ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB8 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=569)
-   -   Hidden messages in logo (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174294)

Marsh. 10-04-2011 06:16 PM

Hidden messages in logo

Was this serious? Did the producers actually tell everyone that there were messages in the BB7 logo or was it more Daily Star bull****?

http://eatock.com/files/gimgs/5_dailystar.jpg

georgehudson 10-04-2011 07:37 PM

It was serious. Davina mentioned it and it was obvious anyway, basically the twisted eye represented that the series would be full of twists and turns (which it was.) And from then on each Eye had a obvious meaning/hint behind it :)
BB8 - Lots of different sections which were all different colours which represented/hinted that there would be loads of different charcters with different personalites (which there were.)
BB9 - The shattered Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would be put through pain and BB would be evil, the red part in the Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would have bloodshot eyes and be worn out and tired. Also, the Eye looked like glass which had been smashed which represented/hinted that the housemates would argue and would crack under the pressure (all of what has been mentioned happened.)
BB10 - The Eye was a thumb print which represents DNA and in the adverts it scanned over each line in the thumb print which represented/hinted that all of the housemates would have their own indetity and be individual (which sort of happened but the housemates were overall pretty crap.)
BB11 - The Eye was made of a reef which represented/hinted the end/funeral as normally the dead person's name is made out of a reef, so the Eye represented the end of BB on C4.

Hope that clears it all up for you :) It took forever to type out! ;)

Zippy 10-04-2011 07:47 PM

you know youre a nerdy geek when you actually even care about stuff like that

those descripts above look either very vague or very obvious. Nonsense.

Shasown 10-04-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgehudson (Post 4192958)
It was serious. Davina mentioned it and it was obvious anyway, basically the twisted eye represented that the series would be full of twists and turns (which it was.) And from then on each Eye had a obvious meaning/hint behind it :)
BB8 - Lots of different sections which were all different colours which represented/hinted that there would be loads of different charcters with different personalites (which there were.)
BB9 - The shattered Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would be put through pain and BB would be evil, the red part in the Eye represented/hinted that the housemates would have bloodshot eyes and be worn out and tired. Also, the Eye looked like glass which had been smashed which represented/hinted that the housemates would argue and would crack under the pressure (all of what has been mentioned happened.)
BB10 - The Eye was a thumb print which represents DNA and in the adverts it scanned over each line in the thumb print which represented/hinted that all of the housemates would have their own indetity and be individual (which sort of happened but the housemates were overall pretty crap.)
BB11 - The Eye was made of a reef which represented/hinted the end/funeral as normally the dead person's name is made out of a reef, so the Eye represented the end of BB on C4.

Ever thought of writing horoscopes for a living, you would do brilliantly given those in depth observations that actually reveal nada.

Marsh. 10-04-2011 08:16 PM

So according to georgehudson each eye represented:
- different people
- all individuals
- with different personalities
God, who'd have thought that putting 16 strangers in a house and you'd end up with differences?

By the way, it's "wreath" not "reef".

Unless you were referring to a:
http://www.solcomhouse.com/images/co...ef_florida.jpg

Stu 10-04-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Complete horsecrap.

None of the eyes bar series 5 and series 11 had a conscious meaning behind them that Daniel Eatock was instructed to put it. Series 5 was created to reflect the new harsh Big Brother and series 11 was obviously to represent the end of Big Brother. Everything in between is nothing but half baked fan speculation that is absoloutely baseless in claim.

The series 7 eye had no meaning either. A certain print version of it that appeared in the promotion [the one where it blended into a massive yellow/black spiral backround] had a sentence in it as part of the promotion but that's it. I think it just said something like 'Big Brother is watching' or something.

Marsh. 10-04-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Hinted at loads of different characters? On Big Brother? Get away.

That was intended to include all the colours of the rainbow after the Shilpa and Jade race row.

Stu 10-04-2011 08:27 PM

I always thought the BB9 eye was meant to represent a black dude walking though a glass window and getting a bit of blood on the corner of his hand.

It was designed to represent B Bro's malevolence or something.

Patrick 10-04-2011 08:32 PM

George you're looking well too far into it.

The BB9 Eye simply meant what the house looked like, with the traiangles and stuff.

The BB8 Eye was gay and camp just like the series.

The BB7 Eye was Swirly like Willy Wonka and was Gold - hence the golden tickets.

The BB5 Eye was Sharp and Evil like the House and Series.

That's it really.

The BB10 Eye had nothing to do with the series, The BB11 Eye was obviously a funeral one yeah.
But other than that, there's nothing more to it.

Stu 10-04-2011 08:36 PM

You have a point on the BB7 one. It was gold in the adverts although it was yellow everywhere else.

Niamh. 10-04-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

BB10 had the best HMs (for entertainment value) of all the series imo

Marsh. 10-04-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 4193087)

BB6 was the best line up for me. Even the considered dull housemates (Vanessa and Eugene) had something to contribute.

