ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   PSN ****storm (New Attempted Hack) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175010)

Scarlett. 23-04-2011 07:51 PM

PSN ****storm (New Attempted Hack)

STEPS TO AVOID POSSIBLE IDENTITY THEFT/FRAUD

1. Don't trust ANY emails, consider setting up new email accounts
2. Watch out for mail/telephone scams
3. If you use the same password as you used on PSN for anything else, CHANGE IT, and change your PSN password as soon as it comes back online
4. Keep a CLOSE EYE on your bank statements, make sure EVERY purchase/outgoing fund is accounted for

Stu 23-04-2011 07:55 PM

And on the day I bought Killzone 3. Pretty annoying stuff. I wanted to get onto Vidzone for some drunken music video fun too tonight because my 50 quid speakers have blown out from channeling the synth through them.

Scarlett. 23-04-2011 07:56 PM

It's hard for me to be annoyed at them, it's not their fault, it's those lifeless hackers who spend their lives in front of a computer coding crap - plus PSN is free :D

Doogle 23-04-2011 07:58 PM

Argh

Stu 23-04-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 4211254)
It's hard for me to be annoyed at them, it's not their fault, it's those lifeless hackers who spend their lives in front of a computer coding crap - plus PSN is free :D

True. And it's much more open platform. Steam will eventually come to PSN and even Bethesda are talking now about pushing Skyrim mods onto consoles which is a bitch with Micro$oft because they have this content lisense thing going on.

They managed to have mods on Unreal Tournament III on the PS3 so heres hoping it will happen with Skyrim. I'll shit myself if it does.

I don't have a strong enough PC to do a good Oblivion game but the mods people have made are amazing. A Morrowind conversion, the entire province of Elsweyr being playable with full quest and story, you name it.

Scarlett. 23-04-2011 08:50 PM

I see the PS3 as more like a Single Player console, due to the amount of good quality exclusives xD

Niall 23-04-2011 09:48 PM

I actually hate them for this. I'm dying to play the Portal 2 co-op. And I wanna sign into Steam on my PS3 so I can get Portal 2 on my computer. :bored:

The thing is, Sony regularly take PSN offline for maintenance whereas Microsoft never need to do that with Xbox Live. :conf2:

Stu 23-04-2011 10:02 PM

Add me on dEpEchEmodE___ [three underscores] Niall.

I'd be up for Portal co op or Black Ops or whatever some time.

Tom4784 23-04-2011 11:58 PM

I almost feel sorry for the hackers, when Sony catches them they'll be hung out to dry. They won't be left with a penny.

Doogle 24-04-2011 12:00 AM

Why is anyone sad enough to hack though? Ugh PSN really pisses me off. This is why I'm rarely on it. It always seems to be down for maintenance and they only just this year added Crash Bandicoot 2 to the PS Store. I hope it's fixed soon, I want to show off my new trophies for when Lego Harry Potter arrives. :joker: Plus I wanna go on Black Ops and hear a bunch of kids moaning about how PSN was down and that they bought an Xbox & Live in the mean time to continue playing Black Ops. That's always fun.

(Doogle_666, add me ;))

Niall 24-04-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4211388)
Add me on dEpEchEmodE___ [three underscores] Niall.

I'd be up for Portal co op or Black Ops or whatever some time.

Okay will do. :)

Niall 24-04-2011 10:06 AM

Its day four of no PSN now. This is beyond ridiculous. Xbox Live never goes down, Sony don't give two sh!ts about their customers. Idc if its someone hacking the system, they could at least make more of an effort to get it back online. I am actually so glad I got an Xbox earlier in the year as well, Xbox Live is miles better than PSN.

I just hope so much that it gets fixed like tomorrow. I'm dying to play Portal 2 online, I've finished the single player already. :sad:

Tom4784 24-04-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niall (Post 4211873)
Its day four of no PSN now. This is beyond ridiculous. Xbox Live never goes down, Sony don't give two sh!ts about their customers. Idc if its someone hacking the system, they could at least make more of an effort to get it back online. I am actually so glad I got an Xbox earlier in the year as well, Xbox Live is miles better than PSN.

I just hope so much that it gets fixed like tomorrow. I'm dying to play Portal 2 online, I've finished the single player already. :sad:

To be fair they are doing the right thing, if hackers can bring the PSN down then they can get to everyone's accounts and cause havoc. Best to sort out the problem and make people a little peeved rather then have something liek that happen and have everyone raging.

Josy 24-04-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

Another update from the Ps3 blog.

Niall 24-04-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 4211894)
To be fair they are doing the right thing, if hackers can bring the PSN down then they can get to everyone's accounts and cause havoc. Best to sort out the problem and make people a little peeved rather then have something liek that happen and have everyone raging.

Thats true but they could give us more of a time frame as to when everything is gonna be sorted. :sad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 4211903)
Another update from the Ps3 blog.

I saw that earlier hehe. I wonder why it was hacked..

Josy 24-04-2011 10:58 AM

It was supposed to have been that Anonymous mob that hacked it, I think they have been watching too much V for Vendetta tbh :joker:

Scarlett. 24-04-2011 11:02 AM

They want to bring Sony down for some stupid reason

Niall 24-04-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 4211909)
It was supposed to have been that Anonymous mob that hacked it, I think they have been watching too much V for Vendetta tbh :joker:

:joker:

But srsly they are ruining my life. :bawling:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 4211915)
They want to bring Sony down for some stupid reason

It must've been Geohot (the one that keeps bringing out Playstation hacks) or someone.

Josy 24-04-2011 11:10 AM

I had a good laugh at some of the comments on the ps3 blog yesterday, some people were acting as if it was the end of the world :laugh:

Niall 24-04-2011 11:14 AM

Ikr some people go so over the top. :laugh:

Apparently they put out an update on Twitter on Friday I think saying "So what everyone doing tonight?" and loads of people started tweeting back saying "Well I won't be on PSN. >: (" and stuff like that. :joker:

Scarlett. 24-04-2011 12:08 PM

A Sony representative has posted about the PSN/Qriocity suspension on the PlayStation blog, saying that the company is essentially rebuilding its online system. Patrick Seybold, senior director of Sony's corporate communications and social media, says that the process is time consuming but necessary, and he thanks Sony's customer's for their patience.

"We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online," wrote Seybold. "Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

"We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available."

Niall 24-04-2011 12:27 PM

I want PSN back now askldjfl;asdf :bawling:

_Seth 24-04-2011 12:44 PM

I hope that nothing gets lost from PSN.

When I eventually get my own PS3 I wanna be able to download all the previous stuff I have. =/

Locke. 24-04-2011 12:51 PM

I wanted to play Fifa online for the first time in months today aswell :bored:

When is it expected to come back online?

Josy 24-04-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 4212035)
I wanted to play Fifa online for the first time in months today aswell :bored:

When is it expected to come back online?

No one knows yet.