ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Creative Writing and Books (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Harry Potter books in fave order. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169415)

InOne 19-12-2010 10:41 PM

Harry Potter books in fave order.

1. Prisoner of Azkaban - Think it's the only book that doesn't actively feature Voldermort, love the whole thing with Sirus and then Harry finding out who he really is.

2. Half Blood Prince - Great one this, seems darker than the others. Finding out about Voldermorts past and the mystery of the 'Half Blood Prince'

3. Deathly Hallows - Nice little road trip type book. The ending was kinda predictable but the bits inbetween made up for it all. Some nice little touches throughout and the Snape twist was rather epic. Dobby :bawling:

4. Goblet Of Fire - Quite liked this with the introduction of a lot of new characters and also there is also loads going on throughout the book. Was kinda annoying that Harry was the one who was in the TriWizard torny but guess you have to take that with a pinch of salt with the story. Also loved the port key bit.

5. Philosophers Stone - The first Harry Potter, takes a bit to get going for me to be fair, but once everything starts coming together and you find out about Hogwarts and stuff it gets pretty good.

6. Chamber Of Secrets - Really didn't like this book first time I read it but second time around enjoyed it a lot more. Liked the whole Riddle mystery thing.

7. Order Of The Phoenix - Least fave now, while it is a good book, really hated the whole DA thing, just didn't work for me and got bored of reading all the times they were in the ROR. Was quite interesting to find out about Sirius' past, but the way Harry reacted to him dying was very strained reading.

MTVN 19-12-2010 10:45 PM

1. Goblet of Fire

2. Chamber of Secrets

3. Half-Blood Prince

4. Deathly Hallows

5. Philosophers Stone

6. Order of the Pheonix

7. Prisoner of Azkhaban

Smithy 19-12-2010 10:45 PM

You hated Order of the Phoenix so much you didn't even mention it's name :shocked:

Shaun 19-12-2010 10:51 PM

1) Goblet of Fire
2) Deathly Hallows
3) Philosopher's Stone
4) Order of the Phoenix
5) Half-Blood Prince
6) Prisoner of Azkaban
7) Chamber of Secrets

Kerry 19-12-2010 10:53 PM

Not read them all yet but the third is my favourite as far as I can remember. I'm gonna read them again as my friend has got me (well my daughter) the rest to complete the collection apparently

InOne 19-12-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4007100)
You hated Order of the Phoenix so much you didn't even mention it's name :shocked:

Edited :tongue:

Tom4784 19-12-2010 10:55 PM

From favourite to least.

1. Order of the Phoenix - I think it's a great all round book and it's the first tiem we get answers to a lot of long standing questions. Plus there's like a stack of brilliant new characters introduced. Also I've never truly hated a villain like I did with Umbridge so points for that.

2. Deathly Hallows - It's brilliant, very emotional in parts and plus the last third is absolutely amazing and the first two thirds are pretty snazzy as well.

3. Goblet of Fire - It's the book I've read the most, I remember genuinely being shocked to the core by the ending as I didn't think that event would happen so soon.

4. Half Blood Prince - This used to be higher, It's still a brilliant book but it's ultimately a bridge inbetween OOTP and DH rather then a self contained story. It's got great character development though.

5. Prisoner of Azkaban - This used to be my favourite before the later books came out. I consider the series to be split in two halves. ou've got the first three books which function more as their own self contained stories and then you've got the second half where everything's more intricately linked. POA is the best book of the first half.

6. Chamber of Secrets - It used to be my least favourite book but after reading it recently I remembered it's merits again. It's got more of a thriller element to it which is unique to this book.

7. Philosopher's Stone - It's not a bad book but it doesn't age as well as the others.

Jessica. 19-12-2010 10:55 PM

I've only read three.
1. Deathly Hallows
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Chamber Of Secrets.
In that order of epicness <3

Jessica. 19-12-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4007100)

:nono:

Lewis. 19-12-2010 11:00 PM

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Deathly Hallows
3. Philosopher's Stone
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Order of the Pheonix
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Half-Blood Prince

InOne 19-12-2010 11:01 PM

poll for the lol

MTVN 19-12-2010 11:01 PM

I cant actually remember most of the books in any great detail tbh, I need to read them again sometime

Smithy 19-12-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 4007118)
:nono:

He edited [pffft]

Princess 20-12-2010 12:26 AM

I voted Deathly Hallows,properly because it's the freshest in my mind. I loved all the Ron and Hermione moments and I loved that every single thing that happened was really important. Plus it was a nice change not being in Hogwarts. Although there was way too much death. Ranking is way too hard though,I love them all.

Smithy 20-12-2010 12:29 AM

1) Deathly Hallows
2) Half-Blood Prince
3) Goblet of Fire
4) Order of the Phoenix
5) Chamber of Secrets
6) Prisoner of Azkaban
7) Philosopher's Stone

Callum 20-12-2010 12:35 AM

:lovedup:

1. Deathly Hallows. Read it so many times and never seem to get bored of it. I love how so many unanswered questions are answered and I love the road trip element. Love the ending too, Jo managed to end the series on such a high. Just an amazing book.

2. Half-Blood Prince. Love the references to Voldemort's past, the chapters when Harry and Dumbledore use the pensieve to see his history are brilliantly wrote. Love how everything's darker and the characters are much funnier and interesting in this book. Love how Snape is a major feature and we learn much more about him. Adore the whole horcrux story and when Harry and Dumbldore go to the cave to get the fake locket.

3. Order of the Phoenix. Actually really like learning more about Sirius and the Order. Love to hate Umbridge. Love Dumbledore's Army and the rebellion against Umbridge and when Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville and Ginny go to the Deparment of Mysteries are some of my favorite chapters ever. The whole love room, time room, brain room etc. fascinate me.

4. Goblet of Fire. Adore the Triwizard tournament. The three tasks are all amazingly brilliant, and when Harry duels Voldemort in the Graveyard is such an epic moment. So many good chapters in this book and how can I forget the Qudditch World Cup. :love:

5. Prisoner of Azkaban. Really like how this one is much darker than the first two. Love how so many amazing characters are introduced, Sirius, Lupin, Trelawney. The Dementors are spooky as hell but amazing at the same time. The Time Turner sequence is absolutely brilliant and another of my favorite chapters from the whole series.

6. Chamber of Secrets. Love the ending with Tom Riddle in the Chamber and the Basilisk, provides great suspense. When Harry and Ron fly Arthur's Ford Anglia is another highlight and the epic escape from Privet Drive. I like how the Weasley's are properly introduced in this one, I love the chapters in The Burrow.

7. Philosopher's Stone. Don't dislike this one but it's not as good as the others. Nice introduction to the story but I don't find Quirrell convicing as a villian even though he's secretly Voldemort but I do love meeting all of the characters and Hermione's snobbishness and imperior nature in this book.

Jords 20-12-2010 10:00 AM

Ive only read the first 4, cant remember them that well but Id say Philosopher's Stone.

Normally as a series goes on its quality decreases but seems all of you are rating Deathly Hallows! I have it but cba reading...

Stephanie 20-12-2010 10:08 AM

1. gof
2. dh
3. hbp
4. cos
5. poa
6. ps
7. ootp

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 20-12-2010 10:55 AM

i only read the first 3 :bawling:

out of those prizoner of azkaban

MissKittyFantastico 20-12-2010 12:01 PM

Half Blood Prince is my favourite book, I'll do my list properly later :)

Ross 20-12-2010 06:01 PM

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Chamber of Secrets
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Deathly Hallows
5. Philosopher's Stone
6. Order of the Phoenix
7. Half-Blood Prince