ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2010 [S7] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=572)
-   -   Matt Cardle: has Matt blown his chances? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167696)

Niamh. 26-11-2010 12:39 PM

has Matt blown his chances?

he thinks so:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Z 26-11-2010 12:43 PM

Just saying what a few of us have been saying on the forum: coming across as a sore loser because his mates have been eliminated will only affect his own popularity, I'm not sure if any of them seem to realise that trying to portray Wagner in a negative way is only increasing his popularity.

Niamh. 26-11-2010 12:46 PM

well he does now it seems!!

for me though I think he's the best singer in the competition so it doesn't change my view

Zippy 26-11-2010 12:57 PM

If he pulls a couple of great performances out then all will be forgiven. But he needs to concentrate on his performances because he's only been outstanding once IMO.

robb 26-11-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamhxo (Post 3939580)

Rubbish, and deep down he knows it. One Dimension were saying they weren't safe either. They are the only 2 acts who are.

Kazanne 26-11-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamhxo (Post 3939580)

I think Matt is saying what most sane people think (if this article is true),put yourself in his shoes or the others,wouldn't you feel the same,I know I would,maybe he shouldn't say it ,but fair play to him for being honest,I still would like Matt to win,but it's looking iffy for all of them now ,Wagner may just do it.

cub 26-11-2010 01:57 PM

I think he's speaking too much and is coming over as a bit desperate, which will turn some viewers off. I dunno why he thinks it's better that he wins when it's better he is a runner up. Let One Direction win and there's less pressure on him.

Look at JLS and Olly.

Niamh. 26-11-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazanne (Post 3939687)
I think Matt is saying what most sane people think (if this article is true),put yourself in his shoes or the others,wouldn't you feel the same,I know I would,maybe he shouldn't say it ,but fair play to him for being honest,I still would like Matt to win,but it's looking iffy for all of them now ,Wagner may just do it.

I absolutely understand where he's coming from but I do think he's directing his anger at the wrong person. It should be either the judges for putting him through or the public who are voting for him. I mean what does he expect Wagner to do step down?

Legend killer 26-11-2010 01:59 PM

That's not the only thing he has blown , just ask Aidan

Vicky. 26-11-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamhxo (Post 3939692)
I absolutely understand where he's coming from but I do think he's directing his anger at the wrong person. It should be either the judges for putting him through or the public who are voting for him. I mean what does he expect Wagner to do step down?

Erm no, the public are entitled to vote for whoever they chose to...and the contestants have no right to get stroppy about it.

That said, I dont think this sort of thing will affect his chances too much...I would imagine most of the contestants are a bit pissed off about it all, not just him. I do find his honesty refreshing too.

What they should all be more pissed off about though, is the obvious favoritism towards katie....yet that never seems to get mentioned. Wagner is the easy target ;)

Niamh. 26-11-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 3939700)
Erm no, the public are entitled to vote for whoever they chose to...and the contestants have no right to get stroppy about it.

That said, I dont think this sort of thing will affect his chances too much...I would imagine most of the contestants are a bit pissed off about it all, not just him. I do find his honesty refreshing too.

What they should all be more pissed off about though, is the obvious favoritism towards katie....yet that never seems to get mentioned. Wagner is the easy target ;)

Well yeah of course but I meant for those who are doing as a protest, I think that would be upsetting if you were in the contest, don't you?

Vicky. 26-11-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamhxo (Post 3939703)
Well yeah of course but I meant for those who are doing as a protest, I think that would be upsetting if you were in the contest, don't you?

Not really no. Its expected...jedward got the piss take vote last year and whilst they still put joke acts in the competition this will happen. His anger at Aiden going should have been directed at Simon for saving Katie for her 4th time.

I honestly think Matt would do better NOT winning too. Same with Rebecca. Though I still think Matt will win.

Zippy 26-11-2010 02:39 PM

Matt, Rebecca, Cher and One direction will all get record deals regardless.

Actually being runner up would be ideal for any of them tbh. The only ones who would benefit by winning are Mary, Wagner or Katie. Katie because she needs the boost in popularity and the other two because theyre not gonna release anything cool anyways so critics will hate them no matter what.

