ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   TiBBers who don't care about The X-Factor. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182295)

Stu 20-08-2011 07:34 PM

TiBBers who don't care about The X-Factor.

Our royal society.

I want to know who else has absoloutely no interest in it. Everyone here seems into the trash. I find it so endlessly boring and samey. As an entertainment show it's contrived and formulaic. As a music show ... well it's not a music show. Spend ten minutes on the internet and with a bit of effort and you'll find some great new music instead of sitting on your arse for a few months getting force fed some polystyrene calamity. At least Big Brother doesn't try and cover up what it is. It's not promising you any great journey or talent. Just twats in a house.

I despise it with a fiery passion. Help me despise it. Let's do up some effigies and burn them.

Locke. 20-08-2011 07:36 PM

You must at least like good old Louie

Novo 20-08-2011 07:36 PM

I wasn't to bothered about it until Pinkmich just appeared on it 10 minutes ago

Jarrod 20-08-2011 07:37 PM

Hate it.

Stu 20-08-2011 07:38 PM

Louie is the most despisable of the lot. I'd saddle myself up and let Cowell ride me through the charts before I'd willingly spend a few moments in the same room as the quaint Irish culture assassin.

CharlieO 20-08-2011 07:40 PM

I despise the concept and hate the live shows and outcome of them but find the auditions amusing and just watch because my family do.

Kate! 20-08-2011 07:47 PM

Stu, you are hilarious. lmao at your mini rant esp "twats in a house". Genius :D

-scuttles away to watch xf.lol-

Maia 20-08-2011 07:54 PM

Had a look just now, saw that bonkers Chinese lady get through and straight away thought "I cba with this"

Stu 20-08-2011 07:58 PM

You don't see Derek Gibbons urging people to gamble their hard earned money on ITV, do you?

DO YOU?!?!?!?

LemonJam 20-08-2011 07:59 PM

I too think it's balls.

Patrick 20-08-2011 08:10 PM

*Opens the door to the club and sees Stu sitting on a leather chair smoking a pipe with some of the other haters*

Yes, I ******ing hate the show.

My whole Facebook feed is blocked with X Factor garbage, over and over again - EVEN Big Brother fans on here and Facebook have betrayed us for this bollocks.

I hate it, I hate how every year like 2010 for example - we have an excellent year, and then just after Summer when Big Brother wraps up, we're hit with X Factor.
It bothers me - it bothers me alot, it's like you can't go into a shop without seeing it on the papers, you can't just have a general day to day conversation without some tit bringing it up.

Whether it was Katie, Cher, Wagner, One Direction etc last year was hard to avoid it.

It's nothing more than a show that's gone beyond it's original concept, as has Big Brother but as you said - BB doesn't hide it, the X Factor just generates the same old bollocks every year and every time Teenage Pussies get wet and eat up whatever talentless boy band the show produces and we have to listen to this for months on end.

I hate how people in this country try and make the show out to be some life changing ******ing phenomenon that will bring change to society and unite us all with the art of Matt Cardle singing Many of Horror.

And you know, back in Christmas 2009 - I was against the Rage Against The X Factor Campaign..as some of you may remember [shutters].

But I would do anything for a full scale campaign to launch this year, not even a campaign - I'd just like to see every ******er just turn of this bollocks and watch some other show.

Just for once, I want this show to fall on it's hopeless arse and I pray this will be the year as Simon and Cheryl [who also piss me off, the way people in this country treat them like some national treasure] are absent and this could lead to some kind of downfall.

Big Brother is back - the king of Reality TV is ******ing back, Derek doesn't even support X Factor either, this needs to be Big Brother's year to win back the public.

I just loathe this show with every inch of my body.

Patrick 20-08-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollie. (Post 4488606)
Had a look just now, saw that bonkers Chinese lady get through and straight away thought "I cba with this"

Exactly - and know what the funny thing is people on Facebook are actually applauding that as 'Funny' or 'Great Television'.

It's the same old bollocks every year, surely the novelty needs to wear off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4488646)
You don't see Derek Gibbons urging people to gamble their hard earned money on ITV, do you?

DO YOU?!?!?!?

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Niall 20-08-2011 08:30 PM

Stu I feel the exact same way. Its a load of sh!te. I've never watched a single series, its such an awful show. -__-

Ramsay 20-08-2011 08:36 PM

Its ****ing ****

\PJ/ 20-08-2011 09:02 PM

I love it but not for the music because on that note I agree with you Stu + it's so unbelievably contrived right from the the 6 stage auditon process you go through even BEFORE you see any shiny nice judge the fact you don't choose any song you sing in the live shows, imo it has never been about music it's an entertainment show.

