ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB8 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=569)
-   -   Big brother repeats is a very big maybe! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171067)

Daniel McIver 28-01-2011 10:05 PM

Big brother repeats is a very big maybe!

Hey, I noticed someone suggested that channel 4 repeated old big brother on e4 or late at night. So as i agreed with this idea, I emailed channel 4 and i got a very intresting responce !
READ BELOW-

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding BIG BROTHER.

We have no plans to broadcast repeats of any series of BIG BROTHER, nor has this ever been something Channel 4 have done in the past. Your interest in seeing a repeat of the classic series will be logged however and passed to those responsible for our scheduling.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for your interest in our programming.

Regards,

Jack Gladney
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

- SO NOT A PROMISE BUT HAS BEEN PASSED ON AND NOW THIS MAYBE POSSIBLE ? WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK :hugesmile:

Beastie 28-01-2011 10:09 PM

Sounds good. If there is no bb12 coming along...... :( Then repeats will have to do! They should repeat series 1.. then series 2.. etc.....

Beastie 28-01-2011 10:10 PM

I will be interested in watching series 1 and 2 the most. I did watch them at the time but wasn't as obsessed as I have been in recent years.

Jordan. 28-01-2011 10:11 PM

They should have just released all the series on DVD. :bored:

Smithy 28-01-2011 10:11 PM

no chance :laugh2:

Beastie 28-01-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 4077892)
They should have just released all the series on DVD. :bored:

I agree with this. However maybe better showing the repeats on TV first.

Iceman 28-01-2011 10:12 PM

Thats a regular thing, I used to pass on stuff to my old boss...and by pass on I mean put in the bin...LOL

Daniel McIver 28-01-2011 10:12 PM

Yeah !

MTVN 28-01-2011 10:15 PM

I wouldnt get your hopes up :laugh:

Patrick 28-01-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4077895)
no chance :laugh2:

:joker::joker::joker::joker:

Ikr.
I do love how The Beast and her friends live in a Magical World.

_Seth 28-01-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 4077899)
Thats a regular thing, I used to pass on stuff to my old boss...and by pass on I mean put in the bin...LOL

Well that's evil! You should have passed them on.

Beastie 28-01-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4077991)
:joker::joker::joker::joker:

Ikr.
I do love how The Beast and her friends live in a Magical World.

I will get the last laugh Paddy boy if repeats end up being on!!

Patrick 29-01-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeast (Post 4078024)
I will get the last laugh Paddy boy if repeats end up being on!!

:joker:

I mentioned this myself months and months ago and it was laughed that but back then I was merely sugessting it as an idea.

You two are deadly serious and using some automated reply as a 'VERY BIG' maybe.

It's rather amusing, Especially the dude who actually made this thread.
I bet he got so excited over Channel 4 sending a robotic reply.

Pyramid* 29-01-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel McIver (Post 4077875)
Hey, I noticed someone suggested that channel 4 repeated old big brother on e4 or late at night. So as i agreed with this idea, I emailed channel 4 and i got a very intresting responce !
READ BELOW-

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding BIG BROTHER.

We have no plans to broadcast repeats of any series of BIG BROTHER, nor has this ever been something Channel 4 have done in the past. Your interest in seeing a repeat of the classic series will be logged however and passed to those responsible for our scheduling.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for your interest in our programming.

Regards,

Jack Gladney
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

- SO NOT A PROMISE BUT HAS BEEN PASSED ON AND NOW THIS MAYBE POSSIBLE ? WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK :hugesmile:

Passed on - straight into file 13. The bin.

It's nothing more than a generic but polite version of "thanks for taking the time but it ain't happening mate," fob off and go away, letter.

Beastie 29-01-2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4078168)
:joker:

I mentioned this myself months and months ago and it was laughed that but back then I was merely sugessting it as an idea.

You two are deadly serious and using some automated reply as a 'VERY BIG' maybe.

It's rather amusing, Especially the dude who actually made this thread.
I bet he got so excited over Channel 4 sending a robotic reply.

Nothing wrong with being positive Paddy. Plth.. just let us believe what we want to believe. Thanks.

Patrick 29-01-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeast (Post 4078230)
Nothing wrong with being positive Paddy. Plth.. just let us believe what we want to believe. Thanks.

There is when it's complete bull.

Hey I'll be optimistic, maybe in about 10 Years well get repeats.
Not a chance this silly email means anything though.