Stacey. 26-11-2010 02:41 PM

I hope so. I don't really think it'll make much difference though tbh, just because of a few comments about Wagner.

MTVN 26-11-2010 02:47 PM

Matt comes across as a bit of a dick to me, I feel quite sorry for Wagner, it's not his fault he's still in the competition

Dr.Gonzo 26-11-2010 03:16 PM

But he just said, 'It's a joke.' He didn't say, 'It's a joke and I hate Wagner and it's all his fault and I hate him and want to bite him and I'm gonna sing a hate song about him because I don't like him and he makes my bottom lip come out.' All he said was, 'It's a joke.' He didn't name names because it would be unprofessional and unkind. Also, he didn't need to name names because it's obvious. Because it's true. Most of us are thinking it. He was calling the situation a joke. Not Wagner, the man himself. And it is a joke situation where you have great singers leaving each week with that *******tard staying in to grope more dancers.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. I actually have more respect for him because of it. Rather than staying safe and keeping his mouth shut, nodding and smiling at the state of things, he's shown balls by telling it how it is. He can sing and is able to voice an opinion. What an arsehole!

O, and I don't think he's damaged his chances and shouldn't worry about Wagner. A joke can only be funny for so long.

Niamh. 26-11-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo (Post 3939865)
But he just said, 'It's a joke.' He didn't say, 'It's a joke and I hate Wagner and it's all his fault and I hate him and want to bite him and I'm gonna sing a hate song about him because I don't like him and he makes my bottom lip come out.' All he said was, 'It's a joke.' He didn't name names because it would be unprofessional and unkind. Also, he didn't need to name names because it's obvious. Because it's true. Most of us are thinking it. He was calling the situation a joke. Not Wagner, the man himself. And it is a joke situation where you have great singers leaving each week with that *******tard staying in to grope more dancers.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. I actually have more respect for him because of it. Rather than staying safe and keeping his mouth shut, nodding and smiling at the state of things, he's shown balls by telling it how it is. He can sing and is able to voice an opinion. What an arsehole!

O, and I don't think he's damaged his chances and shouldn't worry about Wagner. A joke can only be funny for so long.

and breathe.............. brilliant post though!

fruit_cake 26-11-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo (Post 3939865)
Rather than staying safe and keeping his mouth shut, nodding and smiling at the state of things, he's shown balls by telling it how it is. He can sing and is able to voice an opinion.

As Vicky already said, He's not saying how it is at all.. if he were doing that he'd have pointed out the obvious favouritism shown to Katie.. All he is doing is picking on what he sees as the easy target (Wagner) in order to make himself look and feel part of what he sees as the in crowd.

zzzZZzzZzZz
:sleep::sleep:

Dr.Gonzo 26-11-2010 03:31 PM

Yeh, OK Fruity. So you'd prefer him to pick on Katie instead. Gotcha.

fruit_cake 26-11-2010 03:33 PM

personally he can pick his nose for all I care Gonz

Dr.Gonzo 26-11-2010 03:35 PM

Maybe he'll do it for his second performance tomorrow.

fuzzylovin 26-11-2010 03:46 PM

I think hes a sore loser, and tbh since my 2 fav acts have gone ive started to like wagner just because everyone else doesnt.

Niamh. 26-11-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzylovin (Post 3939931)
I think hes a sore loser, and tbh since my 2 fav acts have gone ive started to like wagner just because everyone else doesnt.

eh he hasn't lost anything yet so how'd you figure that?:conf:

Stacey. 26-11-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzylovin (Post 3939931)

So you're just liking him to be different? :/

Strictly Jake 27-11-2010 12:03 AM

I dont get this series to be honest why is it all seeming to be based on newspaper articles this year?! Its peeing me off! Thats why the pathetic katie and wagner are still in. Its supposed to be a singing competition even though we have lost paije and aiden and treyc who can all sing. And gamu but I wont bring that back up. Matt hasnt blown his chances because he can sing. Wagner and katie cant. Therefore if the x factor is still about talent he should defo beat them. But no it doesnt seem to be about talent anymore, just whoever makes the headlines more and makes simon the most money will win. Oh I see its actually a new gameshow in the disguise of x factor! Wow katies playing it well. A prossie gran now. Ooh good tactics