ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   R.i.p. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175818)

LeatherTrumpet 14-05-2011 02:57 PM

R.i.p.

What is the obsession with this silly phrase?

Everytime a celeb dies forums are full of RIP so and so.

They are dead, not resting and there is no peace as there is no heaven and hell?

What is it with some people?:nono:

Stu 14-05-2011 03:02 PM

Didn't you start this topic before?

It's just become a generalized sign of respect I guess. Chill out.

Stu 14-05-2011 03:02 PM

Happy fruitless decomposition process, dead celebrity!

LeatherTrumpet 14-05-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4240322)
Didn't you start this topic before?

It's just become a generalized sign of respect I guess. Chill out.

Yes but more people have died and still it is being used. There is no respect associated with it, it is jargon and actually disrespectful.

LeatherTrumpet 14-05-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4240324)
Happy fruitless decomposition process, dead celebrity!

If only that would catch on. :hugesmile:

Stu 14-05-2011 03:05 PM

I dont see how it can be disrespectful when it's accepted as a sign of respect by the vast majority of people, y'know? You gotta admit most people don't think like you do on this one.

What's up with this no heaven and hell bollix anyway. Thought you were a man of the lord? Was it a work all along?

I missed this whole conversion process I think.

LeatherTrumpet 14-05-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4240329)
I dont see how it can be disrespectful when it's accepted as a sign of respect by the vast majority of people, y'know? You gotta admit most people don't think like you do on this one.

What's up with this no heaven and hell bollix anyway. Thought you were a man of the lord? Was it a work all along?

I missed this whole conversion process I think.

How was jail?

InOne 14-05-2011 03:08 PM

Rot In Peace

Stu 14-05-2011 03:08 PM

:joker:

Straight answerin' as ever. The Babylon have not outpaced me yet.

Come on. Where's Jesus gone?

Pyramid* 14-05-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 4240326)
Yes but more people have died and still it is being used. There is no respect associated with it, it is jargon and actually disrespectful.

It's a marked sign of respect for the passing of a life. I don't really see how anyone could consider it disrespectful. I think you may find yourself in the minority on this one: most who have died who have not been evil gits in life, have the right and the decency from other human beings that may have had any effect on them, to be wished a peaceful passing onto their next life if they (the deceased) believed in such.

*OP, have you had a dearly loved one die, someone who was incredibly close to you? I am beginning to think you haven't*

BB_Eye 14-05-2011 03:15 PM

How is this for a u-turn?

LeatherTrumpet 14-05-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyramid* (Post 4240339)
It's a marked sign of respect for the passing of a life. I don't really see how anyone could consider it disrespectful. I think you may find yourself in the minority on this one: most who have died who have not been evil gits in life, have the right and the decency from other human beings that may have had any effect on them, to be wished a peaceful passing onto their next life if they (the deceased) believed in such.

*OP, have you had a dearly loved one die, someone who was incredibly close to you? I am beginning to think you haven't*

Yes I have and when they are dead that is it. respect for the dead is a horrible archaic nonsense. I also believe all graveyards should be bulldozed and built on.

Pyramid* 14-05-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 4240549)
Yes I have and when they are dead that is it. respect for the dead is a horrible archaic nonsense. I also believe all graveyards should be bulldozed and built on.

Great idea. What about brothels?. May as well go the full hog!

Stu 14-05-2011 04:45 PM

It'll be a necrophiliacs dream.

Pyramid* 14-05-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4240584)
It'll be a necrophiliacs dream.

*Covers mouth to stifle griin* !!

LeatherTrumpet 14-05-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyramid* (Post 4240572)
Great idea. What about brothels?. May as well go the full hog!

What about them, they are few and far between.

Stu 15-05-2011 10:34 AM

We need more of them.

Zippy 15-05-2011 10:36 AM

serious debate?

Pyramid* 15-05-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 4240614)
What about them, they are few and far between.

Suggests you check out some of your local massage parlours, lot of extras going on if you know where to look - better still, ....or if you feel adventurous, take a trip over to Amsterdam, Thailand.

As for the dead, R.I.P. will remain a respectful sentiment.

Pyramid* 15-05-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 4242532)
serious debate?

You read my mind Zippy....hence my final sentence on my last post.

joeysteele 15-05-2011 10:55 AM

I like the term, for those who have no beliefs of anything at all after death,at least especially if the person had lots of traumas in life they are now free of that once they die. for those who do believe that there is some part of our energy that goes elswhere after death or is stored for some reason after death the term Rest In Peace has greater meaning obviously.

I can't see how anyone would not hope,no matter what does or doesn't occur after death that at least the person was now at peace.

I could never agree with bulldozing grave and church yards, Some people need that place to feel at one with loved ones who have died and burials are not cheap,they cost far more than cremation.I visit my Grandmothers grave, I call it her garden not grave and feel uplifted I can go and place flowers on it and I get a warm feeling doing that.She was very special to me and of course its respect.

Marsh. 15-05-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 4240326)

You are a moron.

When your loved one dies just throw them away. No respect.

Pyramid* 15-05-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 4242551)
I like the term, for those who have no beliefs of anything at all after death,at least especially if the person had lots of traumas in life they are now free of that once they die. for those who do believe that there is some part of our energy that goes elswhere after death or is stored for some reason after death the term Rest In Peace has greater meaning obviously.

I can't see how anyone would not hope,no matter what does or doesn't occur after death that at least the person was now at peace.

I could never agree with bulldozing grave and church yards, Some people need that place to feel at one with loved ones who have died and burials are not cheap,they cost far more than cremation.I visit my Grandmothers grave, I call it her garden not grave and feel uplifted I can go and place flowers on it and I get a warm feeling doing that.She was very special to me and of course its respect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 4242554)
You are a moron.

Welll said.

LeatherTrumpet 15-05-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 4242532)
serious debate?

About as serious as "Do women have the same sex drive as men?"

:rolleyes:

LeatherTrumpet 15-05-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 4242554)
You are a moron.

I like your discussion style. You disagree and call me a moron?

All you have done is identify with your accusation