ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Voice (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   The Voice(new US talent show) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175516)

Zippy 05-05-2011 11:40 PM

The Voice(new US talent show)

anybody watch this?

I think its really promising and it could be the show to replace XF over here. It has Aguilera, adam Levine(Maroon5) and Cee-lo as judges.

They first hear contestants sing with their backs to the stage. If they like what they hear they spin their chairs round to face the singer for the first time. If no judge turns their chair round then the singer gets booted off. But if more than one judge turns round the singer then chooses which judge they want as their mentor. Kinda like XF.

I like it so far and the judges have good banter. 8/10

Beastie 05-05-2011 11:43 PM

No.

Shaun 05-05-2011 11:45 PM

I hope it's broadcast over here at some point - the judges are generally pretty good (I'm not so keen on Adam Levine's music credentials but I guess he's been in the biz for a while) and I like the premise.

Matt 06-05-2011 01:23 AM

I'm really enjoying it, finding it much better than X Factor. I like all four of the judges.

I can't imagine it making it on to any UK channels though, except maybe Channel 5 - Richard Desmond said The X Factor was 'on his shopping list' and right now The Voice is the next best thing. He was also rumoured to be talking to its creator John De Mol about The Golden Cage.

Zippy 06-05-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 4228862)
I can't imagine it making it on to any UK channels though, except maybe Channel 5..

do you mean show the US version or create a UK version? I can see a UK version being made by ITV1 or BBC1. I dont think ch5 could afford it tbh. Its success in US must make it pricey.

Matt 06-05-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 4228874)
do you mean show the US version or create a UK version? I can see a UK version being made by ITV1 or BBC1. I dont think ch5 could afford it tbh. Its success in US must make it pricey.

Both, although I don't think any channel would show the US version if they weren't making a UK one.

ITV almost certainly won't touch it as long as they've got The X Factor, which they have for the next three years. I wouldn't rule BBC1 out, but I do think they'd be cautious about buying another reality series now that So You Think You Can Dance is flopping.

Patrick 06-05-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 4228862)
I'm really enjoying it, finding it much better than X Factor. I like all four of the judges.

I can't imagine it making it on to any UK channels though, except maybe Channel 5 - Richard Desmond said The X Factor was 'on his shopping list' and right now The Voice is the next best thing. He was also rumoured to be talking to its creator John De Mol about The Golden Cage.

...Yes, like 9 Months ago - as an alternative to Big Brother 12.

Patrick 06-05-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 4228910)
Both, although I don't think any channel would show the US version if they weren't making a UK one.

ITV almost certainly won't touch it as long as they've got The X Factor, which they have for the next three years. I wouldn't rule BBC1 out, but I do think they'd be cautious about buying another reality series now that So You Think You Can Dance is flopping.

3 Years of X Factor?
Oh God.

It won't be renewed after that though.
Everyone knows this next series will fall on it's arse and it will be the series that brings X Factor down and turns the public against it - kinda like BB8 did with Big Brother.

Then I'm sure ITV would want something like this 'Voice' thing to jump in and replace X Factor.

ILoveTRW 06-05-2011 07:33 AM

Hey hey hey hey hey, i already posted this, find your own threads!
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?p=4212909

BBfanUSA 06-05-2011 10:23 PM

we can just merge the threads

Been Watching this show and the battle rounds look *******ing Epic!!!

And this show has a chance
gained 1 mil viewers from the first Blind Auditions to the 2nd (11 mil to 12 mil a good number for a freshman show in the us)

I am worried about how the live shows could go as i heard they will go into hyperdrive after the battle round

BBfanUSA 19-05-2011 09:08 PM

the show has exceed my expectations

8 of the 16 spots have been swallowed up

but one note the show went down to 10 mil last week thanks to the idiot programming chief at NBC probably will be 10 mil next week but the live shows will be 2 hours long again

Doogle 19-05-2011 09:13 PM

Hold on what channel is this on (if it's on) in the UK? :conf:

Zippy 19-05-2011 09:16 PM

I like it and its a bit brutal.

I do think the aspect of it just being about the voice is a bit bogus. That was only true at the very beginning. Since then its really just being judged like any other and I do think the judges are taking looks into account as always. They want viewers votes after all and they know looks will count to some degree.

But I like :)

^its not on in UK. You have to DL it or find a stream. I DL it.

BBfanUSA 25-05-2011 07:49 PM

yay The Voice is going to the UK

anyway i thought this week was so so loved the last 2 performances

that was cuteness overload by the Thompson Sisters

BBfanUSA 21-10-2011 12:11 PM

Well im bringing this back from the dead
Javier Colon won the show
Picked up for season 2 will premire after the super bowl
All coaches are on for season 2

The uk version is getting Jessie J as a coach

rk3388 23-10-2011 03:56 AM

Framps shouldve won :(

BBfanUSA 23-10-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4678765)
Framps shouldve won :(

she was within 1% tho. I think they might of already recorded the blind auditions. They've been talking to the coaches and they've said there on set

Also there's been rumors that Agulera is going to be dropped at the end of the season over here. The production company (which does survivor) denied these rumors

BBfanUSA 24-10-2011 08:30 PM

Blind Auditions have not happened

appearantly they have alot of singers this time around as the voice band has 200 songs and supposed to learn 130 of them

BBfanUSA 30-10-2011 02:25 AM

Christina Millan is replacing Alison Hayslip as the "backstage" social media correspondant.

12 singers will be a part of each team which means the competition will be longer and the blind auditions will be longer

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ditions-254841

BBfanUSA 12-11-2011 05:04 PM

They're showing Ads already for blind auditions with some of the new singers this season. Also a slightly redesigned blind audition set