ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB8 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=569)
-   -   I Hate The Sun Because .... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175045)

Daniel McIver 24-04-2011 03:12 PM

I Hate The Sun Because ....

.....The First time they mention big brothers return is when someone writes into the newspapers saturday magazine complaining that bb is returning to channel 5.Every other newspaper reported it except the sun,what have they got against the programme? A really manipulative newspaper,they did this as well in the last general election,attempting to influence the publics votes! :mad:

CharlieO 24-04-2011 03:14 PM

i swear i saw an article on it the day it was confirmed. i may be mistaken though.
could you link the article you mean?

Stu 24-04-2011 03:14 PM

They are fully entitled to not care about our precious little show.

Also what the hell is a multipltive?

CharlieO 24-04-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4212231)
They are fully entitled to not care about our precious little show.

Also what the hell is a multipltive?

think he means manipulative.

Daniel McIver 24-04-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieOsborne (Post 4212235)
think he means manipulative.

Yeah,i did,sorry,massive spelling mistake! :D

Marsh. 24-04-2011 04:17 PM

They wouldn't have got half the stories they have over the years without BB.

And they're just as tacky if not tackier than BB, so don't know why they're on a high horse.

the_last_remaining_fan 24-04-2011 04:38 PM

I'd say this is more to do with politics of newspapers and less to do with Big Brother.

Gillian-73 24-04-2011 05:06 PM

As a liverpool football fan i wouldn't have a clue what they do or not print! not read that paper for 22 years nor will again!!

Daniel McIver 24-04-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian-73 (Post 4212479)
As a liverpool football fan i wouldn't have a clue what they do or not print! not read that paper for 22 years nor will again!!

Im a liverpool support as well and i've got lots of family up north. They were disgusting what they printed about our club,so pleased no one in liverpool buys it anymore

joeysteele 24-04-2011 06:15 PM

I don't think many people read the Sun for any news as such, its such a bigoted paper anyway.
It was as the poster said above disgraceful in its reporting as to Liverpool.

They will however I dare bet have BB all over its front pages if there is any controversy while its on, as I said somewhere else on this, the Sun was the whole trumpet section of the Orchestra tearing Jade to pieces with the Shilpa incident.
It never was off their front pages but then to capitalise on her death it near hailed her as a Saint.
It is a paper with not an ounce of morals or credibility,no wonder its only 30p to buy and that is the reason it sells so many.
I know people who only buy it for the problem page,some daft romance story in it each week and the TV and Showbiz news.

It also has working for it and has columns for them too, 2 of the most bigoted, prejudiced political dinosaurs spouting off, namely Kelvin Mckenzie (who is like birds mess and is all over the place) and Trevor Kavanagh.

Truly a paper to be ignored,but I even know people who buy it because they always have but never even look at it!

MusicMan 24-04-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 4212593)
I even know people who buy it because they always have but never even look at it!

My parents do that, it frustrates the hell out of me coz they even moan about how awful the sun is but they still pay their 30p contribution each day.

It is page after page of trash.

But I am partial to a bit of Dear Deirdre... :spin:

billy123 24-04-2011 07:29 PM

Dont fund the scum.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_azWmV5p47R...uy+the+sun.gif

http://www.dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/

joeysteele 24-04-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicMan (Post 4212651)
My parents do that, it frustrates the hell out of me coz they even moan about how awful the sun is but they still pay their 30p contribution each day.

It is page after page of trash.

But I am partial to a bit of Dear Deirdre... :spin:

I know, you are right,it is amazing to think just because of habit people buy something to read but never bother to.
As you point out also, likely it's bought for the problem page more than anything else.

Joe. 24-04-2011 08:07 PM

I hate the sun because I burn and it brings out my freckles -_-

Patrick 24-04-2011 08:12 PM

Snipe removed

So someone actually wrote in to complain about BB?
Probably one of those ******s from the Mothers Against Big Brother Campaign, wankers.

If people hate BB just ****** off and let us be, Honestly.
The Sun was excellent in Summer '08 for BB Coverage, I remember I was in Spain and they kept me up to date with all the goings on in Big Brother 9, then in BB10 they just went quiet and ignored it.

MusicMan 24-04-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe. (Post 4212704)
I hate the sun because I burn and it brings out my freckles -_-

:laugh::laugh:

georgehudson 25-04-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 4212355)
They wouldn't have got half the stories they have over the years without BB.

And they're just as tacky if not tackier than BB, so don't know why they're on a high horse.

BB isn't tacky. :nono:

georgehudson 25-04-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4212710)
Snipe removed

So someone actually wrote in to complain about BB?
Probably one of those ******s from the Mothers Against Big Brother Campaign, wankers.

If people hate BB just ****** off and let us be, Honestly.
The Sun was excellent in Summer '08 for BB Coverage, I remember I was in Spain and they kept me up to date with all the goings on in Big Brother 9, then in BB10 they just went quiet and ignored it.

Oh.. My.. God..

A 'TiBB Staff' has removed your 'snipe'.. Honestly, some people are so pathetic it's unreal. :rolleyes:

Locke. 25-04-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian-73 (Post 4212479)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnot (Post 4212657)

:thumbs:

Jordan. 25-04-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4212710)
Snipe removed

:joker::joker::joker:

BB_Eye 25-04-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnot (Post 4212657)

Kelvin MacKenzie really is a cunt of the first degree.

joeysteele 25-04-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB_Eye (Post 4213015)
Kelvin MacKenzie really is a cunt of the first degree.

I think he needs help especially the way he rants like a madman,he is so opinionated and won't let other people speak either,I agree with you.

Why he is always on TV programmes is beyond me, unless he's very cheap to get for them.

Daniel McIver 25-04-2011 10:38 AM

I remember in bb5 , every saturday it appeared on their front cover, even some weeks there was a mini pull out mag just about bb! Look at it Now!

the_last_remaining_fan 25-04-2011 10:55 AM

Think about it, why would the Sun come to the aid of a show that is basically run by the Daily Star now. Yeah, that would make a lot of sense, not.

Stu 25-04-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgehudson (Post 4212989)
BB isn't tacky. :nono:

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

*sigh*