ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   *Featuring* (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170852)

Kerry 23-01-2011 03:57 AM

*Featuring*

I'm getting really sick of songs *featuring* other people now. It's like a case of spot the one that isn't.... can't people make it on their own these days?!?!

lol 23-01-2011 10:25 AM

I don't mind em, but some songs are completely ruined by the people who are featured, for example Jay Z killed Linkin Park's Numb in my opinion.

However some ft songs can be good, like Slash ft Matt Shadows - Nothing to Say, and Apocalyptica ft Corey Taylor - I'm Not Jesus

Jords 23-01-2011 11:45 AM

I like features.

Z 23-01-2011 02:40 PM

They seem to be used to either introduce a new artist (i.e. established act introduces a new one) or a new artist features an established artist, or it's a collaboration between similar artists or totally different ones. I think I've covered all the bases there. I think the only kind that I really appreciate are two different types of musician working together, e.g. Linkin Park/Jay Z (despite someone up the thread saying they disliked it.) One of my favourite recent collaborations has been Keane ft. Tigarah - a Japanese female emcee. Bizarre mixes often create really interesting music. I dislike the current trend of grunge/rap artist(s) featuring pop acts (or vice versa) because they all sound really same-y. That said, I do have a soft spot for Tinchy Stryder/Amelle, Chipmunk/Esmee Denters and most recently T.I./Christina Aguilera... so yeah.

Iceman 23-01-2011 02:44 PM

Nah it doesnt bother me.....

Ramsay 23-01-2011 02:44 PM

Jay-Z and Linkin Park album is amazing

Stacey. 23-01-2011 02:46 PM

I prefer it when they don't feature people too, normally it happens you like one artist and don't like the other so :/ Like with Rihanna ft. Eminem - Love The Way You Lie. I love Rihanna but hate Eminem so I don't actually like the original much.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 23-01-2011 02:46 PM

willow smith ft nicki minaj > life

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 23-01-2011 02:48 PM

I be like bum diggety bum when i pop my gum,
They lookin dumb diggety dumb,
think they stopping something
I said excuse me honey,
I'm b-bugs bunny,
I'm bugs bunny,
ain't got my carrots,
you ain't got nothing for me
Cause we the mean girls y-yes we so fetch,
And when we in the yard be jumping double dutch.
We back to the future, pearl ya wit da best

:worship:

Patrick 23-01-2011 02:53 PM

Same, but today's music is bollocks compared to just a few years back.

2009 and 2010, God what a disgrace.
People like Justin Bieber, JLS, Tinie Tempah, Jay Sean, Lil Wayne, Katy Perry and Rihanna etc all ruling the charts.

It's bollocks.

All these bloody 'Featuring' songs are by artists who are talentless, so they go and call in some Black Guy who thinks he can rap or some idiot like Pit Bull to sing a verse in their songs, Crazy.

Shaun 23-01-2011 02:53 PM

I find it boring in excessive amounts. Such as the tendency for Usher, Will.I.Am., Nicki Minaj, T-Pain, Flo Rida, Lil' Wayne, Rihanna, Kanye...etc. to feature on each other's every single. When you have a whole album full of people 'featured' it's really not your work at all, is it? (take note, Tinie Tempah)

Niall 23-01-2011 03:43 PM

I hate when 2 artists do a song and one features another, then one of them releases the song again on their own as a part 2 or something. Its like ffs let it die. -_-

Smithy 23-01-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niall (Post 4068130)
I hate when 2 artists do a song and one features another, then one of them releases the song again on their own as a part 2 or something. Its like ffs let it die. -_-

*cough*Rihanna*cough*

Smithy 23-01-2011 03:46 PM

tbh, I quite like it when it's an actual collab and the person featuring has a verse or something, but when they have like 2 lines it pisses me off

Niall 23-01-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4068132)
*cough*Rihanna*cough*

Yeah I know. It pissed me off when she did it. I saw it on Loud and immediately thought "ugh why did you do that you douche -.-".

Alicia's was worse though. Empire State of Mind Pt 2. That just killed both songs for me. :bored:

Niall 23-01-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4068134)
tbh, I quite like it when it's an actual collab and the person featuring has a verse or something, but when they have like 2 lines it pisses me off

This.

MeMyselfAndI 23-01-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey. (Post 4068061)
I prefer it when they don't feature people too, normally it happens you like one artist and don't like the other so :/ Like with Rihanna ft. Eminem - Love The Way You Lie. I love Rihanna but hate Eminem so I don't actually like the original much.

This. It just makes me like the bit with Rihanna in. and anyway Rihanna part 2 >

Jords 23-01-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 4068067)
I find it boring in excessive amounts. Such as the tendency for Usher, Will.I.Am., Nicki Minaj, T-Pain, Flo Rida, Lil' Wayne, Rihanna, Kanye...etc. to feature on each other's every single. When you have a whole album full of people 'featured' it's really not your work at all, is it? (take note, Tinie Tempah)

Timbaland is bloody awful at doing that.

Jords 23-01-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niall (Post 4068130)

I really like follow ups!

Niall 23-01-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 4068471)

Most of the time I hate them because they don't build on the original song. Its just the original minus something. :bored:

Ninastar 23-01-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 4068062)
willow smith ft nicki minaj > life

thats right gurl, and who showed you it??? :D :D :D

Patrick 23-01-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 4068471)

I like follow ups as in Part 2 like Basshunter:

Now You're Gone, Angel In The Night, All I Ever Wanted, Miss You, Every Morning, Promised Myself.

Were all a story going on, well in the videos and myself and other fans loved to see how the story went on, so I like those kind of songs [or videos] that follow on, but seriously when Alica did Empire State Of Mind again I was like thinking,

I bet Jay Z is like 'You Cheeky Bastard' when Alica just blocked him out of the song for Part 2 :joker:

red 23-01-2011 07:19 PM

Alexandra burke is the biggest offender nearly all her singles have some American ****wit who thinks he can rap ,,and manages to make her songs sound 10000x even more annoying...which I didn't think was possible
So yea,, features must die :(

Ramsay 23-01-2011 07:20 PM

Basshunters music is the worst music ever recorded

reece(: 24-01-2011 09:42 PM

its to repetitive and is getting quite boring now with all the rappers getting female singers for a chorus

some examples are tinie tempah and aggro santos..

yawnn