Niamh. 10-04-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 4193102)
BB6 was the best line up for me. Even the considered dull housemates (Vanessa and Eugene) had something to contribute.

yeah, 6 was very good as well actually, also 5

MusicMan 10-04-2011 10:20 PM

I think there was definitely meaning behind the BB9 eye, I heard someone on the show speaking about it (I forget who... maybe Davina, I'm not sure...)
But apparently the black is meant to represent peace and order, and the red splinter is meant to be war and chaos (or the other way round...!)
And the smashed effect --> sharp edges and points --> bad things! Simple geometric symbolism, as with BB5.
There were obviously links with the house design too as Patrick has mentioned, most noticeably with the wall design on the Hell side of the house (triangles), the kitchen (red and triangles), the garden walls (irregular shapes with harsh corners as opposed to rounded), and the frequent use of the red splinter motif, for example on the B-Block bedroom floor and on doors.
All things considered, and this is just for one series, I think the logos are a far cry from having no meaning. Whether the meaning behind it is more or less obvious - they wouldn't just have a random logo just because it looked 'nice'.

rm212 10-04-2011 10:28 PM

Yep, there was surely a meaning behind BB9, I loved that eye and house. The BB9 was supposed to represent the "zero-tolerance" BB theme that year and the triangles in the house.

Mac Hiavellian 10-04-2011 10:33 PM

BB1 - an all seeing eye, basic
BB2 - I think I read t was supposed to represent cabin fever which would relate to the house having lots of bright colours and wood work
BB3 - erm?
BB4 - ooh?
BB5 - obviously evil
Panto - what it says on the tin
BB6 - supposed to be shattered but I think BB9 was more like that
BB7 - it was twisted
BB8 - multicultural esp after CBB5
Celebrity Hijack - E4 takeover, youthful
BB9 - shattering - kinda relates to the intended zero tolerance
BB10 - identity because of that 1 week of reflecting on 10 years of BB
CBB7 - obvious hell theme
BB11 - wreath to symbolise death and kinda related to the carnival theme

Stu 10-04-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicMan (Post 4193286)
I think there was definitely meaning behind the BB9 eye, I heard someone on the show speaking about it (I forget who... maybe Davina, I'm not sure...)
But apparently the black is meant to represent peace and order, and the red splinter is meant to be war and chaos (or the other way round...!)
And the smashed effect --> sharp edges and points --> bad things! Simple geometric symbolism, as with BB5.
There were obviously links with the house design too as Patrick has mentioned, most noticeably with the wall design on the Hell side of the house (triangles), the kitchen (red and triangles), the garden walls (irregular shapes with harsh corners as opposed to rounded), and the frequent use of the red splinter motif, for example on the B-Block bedroom floor and on doors.
All things considered, and this is just for one series, I think the logos are a far cry from having no meaning. Whether the meaning behind it is more or less obvious - they wouldn't just have a random logo just because it looked 'nice'.

Well of course the graphics will tie in with the house. That's just common sense and building a visual identity. It still doesn't mean the eyes have meaning beyond that though. The logos are a far cry from having meaning. The vast majority of them are just cool designs. It goes to show how good they are that they make people insist they have some sort of underlying subtext when they usually don't.

georgehudson 11-04-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 4193016)
So according to georgehudson each eye represented:
- different people
- all individuals
- with different personalities
God, who'd have thought that putting 16 strangers in a house and you'd end up with differences?

By the way, it's "wreath" not "reef".

Unless you were referring to a:
http://www.solcomhouse.com/images/co...ef_florida.jpg

Well either way the meanings were real, but thanks for being so ungreatful. T***.

georgehudson 11-04-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4193051)
George you're looking well too far into it.

The BB9 Eye simply meant what the house looked like, with the traiangles and stuff.

The BB8 Eye was gay and camp just like the series.

The BB7 Eye was Swirly like Willy Wonka and was Gold - hence the golden tickets.

The BB5 Eye was Sharp and Evil like the House and Series.

That's it really.

The BB10 Eye had nothing to do with the series, The BB11 Eye was obviously a funeral one yeah.
But other than that, there's nothing more to it.

I'm not. They are thinking about all of what I mentioned when designing the eye.

georgehudson 11-04-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Rubbish.

It was a rubbish series and had rubbish housemates. BB9 had the best housemates for sure.

georgehudson 11-04-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4193453)
Well of course the graphics will tie in with the house. That's just common sense and building a visual identity. It still doesn't mean the eyes have meaning beyond that though. The logos are a far cry from having meaning. The vast majority of them are just cool designs. It goes to show how good they are that they make people insist they have some sort of underlying subtext when they usually don't.

Dont be stupid. Of course they do. :rolleyes:

Patrick 11-04-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgehudson (Post 4194263)
I'm not. They are thinking about all of what I mentioned when designing the eye.

Daniel Eatock designs the eye[s] months ahead before the series begins, before the producers even know what housemates are going into the series.

So how exactly was the BB10 or BB8 Eyes designed to represent the housemates when Daniel Eatock had no clue of who was going in, nor did the producers?

georgehudson 11-04-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4194282)
Daniel Eatock designs the eye[s] months ahead before the series begins, before the producers even know what housemates are going into the series.

So how exactly was the BB10 or BB8 Eyes designed to represent the housemates when Daniel Eatock had no clue of who was going in, nor did the producers?

They know the outline of what they want when they are designing the eye.

Stu 11-04-2011 07:17 PM

Come on admit it George ... you can't find your arse with both your hands.

Niall 11-04-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

They were all so unlikeable though. D;