ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Dr Dre - Detox is Cancelled (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176944)

Iceman 06-04-2010 05:54 PM

Dr Dre - Detox is Cancelled

Dr Dre has confirmed that his comeback single 'Under Pressure' featuring Jay-Z could be released in as little as two weeks.

The pair were rumoured to be working together after a photo surfaced on Twitter of the rappers in the studio together.

Dre told CNBC: "Hopefully, we'll be releasing 'Under Pressure' in the next two weeks or so, and I'm definitely gonna be putting the album out this year, finally. I think everyone is gonna be happy with it.

"I'm just trying to finish this record, finally get it done, get it out and start promoting it."

The hip-hop star's new LP Detox has been ten years in the making and will feature contributions from Nas, T.I., Lil Wayne and R. Kelly.

Dre has previously stated that this record will be his last.

*His last major solo release was The Next Episode

Captain.Remy 06-04-2010 06:05 PM

Finally !! Jesus, it's unreal to make us wait like that.

Iceman 06-04-2010 06:08 PM

chineses democracy springs to mind.......just hoping it wont be as bad as that! but **** dre and Jay-Z have a feeling this will be a huge summer song already!

Captain.Remy 06-04-2010 06:09 PM

It is going to be huge, I feel it. Dr Dre is too awesome to fail, he's the definition of epicness. :hugesmile: Time to show who the daddy is.

Iceman 06-04-2010 06:11 PM

relpase 2 coming out aswell......and the games last album and 50 cents.....rap making a big return?????

Captain.Remy 06-04-2010 06:47 PM

I do hope so. Too sad 2Pac isn't here anymore. When 2Pac showed his face, you knew shit was going to go down.

Ramsay 06-04-2010 07:35 PM

yes!!!

Fowley 06-04-2010 07:42 PM

awh man ****in delighted:hugesmile:

Iceman 09-04-2010 07:48 PM

Dr Dre has revealed that he has been listening to a lot of Kraftwerk as he completes work on his long-awaited comeback album Detox.

Over ten years in the making, the producer is currently putting the finishing touches to the follow-up to 1999's 2001. He recently announced details of the record's first single 'Under Pressure'.

Dre has now admitted that he has been embracing an eclectic range of music genres in order to help fuel his creativity during the mastering process.

He told Reuters: "I've been listening to a lot of old '60s and '70s music. Things like Kraftwerk and Parliament Funkadelic. I've really been listening to a lot of Kraftwerk.

"Kraftwerk had a really big inspiration on the beginning of hip-hop. My tastes change with the season. Right now it's Kraftwerk. I'll see what happens this summer."

Iceman 29-10-2010 04:48 PM

Detox Is Still Coming

Eminem has revealed that he and Dr Dre have been collaborating on new tracks.

In a phone interview with his Sirius satellite station Shade 45, the rapper declined to give details about the songs but teased that fans may get to hear them in the near future.

"I'm in the studio with Dre now, let's just say that," he said.

"Pretty soon he's going to make a beat and I might rap on it."

Asked if the tracks may appear on Dre's forthcoming LP Detox, Eminem answered: "Other than that I can neither confirm nor deny."

Nicki Minaj recently praised Eminem's appearance on her debut album Pink Friday, claiming that the duet "gave life" to the record.

MissKittyFantastico 29-10-2010 04:58 PM

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Iceman 29-10-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissKittyFantastico (Post 3875953)
:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Or maybe a new eminem album or the reissue of recovery??????????????

Iceman 20-11-2010 04:24 PM

Eminem feat Dr. Dre - Need A Doctor

Eminem turned to Dr. Dre to help him get out of his funk when the two hit the studio to work on the Detroit lyricist's post-hiatus comeback LP, Relapse. Now, it looks like the tables have turned.

On Dre's "I Need a Doctor" — the second leak in as many days from the producer's long-awaited Detox — Em lowers the boom on his mentor saying his "perfectionist" rep is leaving the legend stuck in the mud.

"It hurts when I see you struggle/ You come to me with ideas/ You say they're pieces, so I'm puzzled," Eminem raps over the Alex da Kid produced-number. " 'Cause the sh-- I hear is crazy/ But you're either getting lazy/ Or don't believe in you no more/ Seem like your own opinion is not one you can form/ Can't make a decision/ You keep questioning yourself, second guessing, it's almost like you're begging for my help/ Like I'm your leader, you're supposed to be my mentor/ I can endure no more/ Don't you remember who you are."

Throughout the track, an emotionally charged Eminem references his own struggles and Dre's assistance and notes the super-producer's personal troubles as well, citing his son's death. Dre then rhymes about the pair's history, from "Guilty Conscience" to his own indecisiveness.

"Went through friends, some of them I put on, but they just left," Dre raps. "They said they was riding to the death/ But where the f--- are they now, now that I need them?/ I don't see any of them, all I see is Slim."

Last month, Eminem revealed he and Dre were in the studio, presumably putting the final touches on Detox. "I'm in the studio with Dre now, let's just say that," Em said in an interview on his Shade 45 satellite radio station. "Pretty soon he's going to make a beat and I might rap on it."

Do you think Dre's Detox will ever be completed? Tell us in the comments!

Iceman 20-11-2010 10:01 PM

Iceman 20-11-2010 10:02 PM

Love this!

Smithy 20-11-2010 10:27 PM

The song's called Need A Doctor, and if it isn't on Dre's album because of the leakage, it might be on the rerelease of Recovery :D

Iceman 20-11-2010 10:28 PM

Changed :D

Iceman 19-12-2010 11:23 PM

Dr Dre - "Detox" Get's ANOTHER Release Date

Dr Dre's delayed third and final album Detox is to be promoted on the iPhone game Mafia Wars.

According to Yahoo News, Dre has teamed up with the game's developer Zynga to incorporate music from his upcoming release within the game itself.

The report claims that the album's first single 'Kush' will be streamed on Mafia Wars upon its release.

The partnership is a first for the social game developer, who are best known for their Facebook game FarmVille.

As well as incorporating Dre's music, Mafia Wars will also include a number of special branded items that players will be able to purchase.

Detox is scheduled to be released in February 2011.

Iceman 19-12-2010 11:23 PM

before he comes in, **** you smithy :(

Smithy 19-12-2010 11:25 PM

:amazed:

hahahahah

Smithy 19-12-2010 11:25 PM

*runs to choose GaGa pic*

Iceman 19-12-2010 11:25 PM

*dies*

Smithy 19-12-2010 11:28 PM

Going through all these pictures must be what clothes shopping is like to a woman

Iceman 19-12-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4007236)
Going through all these pictures must be what clothes shopping is like to a woman

what looking at them all and going damn thats fugly.

Smithy 19-12-2010 11:43 PM

No, the shopping where they go and they like all the clothes but can only afford one dress