ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Do you have/want children? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181462)

Lewis. 15-08-2011 08:21 PM

Do you have/want children?

Probably been a thread about this before but cannot find it as when I search for what I have put in the thread title it only searches for the word 'children'. :nono:

I'd like 5 I think :laugh: It's simply because at home I live with my real brother, but when we go over to dads there are 5 of us (one step brother, one step sister and one half brother. then one real brother and me) but we've kind of grown up as the 5 of us and we are all so close and although it can be chaos sometimes there is such a great atmosphere when we are all together and I wouldn't trade my childhood for the world, most of it has been so good because I've had 4 other companions to share it with. I'm the eldest of the lot (16,15,14,12+9) so it's quite sad growing up and leaving them all behind but I can't wait for when we all have kids and have one massive Christmas together :laugh: The hectic lifestyle is so great when we're on holiday too as we're never bored :)

Kerry 15-08-2011 08:23 PM

Have one. May have more

joeysteele 15-08-2011 08:24 PM

My 3 much older Brothers have lots of Children between them, I don't really know if I do or not, I guess if I meet the right person and it happens then yes I will want them then.

Hopefully not for a long time though.

Legend killer 15-08-2011 08:27 PM

Man i only just turned 18 it's all about trying to get as many ladies as i can untill im 30 than it is time to think bout kids

nicole_burks 15-08-2011 08:28 PM

I'm one of three..
I would just want a boy and girl and that'd be perfect :love:

Chuck 15-08-2011 08:29 PM

I dont want children because:

1 - I dont like children;
2 - It's very expensive to raise a child, I'd rather buy a beach house;
3 - I'm gay and I wont have enough patience to explain to people all the time that two men/women can raise children just as well as a "normal" couple etc. :sleep:
4 - There's already one person that cries in my bedroom who feels lonely and wants attention every night, I dont need another one.

Firewire 15-08-2011 08:30 PM

I would love to have children, but since I'm gay it would be difficult for me to have them of my own. So once I settle down I may adopt in the future but I don't know just now.

Vicky. 15-08-2011 08:30 PM

I really dont know. At the moment Im probably the least maternal person I know. When gavs kids come over, they just piss me off...and I feel awful for it. Even my sisters baby pisses me off. I dont know where this has come from because a few months ago I couldnt get enough of babies :/

I feel like somethings just gone wrong inside me :S

CharlieO 15-08-2011 08:31 PM

Sometimes I think I want children but sometimes I feel as if I don't/shouldn't.

I'd love to have that traditional family where everyone is happy ect however I always hear people say that when they get older they just turn into their parents and because my childhood has not been pleasant I don't think I could live with myself if I made other human beings go through what I did. Also at this age I don't think I could make a concrete decision on it. Plus if I am still the way I am now when I am older I need my own personal space/time to stay sane and with children that would become increasingly difficult.

Patrick 15-08-2011 08:31 PM

Yes, when but I'm gonna just have an awesome life up until I'm like 25 and find a hot enough girlfriend to have kids with.

Lewis. 15-08-2011 08:32 PM

Would need to find the right girl though - can't stand some of the vile creatures that stroll onto Jeremy Kyle with their 4th child to find out the DNA results yet again.

Z 15-08-2011 08:32 PM

I dunno, I don't really think about it all that often but if I did have children, I would definitely want to have at least 3, maximum 4. I'm the middle brother (32, just about 20, 16) and although the age gap is quite big, the three of us get on really well. I think it's kind of, I dunno, inconsiderate to just have one child if you are planning to have a family, in the sense that only children have a kind of limited upbringing. They don't learn social skills that those with siblings do, in my experience, like learning to share, understanding the value of money (obviously that's a relative thing, but I mean that only children are the sole focus of their parents' parental affections, so they get more from their parents than those with siblings do) and learning certain manners and habits...

Stu 15-08-2011 08:32 PM

I'm twenty years of age. I'm not even going to begin to contemplate this question for years and years.

Patrick 15-08-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4469637)
I'm twenty years of age. I'm not even going to begin to contemplate this question for years and years.

:shocked:

*Always thought you were 17-19*

Chuck 15-08-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis. (Post 4469635)
Would need to find the right girl though - can't stand some of the vile creatures that stroll onto Jeremy Kyle with their 4th child to find out the DNA results yet again.

They're so amazing :lovedup:

Lewis. 15-08-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee (Post 4469636)
I dunno, I don't really think about it all that often but if I did have children, I would definitely want to have at least 3, maximum 4. I'm the middle brother (32, just about 20, 16) and although the age gap is quite big, the three of us get on really well. I think it's kind of, I dunno, inconsiderate to just have one child if you are planning to have a family, in the sense that only children have a kind of limited upbringing. They don't learn social skills that those with siblings do, in my experience, like learning to share, understanding the value of money (obviously that's a relative thing, but I mean that only children are the sole focus of their parents' parental affections, so they get more from their parents than those with siblings do) and learning certain manners and habits...

I am the eldest out of my five and that has taught me so much about life altogether - I'm so much more responsible because of the fact I've spent all these years looking out for the younger ones and they have all looked up to me. It's quite nice really. It's also quite funny too :laugh: - when I went through that 12/14 year old spotty hormonal stage they all laughed at me and made fun of me but now I can look down at them and laugh as it's all over for me! :tongue:

Marc 15-08-2011 08:39 PM

I want about 3. One of each.

LemonJam 15-08-2011 08:41 PM

2 or 3 would be awesome.

Ninastar 15-08-2011 08:41 PM

I want children but I'm not sure if I will. I don't even know if I will have my own and I wouldn't want them to be teased. Like someone else said, I don't think I'd have the patience to explain that children can have parents of the same sex

nicole_burks 15-08-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc. (Post 4469657)

a boy a girl.. and a what?

ILoveTRW 15-08-2011 08:42 PM

ill have a few, name em after real world housemates

Ninastar 15-08-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

so a girl, a boy and a both?

ILoveTRW 15-08-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 4469665)
I want children but I'm not sure if I will. I don't even know if I will have my own and I wouldn't want them to be teased. Like someone else said, I don't think I'd have the patience to explain that children can have parents of the same sex

youll find a guy when you get older

Maia 15-08-2011 08:45 PM

Yep I would quite like to adopt children in the future. I like the thought of being able to bring up my own children and give them the fun exciting childhood I never really got.

Firewire 15-08-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

A hermaphrodite baby?