ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB8 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=569)
-   -   Davina: "No more Big Brother for me" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169826)

Marsh. 30-12-2010 05:17 PM

Davina: "No more Big Brother for me"

McCall: 'No more Big Brother for me'
Thursday, December 30 2010, 12:12 GMT
By Tom Eames, Big Brother Reporter

Davina McCall has stated that she does not plan on presenting any new series of Big Brother if it returns on Five or Sky.

According to The Press Association, McCall said: "It would be very difficult for me to step back in time. I spent a year saying goodbye and I feel like I've emotionally said goodbye."

The presenter added that she plans on working to take her mind off the reality show, which would normally be taking place in the summer, with the Celebrity edition usually commencing in January.

"In January I'll be absolutely manic with Got To Dance. And as for May, we're going away for the whole of the summer holidays with the kids."

Got To Dance returns for a second series on Sky 1 on January 9.

----------
Nothing new anyway but maybe she's a bit silly for saying she wouldn't do it and then in a couple of years when the works drying up and it's brought back she ends up doing it.
But the articles a bit weird considering she doesn't actually say she'd never do it. lol

InOne 30-12-2010 05:19 PM

Anything else shes done that is not done that is BB has sorta failed. Maybe she could bring back Euro Trash

Matt 30-12-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InOne (Post 4026045)
Anything else shes done that is not done that is BB has sorta failed.

She's been doing well for herself post-Big Brother - The Million Pound Drop and Got To Dance are two of the highest rating shows on Channel 4 and Sky1 respectively, and she's hosting The Biggest Loser and 'Long Lost Families' on ITV1 very soon (though I can't imagine either of those will do particularly well).

I think she'd consider Big Brother again if Channel 4 were to bring it back.

Rob 30-12-2010 05:32 PM

I really can't imagine a Big Brother without Davina, i kinda hope they don't bring it back on hearing this.

Jordan. 30-12-2010 08:36 PM

Easy for her to say now, she'd probably change her mind if it did come back.

Brekkie 30-12-2010 08:58 PM

At long last she is rational about her position on the show. Should a revival happen it wouldn't be in the shows interests to bring back Davina - it would need to be BB for a new generation, not BB for those mourning the loss of the original.

lostalex 30-12-2010 10:00 PM

maybe Julie Chen could do it live from Satelite? Or maybe they can just use some sort of hologram digital version of the Chen-bot?

the Chen-Bot should go international :)

Zippy 30-12-2010 10:17 PM

Davina will always get work. She's a reliable host. Mayne not on ITV or BBC but she has an audience elsewhere.

She doesnt say never again about BB. Never say never in showbiz.

Patrick 30-12-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 4026525)
maybe Julie Chen could do it live from Satelite? Or maybe they can just use some sort of hologram digital version of the Chen-bot?

the Chen-Bot should go international :)

No one likes Julie Chen.

I agree with Jordan,
It's easy for her to say that now with her Got To Dance and MPD doing great but if Big Brother is brought back next year, She's clearly going to regret not hosting it if it does well.

Which it won't actually.

I'm not sure who said it, I think it was Zippy or Dezzy in my other thread that if Davina has suddenly said 'No More BB For Me!' then obviously Endemol or Channel 5 or someone like that has asked her if she would do Big Brother 12.

The article and news of Davina resigning from Big Brother didn't just pop up from nowhere after a good 5 months off no Big Brother, something sparked this announcement from Davina and it clearly shows that Endemol may of found a buyer in Channel 5 and asked her to be involved.

The only thing is though,
Now that she's said no.. It's a question if Channel 5 would still want to even go ahead with Big Brother 12 now that Davina has turned her back on it.

Which is a shame.
Because with the right host such as Caroline Flack or Dermot O'Leary they could make BB12 amazing without Davina.

But people are very sceptical about embracing things that took over what they're use to!

For example when people remake classic films, they could be amazing but everyone will automatically brand it as a disgrace and such just because it isn't the one they seen in the 80s, a prime example of this being A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010.

Although there is a way for Endemol & Channel 5 to get past this actually,
If they get someone like Dermot to host the show, someone who was linked to the Original Big Brother, then people won't be as furious with Davina's abscence.

Another person they could consider would be Brian Dowling.
Everyone said he should be a Television Present and he won Big Brother 2 Times so it's very unlikely people will complain if he hosted it.

lostalex 31-12-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4026651)
No one likes Julie Chen.

liar.

Brekkie 31-12-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 4026555)
Davina will always get work. She's a reliable host. Mayne not on ITV or BBC but she has an audience elsewhere.

She doesnt say never again about BB. Never say never in showbiz.

And frankly you can count the number of female presenters capable of hosting a live prime-time show on one hand. Actually I only get as far as Tess Daly, Claudia Winkleman and Holly Willoughby!

In all truth the type of show Big Brother is means Davina should have gone a few years before it ended. She was a brilliant choice in the beginning because she was of the same generation as most of the housemates - and the target audience - and was interviewing them as a peer, not as a superior.

Since BB8 especially though the age gap became more and more evident and she was interviewing them as a mother, not a friend - partly due to Davina ageing, and partly due to contestants seemingly getting younger and younger, especially the girls. I've never had any qualms about Davina's capabilities as a host and my biggest problem with the eviction shows has always been the format, not the host - but unfortunately towards the end Davina's position became more about what she wanted and less about what the show needed.

Although arguably in Big Brother the role of the live show host is actually fairly minor when you think about it, in any comeback it a new host would be a major talking point leading up to the series, with speculation about who it is and how they would handle the show. If Davina were to be that host, much of the pre-series speculation would be stopped dead and any chance of a revival being seen as a fresh start killed off with it.

reece(: 01-01-2011 03:33 AM

Bring on the Chenbot, I say!

_Seth 01-01-2011 08:30 AM

Dermot or Konnie, please. <3

Brekkie 02-01-2011 01:32 PM

You did see the Xtra Factor right?

JamesWBB 02-01-2011 02:13 PM

Not Konnie, Lol, Davina need's to come back. She is the perfect host for Big Brother I belive. Although Dermot would be a great host too, but what are the chances?

_Seth 02-01-2011 03:16 PM

I loved her on Xtra Factor. :D

I think Dermot would be perfect. <3

dizzy bint 02-01-2011 09:50 PM

Brian Dowing should do it. Won twice and knows the show inside out.

Ninastar 02-01-2011 09:55 PM

thank god.

cub 02-01-2011 10:01 PM

If C4 brought back Big Brother, Davina would be gagging to get back on it.

It's only because it's dead she's saying, "D'you know what? I wouldn't come back to BB!" Pants on fire, Dave ...

keithafc 03-01-2011 12:19 AM

I think this is a good example of actually HOW DEAD Big Brother actually is. Perhaps everyone should wake up to it?

_Seth 03-01-2011 08:45 AM

If BB11 was as good as everyone says, it shouldn't be dead. :laugh:

Personally, I thought BB11 was the worst out of BB5-11.