I love the drama and stuff though lol

Shaun 20-08-2011 10:37 PM

-would join but knows I'll be watching the live shows-

Boothy 20-08-2011 11:14 PM

I hate myself for watching it but continue to watch it week after week.

I don't even know why I watch it. It's not for the music. I consider the 'music' they play anti-music.

It's not for the contestants. I despise them. Minus Wagner. I think he's the only contestant I've ever liked.

Maybe I watched it for Cheryl Cole. I dunno. suppose I'll find out this year.

Smithy 20-08-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4488694)
*Opens the door to the club and sees Stu sitting on a leather chair smoking a pipe with some of the other haters*

Yes, I ******ing hate the show.

My whole Facebook feed is blocked with X Factor garbage, over and over again - EVEN Big Brother fans on here and Facebook have betrayed us for this bollocks.

I hate it, I hate how every year like 2010 for example - we have an excellent year, and then just after Summer when Big Brother wraps up, we're hit with X Factor.
It bothers me - it bothers me alot, it's like you can't go into a shop without seeing it on the papers, you can't just have a general day to day conversation without some tit bringing it up.

Whether it was Katie, Cher, Wagner, One Direction etc last year was hard to avoid it.

It's nothing more than a show that's gone beyond it's original concept, as has Big Brother but as you said - BB doesn't hide it, the X Factor just generates the same old bollocks every year and every time Teenage Pussies get wet and eat up whatever talentless boy band the show produces and we have to listen to this for months on end.

I hate how people in this country try and make the show out to be some life changing ******ing phenomenon that will bring change to society and unite us all with the art of Matt Cardle singing Many of Horror.

And you know, back in Christmas 2009 - I was against the Rage Against The X Factor Campaign..as some of you may remember [shutters].

But I would do anything for a full scale campaign to launch this year, not even a campaign - I'd just like to see every ******er just turn of this bollocks and watch some other show.

Just for once, I want this show to fall on it's hopeless arse and I pray this will be the year as Simon and Cheryl [who also piss me off, the way people in this country treat them like some national treasure] are absent and this could lead to some kind of downfall.

Big Brother is back - the king of Reality TV is ******ing back, Derek doesn't even support X Factor either, this needs to be Big Brother's year to win back the public.

I just loathe this show with every inch of my body.

I read the first 3 lines and you said pretty much exactly the same last year an d yet you totally watched it all and arse raped cher :idc:

Ninastar 20-08-2011 11:18 PM

I agree although i will probably watch because i have nothing better to do in life

Stu 20-08-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4489915)
I read the first 3 lines and you said pretty much exactly the same last year an d yet you totally watched it all and arse raped cher :idc:

tl;dr

Shaun 20-08-2011 11:30 PM

I mostly watch it because it makes me feel a teeny bit less cut off from friends. I went out with some tonight and they just chatted shopping, London, hair, clothes and terrible media. I virtually eye-rolled when they suggested we go to see the Inbetweeners.

I'm such a Morrissey.

Smithy 20-08-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4489955)
tl;dr

:suspect:

Boothy 20-08-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 4489996)
I mostly watch it because it makes me feel a teeny bit less cut off from friends. I went out with some tonight and they just chatted shopping, London, hair, clothes and terrible media. I virtually eye-rolled when they suggested we go to see the Inbetweeners.

I'm such a Morrissey.

This happens to me quite often. Facebook went mental this morning with everyone posting statuses about V Fest. I honestly can't think of anywhere I'd want to be less than at V Festival.

Harry! 20-08-2011 11:44 PM

I decided to watch this episode as I just wanted to see how it would be with a new judges panel. I will not religiously watch it this year but more background visuals. I was quite sad to see Dannii Minogue to go as I am on ''Team Minogue'' (and just love her sister <3) so I will not expect too much this year. I may watch next weeks one to see if my opinions have changed. My only reason to have to watch an X Factor Live Show would be if one of my fave singers was performing or they had a week dedicted to them (Hopes for a Madonna one - with Madonna mentol/performing). Still I will see how it goes as I have been watching it since the early years. I am not a fan of most chart music so I am not crazy about like ''OMG THAT IS A JLS SONG WOOP''. Yet again I do try to listen to old and new but that is irrelevent. As Stu said I do discover my own music and I am not influenced by the X Factor in my choosings (Likes Shayen Ward but again irrelevent). I will watch both BB and X Factor though.

/rant

Patrick 20-08-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4489915)

Yeah because I got drawn in because Cher was so hot :bored: I didn't even watch it tonight at all so, yeah.