Stu 29-01-2011 11:39 AM

And who would watch repeats? Us lot? The ratings would not justify the timeslot. Only hardcore BB fans would be interested in watching old episodes. The show looses almost all it's value when it's not in a nightly, chronological, happening right now format.

I thought people would know better by now than to start threads based around Channel 4 email responses. Being positive is one thing, being deluded is another. I like to live in the real world. The show has ended. It was great for many years then a bit rubbish. I've discovered some other great TV shows. I suggest you all do the same.

InOne 29-01-2011 11:46 AM

I don't think I'd watch them. Started watching BB5 again and got bored on day 28

Patrick 29-01-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4078489)
And who would watch repeats? Us lot? The ratings would not justify the timeslot. Only hardcore BB fans would be interested in watching old episodes. The show looses almost all it's value when it's not in a nightly, chronological, happening right now format.

I thought people would know better by now than to start threads based around Channel 4 email responses. Being positive is one thing, being deluded is another. I like to live in the real world. The show has ended. It was great for many years then a bit rubbish. I've discovered some other great TV shows. I suggest you all do the same.

Tbf, there's nothing wrong with still showing support for a show you spent years watching Stu and I've discovered other shows aswell but I'm sure I'm not the only one that'll stay loyal to Big Brother.

The thing is though it depends what series they repeat, Big Brother 7 or Big Brother 5 I believe would get alot of people watching and I'm not talking like '5 Million' or even 3 Million but you know a fair amount for a repeat of a Reality Show that was dieing.

It would be great for them though to even just repeat a series every night at like 2AM or something when it doesn't really matter that much about how much it's hurting their channel when they could be putting 'something better' on.

And you may think 'Well who's going to watch any series if it's on at 2 in the morning?'
Well like you said, us lot.

I know I would and I'm sure alot of other BB Fans would and at the end of the day ratings at 2 in the morning wouldn't really matter.

Stu 29-01-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4078513)
Tbf, there's nothing wrong with still showing support for a show you spent years watching Stu

Err ... you said thebeast and Daniel were living in a fantasy world and that you will be optimistic in about ten years. You said pretty much exactly what I said in regard to being realistic about the show coming back and the email being bollocks. Why are you now saying this?

Supporting a dead show is one thing, being unrealistic is another. It's like thinking loving a dead relative enough will be enough to reanimate their fucking corpse.

Patrick 29-01-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4078515)
Err ... you said thebeast and Daniel were living in a fantasy world and that you will be optimistic in about ten years. You said pretty much exactly what I said in regard to being realistic about the show coming back and the email being bollocks. Why are you now saying this?

Supporting a dead show is one thing, being unrealistic is another. It's like thinking loving a dead relative enough will be enough to reanimate their fucking corpse.

Because you stated no one would watch the repeats, I obviously agree that there won't be any repeats but I was just saying hypothetically if there were any repeats they should be put on at 2AM as then it wouldn't disturb Channel 4's scheduling.

Daniel McIver 29-01-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4078513)
Tbf, there's nothing wrong with still showing support for a show you spent years watching Stu and I've discovered other shows aswell but I'm sure I'm not the only one that'll stay loyal to Big Brother.

The thing is though it depends what series they repeat, Big Brother 7 or Big Brother 5 I believe would get alot of people watching and I'm not talking like '5 Million' or even 3 Million but you know a fair amount for a repeat of a Reality Show that was dieing.

It would be great for them though to even just repeat a series every night at like 2AM or something when it doesn't really matter that much about how much it's hurting their channel when they could be putting 'something better' on.

And you may think 'Well who's going to watch any series if it's on at 2 in the morning?'
Well like you said, us lot.

I know I would and I'm sure alot of other BB Fans would and at the end of the day ratings at 2 in the morning wouldn't really matter.

Well Said Patrick!

fizzybee 29-01-2011 05:58 PM

I agree, but tbh I wouldn't be that riveted if BB12 started. Who's going to present it? Davina doesn't want to do it anymore so that would be dull without her. I heard Johathan Ross wants to but I will throw out my TV as I can't stand the guy. But if it does start up again I will be pleased as it is BB, but if not then I'm fine with watching repeats, especially as I didn't see BB 1-4.

DigitalSid 29-01-2011 09:45 PM

As with Brookside, Channel 4 no longer own the broadcast rights for the show required to do this. There is nothing however, stopping them putting previous series on 4od.

Jords 30-01-2011 01:04 PM

Nty.