ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Best Concert (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170451)

Niamh. 14-01-2011 02:22 PM

Best Concert

What was the best concert you've been to ? and which singer/band would you love to see but haven't yet?

For me Pearl jam was the best concert I've been to, I saw them live twice, once in Cork in 1996 and last year in Belfast. Last years was a better concert because Eddie Vedder interacted more with the crowd and played for longer but I was standing first time round and was able to get alot closer, my seat for the Belfast concert was pretty far away :(

And I really want to get to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers but haven't yet

Maia 14-01-2011 02:30 PM

Pixie Lott in Brighton :love: It was just an absolutely amazing day.

Would also love to see Pendulum or Amy MacDonald :)

Iceman 14-01-2011 02:37 PM

I have 4

Red Hot Chili Pepper - it was about 7-8 years ago in the Phoenix Park, my first proper concert (I'm not counting feeder), got to stand on my mates shoulders for By The Way seeing all the crowd was immense.

Arctic Monkeys - about 3 years ago maybe 4. Saw them in malahide Castle, I did a load of sneachta and it made the gig a million times better they played every song they had at the time brilliant.

Eminem - last year at Oxegen. I had a ticket to see him before but he cancelled and went to rehab. Finally got to see him and it was worth the wait, played around 30 songs and was the perfect end for a perfect weekend.

Limp Bizkit - In September i think it was. Been a fan for as long as i can remember, got in the pit for most of the songs, easily one of the best gigs i've been to.

Also there are only 3 bands I want to see and I get to see 2 of them in July :D

Blink 182, Foo Fighters, System Of A Down,.

Niamh. 14-01-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 4053327)
I have 4

Red Hot Chili Pepper - it was about 7-8 years ago in the Phoenix Park, my first proper concert (I'm not counting feeder), got to stand on my mates shoulders for By The Way seeing all the crowd was immense.

Arctic Monkeys - about 3 years ago maybe 4. Saw them in malahide Castle, I did a load of sneachta and it made the gig a million times better they played every song they had at the time brilliant.

Eminem - last year at Oxegen. I had a ticket to see him before but he cancelled and went to rehab. Finally got to see him and it was worth the wait, played around 30 songs and was the perfect end for a perfect weekend.

Limp Bizkit - In September i think it was. Been a fan for as long as i can remember, got in the pit for most of the songs, easily one of the best gigs i've been to.

:laugh2:

I'm so jealous that you've seen the Chili Peppers!:bawling:

Iceman 14-01-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4053329)
:laugh2:

I'm so jealous that you've seen the Chili Peppers!:bawling:

they were amazing......got to see The Pixies at that gig too and Groove Armada and all for free because the gig was 400 yards from my house!!!!

Niamh. 14-01-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 4053331)
they were amazing......got to see The Pixies at that gig too and Groove Armada and all for free because the gig was 400 yards from my house!!!!

I have the DVD of them live at slane and it's brilliant, it's my mission in life to see them live!

Iceman 14-01-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4053333)
I have the DVD of them live at slane and it's brilliant, it's my mission in life to see them live!

I hear they will be announced for Oxegen....you could do the day trip?? then me and Karl could say hello to ya!!!!!!

Niamh. 14-01-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 4053334)
I hear they will be announced for Oxegen....you could do the day trip?? then me and Karl could say hello to ya!!!!!!

hhhmmmm, I'd seriously consider going if The Chili Peppers were playing, that would be funny, to get a pic for MTMs!!:joker:

Iceman 14-01-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4053335)
hhhmmmm, I'd seriously consider going if The Chili Peppers were playing, that would be funny, to get a pic for MTMs!!:joker:

haha it would wouldnt it!!! well as far as I can tell they will be announced looking on forums everyone is saying they are a dead cert.....will know soon enough tickets go on sale in a month or so.

Niamh. 14-01-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 4053336)
haha it would wouldnt it!!! well as far as I can tell they will be announced looking on forums everyone is saying they are a dead cert.....will know soon enough tickets go on sale in a month or so.

keep me updated then

Lee. 14-01-2011 02:51 PM

David Gilmour in The Albert Hall. I cried it was so good :D

Niamh. 14-01-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyland (Post 4053342)
David Gilmour in The Albert Hall. I cried it was so good :D

and who have you not seen but want to?

Lee. 14-01-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4053344)

oh.. erm.. Pink Floyd, although that's never going to happen. I would have liked to have seen Michael Jackson too, but that'll never happen now either.

Oh Biffy Clyro! I'm desperate to see them live!

Niamh. 14-01-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyland (Post 4053348)
oh.. erm.. Pink Floyd, although that's never going to happen. I would have liked to have seen Michael Jackson too, but that'll never happen now either.

Oh Biffy Clyro! I'm desperate to see them live!

I would have to have seen Nirvana live but that's never going to happen either:bawling:

Ramsay 14-01-2011 03:08 PM

Pendulum at oxegen 2009 - amazing just so gooood the entire crowd was just crazy everyone was wacked on yokes which made it a million times better

ACDC - saw them 2 weeks before oxegen 09..so good..i snook into the pit even though i had no armband and was like 3 rows from the front..**** it was legendary

Lee. 14-01-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 4053366)
Pendulum at oxegen 2009 - amazing just so gooood the entire crowd was just crazy everyone was wacked on yokes which made it a million times better

ACDC - saw them 2 weeks before oxegen 09..so good..i snook into the pit even though i had no armband and was like 3 rows from the front..**** it was legendary

What a fantastic word!!

Niamh. 14-01-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 4053366)

SocietyIsRuined 14-01-2011 03:16 PM

Led Zeppelin at the 02 for the reunion. Haven't been to a concert since because nothing would compare. They were utterly fantastic and without their original drummer. Must have been the best live act in the world when they had Bonham sr. I mean Pearl Jam were great when I seen them back in 2000 but Led Zep were a juggernaught that night.

Who I would want to see is Dave Matthews with Tim Reynolds at one of their acoustic shows. Tim Reynolds can play the guitar like no one I've seen.

Angus 14-01-2011 03:26 PM

The Queen's Golden Jubilee concert in the palace grounds of Buckingham Palace in 2002 - a magical night, and fantastic to see Paul McCartney, Ozzie Osbourne, and Brian May - better still to be able to go with my two sons, who wouldn't be seen dead with me at a gig normally:joker:

Rammstein at the O2 Arena a few years back - fantastic gig, though I steered well clear of the mosh pit.

James Brown at Hammersmith Odeon in the mid 80s

Rod Stewart at Earl's Court many moons ago

The only person I always wanted to see but never did is Elvis.

I would love to see Blind Guardian and U2 live.

Sarah. 14-01-2011 03:34 PM

Fozzy @ Southampton. (20th October 2010) I've been to 11 of their gigs but this was my favorite because Chris gave me 2 setlists during the gig, waved at me and sang right into my face. lolololol.

But, if I were to see Paul McCartney live, I'd have to change my answer :) Life=complete.

LemonJam 14-01-2011 03:38 PM

Biffy Clyro. I sang nearly every song word for word :')

Niamh. 14-01-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonJam (Post 4053412)

and who you want to see but haven't yet?

Patrick 14-01-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollie. (Post 4053322)
Pixie Lott in Brighton :love: It was just an absolutely amazing day.

Would also love to see Pendulum or Amy MacDonald :)

This.

Lee. 14-01-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonJam (Post 4053412)

*jealous*

Vicky. 14-01-2011 03:50 PM

Haha, this is going to sound so uncool, but Busted.

I have the DVD of the concert I went to too :love: