ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor - USA (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=588)
-   -   Dermot misses out on USA job (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173095)

Tom. 15-03-2011 09:27 PM

Dermot misses out on USA job

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...on-Cowell.html

Looks like Cheryl has got it then, bye bye :xyxwave: hello Nicole :hugesmile:

Niamh. 15-03-2011 10:14 PM

well, he said he has the only Brit to make the short list so that means Cheyl hasn't got it, doesn't it?

\PJ/ 15-03-2011 10:19 PM

the sun, Seriously?

GypsyGoth 15-03-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4161159)
well, he said he has the only Brit to make the short list so that means Cheyl hasn't got it, doesn't it?

He prob meant the shortlist for the hosting job.

Niamh. 15-03-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyGoth (Post 4161168)
He prob meant the shortlist for the hosting job.

yeah, but Tom said looks like Cheryl got it then? or did he mean got on the panel? I'm confused:conf:

GypsyGoth 15-03-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4161169)
yeah, but Tom said looks like Cheryl got it then? or did he mean got on the panel? I'm confused:conf:

I think he meant he was the only brit who got shortlisted to do get the host job for the USXF.

And there has been a rumour that there could only be one other brit on the show as well as Simon, so if Dermot didn't get it, it might mean that Cheryl did, if that makes sense.

And yes I know Dermot's not a brit, but you know what I mean :hugesmile:

Beastie 15-03-2011 11:42 PM

Cheryl nobody Cole on the panel of X Factor USA?

Is this a joke? Even Simon is a bit of a joke nowadays. They were both ridiculous on the last series of the X Factor. Arse licking each other and not giving any constructive critism!

Randy, J-Lo, Steven >>>>> Chezza and Simon.

Beastie 15-03-2011 11:44 PM

It's a shame Dermot didn't get the gig in the USA. However.. what is the obsession with "cracking America". What's wrong with the UK? Stay with us :D Apart from Simon and Chezza.. I have now got all excited over new potential judges for the UK X Factor! Only Dannii deserves to stay!

Niamh. 16-03-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyGoth (Post 4161186)
I think he meant he was the only brit who got shortlisted to do get the host job for the USXF.

And there has been a rumour that there could only be one other brit on the show as well as Simon, so if Dermot didn't get it, it might mean that Cheryl did, if that makes sense.

And yes I know Dermot's not a brit, but you know what I mean :hugesmile:

he is, isn't he?

Tom. 16-03-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4161429)
he is, isn't he?

He's from Essex but he sees himself as Irish.

To clear the confusion up, Simon has said he will only take Cheryl or Dermot with him. Dermot has now confirmed himself that he hasn't got it, so Cheryl probably has.

Niamh. 16-03-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom. (Post 4161565)
He's from Essex but he sees himself as Irish.

To clear the confusion up, Simon has said he will only take Cheryl or Dermot with him. Dermot has now confirmed himself that he hasn't got it, so Cheryl probably has.

ahh ok, as a judge though rather then presenter? sorry I'm a bit slow:joker:

Tom. 16-03-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4161566)
ahh ok, as a judge though rather then presenter? sorry I'm a bit slow:joker:

Yeah either Dermot hosting XFUSA or Cheryl on the judging panel :joker:

Niamh. 16-03-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom. (Post 4161584)
Yeah either Dermot hosting XFUSA or Cheryl on the judging panel :joker:

I thought she was out as well, I can't see why the Americans would want her on a show with such a high profile. They'd surely want someone that people over there had actually heard of, especially when American Idol have JLo and Steve Tyler

BBfanUSA 16-03-2011 02:20 PM

I thought i read on digital spy that she will NOT be on the USXF

Angus 16-03-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 4161270)
Cheryl nobody Cole on the panel of X Factor USA?

Is this a joke? Even Simon is a bit of a joke nowadays. They were both ridiculous on the last series of the X Factor. Arse licking each other and not giving any constructive critism!

Randy, J-Lo, Steven >>>>> Chezza and Simon.

The Americans are going to have to put subtitles up whenever she opens her mouth, or perhaps she'll just turn on the fake tears (to show empathy), they're suckers for pseudo emotion. I don't see how she can be considered a credible judge when she's achieved so little herself outside the UK.

Benjamin 16-03-2011 02:37 PM

Cheryl hasn't got the Judging panel job. :bored:

Tom. 16-03-2011 02:41 PM

Theres nothing concrete to say Cheryl hasn't got the job whereas theres a direct quote from Dermot. Its all from "insiders" with Cheryl.

cub 16-03-2011 07:50 PM

I like Cheryl but she would be wrong in the US.

Simon, Paula Abdul, Justin Timberlake and Nichole Scherzinger please!

Callum 16-03-2011 08:07 PM

Latest I heard the panel is likely to be Simon, Cheryl, Paula Abdul and Tommy Mottola

Also it is confirmed that there's going to be two hosts

Tom. 16-03-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum (Post 4161884)
Latest I heard the panel is likely to be Simon, Cheryl, Paula Abdul and Tommy Mottola

Also it is confirmed that there's going to be two hosts

I wonder if Simon would want to replicate that over here? Holly could come back for the live shows :hugesmile:

cub 16-03-2011 09:13 PM

LA Reid's name has been mentioned.

Marsh. 16-03-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom. (Post 4161886)
I wonder if Simon would want to replicate that over here? Holly could come back for the live shows :hugesmile:

Noooooooooooooooooooo:bawling:

Zippy 17-03-2011 10:01 AM

'Who knows what factors will come into play? I don't know what they are looking for,' Dermot says, diplomatically.

If he were Cowell, though, which one of them would he take? 'I'd have us both. Seriously. I think there is room for three Brits on the show, but at the same time I get the fact that they might want an American doing the presenting.

'I'd be miffed if an American came over here and took a presenting job I thought I could do.'

Daily mail 22nd Jan

hope he's still so understanding :)

I never thought he'd get the job. They will want somebody who Americans are familiar with. Looking at other recent talent shows that have bombed in US(Dancing on ice and Paula Abduls new dance show etc) they had unfamiliar foreign hosts(like Vernon kay).

I also think Cheryl may miss out although thats not confirmed. Looking at the new AI panel and the judging panel for new upcoming talent show The Voice(Aguilera and Adam levine)I think they now feel the need to have a heavyweight line up judging. Cheryl would be a big gamble.

According to Billboard L.A. Reid(chairman of Def jam) has now left is job to become a judge on XF USA. He's said to have accepted an offer from Cowell. So that seems pretty certain.

Paula Abdul and Mariah Carey seem to be the other front runners.

Beastie 17-03-2011 01:26 PM

Mariah would be good! I was going to say Whitney Houston but she can't sing anymore. lol

I prefer Kara to Paula Abdul.....

Zippy 17-03-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 4162230)

I prefer Kara to Paula Abdul.....

Ewwww no way. You crazy?

have you not seen Hey Paula?

Kara is a dull nonentity who shoulda stayed in the background writing dull songs.