

Fair enough, but surely you can see the reasons why other people do believe that? I think it's a shame for Katie (and indeed all of the contestants) that five months ago they decided to audition for the X Factor and got put through their first audition, giving them a confidence boost that they are good singers - only to be turned into pawns in a game between the media, the X Factor producers and the public. Their talents are disposable and dreams are destroyed at the whim of "entertainment", you have to be the right combination of lucky, popular and talented to survive beyond the X Factor, something that only Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Diana Vickers seem to have managed. The jury's still out on Joe and Olly, but even if you include them - to have only had five acts from the X Factor to sustain success is an appalling ratio when you consider the number of good singers we've seen over the years. Katie and Wagner are the two weakest singers left in the competition; they need to go really.

stewart64 19-11-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamhxo (Post 3921329)

Well I hope you are right about the negative press thing working in her favour. I do actually believe it is a bit of a forlorn hope, but we definitely need to get her vote out this weekend, if four sing offs weren't enough warning. So in the immortal words of Shakespeare (and Steve from BB11 before the football match):-

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more
Straining upon the start. The games afoot
Follow your spirit, upon the morrow.
Cry 'God for Katie', England and Saint George.

Dr.Gonzo 19-11-2010 12:00 PM

She's just getting on my tits now, to the point of her singing ability not even being in question.

Locke. 19-11-2010 12:06 PM

It is ok I will give Katie a vote this week, and no one who the greatest person on earth votes for is ever in the bottom 2.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 19-11-2010 12:07 PM

push her down the stairs

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 19-11-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 3921418)
It is ok I will give Katie a vote this week, and no one who the greatest person on earth votes for is ever in the bottom 2.

Niamh. 19-11-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewart64 (Post 3921411)
Well I hope you are right about the negative press thing working in her favour. I do actually believe it is a bit of a forlorn hope, but we definitely need to get her vote out this weekend, if four sing offs weren't enough warning. So in the immortal words of Shakespeare (and Steve from BB11 before the football match):-

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more
Straining upon the start. The games afoot
Follow your spirit, upon the morrow.
Cry 'God for Katie', England and Saint George.

She needs to go now, the people have put her in the bottom 4 times which is sending Simon and co a strong message that we want her gone.

bbfan1991 19-11-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamhxo (Post 3921434)
She needs to go now, the people have put her in the bottom 4 times which is sending Simon and co a strong message that we want her gone.

They will get fed up of Katie once she has served her purpose like they did with Jedward.. they wanted her on the tour and it's happened. Katie has given the producers the controversy they want, so in business sense she's done them proud:).

Some people are so personal with their nastiness towards her:(, it's only a TV show and if some want to criticise her on the singing ability fair enough but we don't know the contestants and the personal comments are not on IMO:nono:.

Jack_ 19-11-2010 03:41 PM

Her Twitcam last night just highlighted how much of a genuinely nice person she is, IMO, and it blew all of the 'bitch'/other hate claims out of the water. I think it's appalling that there's rapists, murderers etc out there yet they're not receiving half as much 'hate' as a contestant off a TV talent show is [and she's not even done anything wrong].

I guess people in Britain crave someone in the public eye to 'bully' and criticise at every given opportunity. Doesn't matter what they've done [or even if they've done nothing at all] - if you're the unlucky one, then that's that. Pathetic, really.

Mystic Mock 19-11-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewart64 (Post 3921282)
Imagine if Katie had got on the tour having come nineth like Aiden. It would have been lynch mob time and a hate fest in the red top press.

I welcome the decision to put Aiden through, but this highlights the unfairness of Katie's commentary on this forum and in the media.

She put in one of the performances of the series on Sunday night, but the boo mob have stopped listening to her and she is unfairly labelled as vocally challenged. And judging by some of the comments this week on this forum, the neutrals are coming down on her side, because if the haters make stupid comments like she can't sing it will arouse a sense of justice and fair play amongst those who previously didn't care.

Time for redress. Get the Waissel vote out this weekend please, keep the Great one in. unless of course you want to keep Sunday special as the Waisselfactor.

whoes katie waissel?

Kazanne 19-11-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyland (Post 3921355)

Great post happyland,it's about time people took it back to an X Factor competition,and not a game as you say.:xyxwave:

Mystic Mock 19-11-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazanne (Post 3921651)
Great post happyland,it's about time people took it back to an X Factor competition,and not a game as you say.:xyxwave:

well if the judges are gonna turn it into a game then we the public will play them at there own game.

Jack_ 19-11-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedward fever (Post 3921652)
well if the judges are gonna turn it into a game then we the public will play them at there own game.

Eh? How have the Judges made it into a 'game'? Why do you still not understand? The Judges can vote for whoever they want. You do not have a say after the Bottom Two has been announced. That's it. It's not a 'game', it's their vote - a vote they're entitled to use in any way they wish. Their vote. Not yours, not mine, not the rest of the public's. Their's.

Mystic Mock 19-11-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 3921664)
Eh? How have the Judges made it into a 'game'? Why do you still not understand? The Judges can vote for whoever they want. You do not have a say after the Bottom Two has been announced. That's it. It's not a 'game', it's their vote - a vote they're entitled to use in any way they wish. Their vote. Not yours, not mine, not the rest of the public's. Their's.

when i said judges i meant simon cowell,and last year he voted rachel out over lloyd because it was her third time in the bottom two which i excepted,but why is he not doing the same with katie this year? treyc and aiden were much better singers and performers imo,yet he still saved katie when she hit it for her third and fourth time.

and peter sutcliffe cowell cant have changed that much in a year.