ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Star Wars: The Complete Saga (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183040)

Iceman 27-08-2011 04:31 PM

Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Released on September 12th. Yoda the puppet is gone and theres supposed to be loads of changes being made. should be good for fans and newcomers to the saga.

Some info.

Quote:

George Lucas announced that the Star Wars saga will be released as a Blu-ray box set in the fall of 2011. The set will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films, along with extensive special features. Lucas stated that "There's some really good material that will be included in there, more deleted scenes that you haven't seen yet." One of the deleted scenes will be an alternative introduction to Return of the Jedi. At the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, it was announced that the box sets will be released during September 2011. On May 4, 2011 (Star Wars Day), starwars.com announced that the Blu-ray set, entitled Star Wars: The Complete Saga, would be released on September 12, 2011 internationally and on September 16, 2011 in North America. One change that has already been confirmed for the Blu-ray release is the replacement of the Yoda puppet in The Phantom Menace with a CGI model to make his physical appearance consistent throughout all the Star Wars films

Novo 27-08-2011 04:33 PM

Wonder how much this will be? i will probably get it for Christmas if not then i will probably end up getting it for someone for Christmas....

Iceman 27-08-2011 04:35 PM

HMV has it for 65 pound I think. well worth the buy.

Ramsay 27-08-2011 04:40 PM

I must get!

Iceman 27-08-2011 04:40 PM

I just read the bit about a new intro to Return Of The Jedi :amazed:

Stu 27-08-2011 05:10 PM

It'll be interesting to see how it looks. The prequel trilogy [shudder] will look amazing but I think with the original trilogy it will be one of those deals where the high def makes everything look more like a fake movie set though given how many smooth walls and 70's sci fi sets are in the movies unlike say the transfer of the Alien movies to Blu Ray which made them look like any major release today.

I'd be raping Blu Ray were I a rich man and would maintain that's it's the ultimate movie experience. I'm poor though so avoid them and tell myself that ten minutes into the movie I don't care or notice anymore if it's 1080p or a downloaded AVI file. I think poor me is right although I would love the luxury.

Iceman 27-08-2011 05:38 PM

Im gonna start my Blu Ray collection with this. :)

Glitter In The Air 31-08-2011 07:24 AM

Deciding whether or not I should get this.

Also deciding whether I would get a PS3 or a simple Blu-Ray player.

Also deciding if I should get out of bed.

Callum 31-08-2011 07:45 AM

I need to get this! I only have the last three films on DVD, I made do with renting the first three. Hopefully they'll all benefit from the Blu-Ray experience too.

James 31-08-2011 10:50 AM

They've been tinkering with these films again. Apparently these are confirmed changes. :crazy:

Video clips...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lol^

Grimnir 06-09-2011 06:31 AM

George Lucas is a total spastic

95% of all the changes he keeps doing make the fillms worse

the vader nooooooooooo and obi wan's camp screech are just taking the piss now

maybe he is doing them deliberately to annoy the star wars fans who bitched so much about jar jar and other things

he can get away with it though because retarded fans will still buy the blu ray and dvd no matter what he changes

fan edits are best versions and they are free

i watched one of phantom menace on youtube and its awesome

Ramsay 06-09-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 4518908)
They've been tinkering with these films again. Apparently these are confirmed changes. :crazy:

Video clips...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lol^

what the ****:shocked:

MTVN 06-09-2011 02:35 PM

Is that serious? :joker: Completely unnecessary changes which sound ridiculous

Novo 06-09-2011 03:01 PM

It sounds weird because the Krayt Dragon isn't even there it's just Obi Won moving his hands around and it now sounds like Scooby Doo

Tom4784 06-09-2011 03:14 PM

I struggle to believe that the changes are actually serious, the clips are hilariously ridiculous. Don't try to fix what isn't broken.

Stu 06-09-2011 03:22 PM

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians."

Spoiler:

- George Lucas.

Iceman 23-09-2011 05:53 PM

Star Wars: The Complete Saga has broken global Blu-ray sales records.

Lucasfilm Ltd and Twentieth Century Fox confirmed that the nine-disc collection has sold one million units worldwide and generated $84 million (£54m) in revenue.

"Once again our fans' enthusiasm to celebrate Stars Wars continues to amaze us," said LucasFilm senior marketing director Kayleen Walters. "Our goal was to deliver a premium product that they could enjoy with their family and friends and we are thrilled that they are enjoying it as much as we hoped they would."

Star Wars: The Complete Saga shifted 515,000 units in its first week in North America alone. Lucasfilm also announced that $38 million (£24m) of its total revenue was generated in the territory.

"Star Wars is a franchise with universal stories that resonates as much today as it did 30 years ago," said Twentieth Century Fox. "With the Blu-ray, audiences can go deeper into the mythology than ever before and reconnect with everything they love about the Saga in the best possible quality."

The Complete Saga includes all six movies in high definition, never-before-seen footage, Lucasfilm Archive material and rare documentaries.

Im a bit let down after checking some of the new stuff

Ramsay 24-09-2011 03:39 PM

Got it today
My first ever blu-ray
The HD is sexy

MTVN 24-09-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4534380)
"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians."

Spoiler:

- George Lucas.

Ah, irony

James 15-11-2019 09:04 PM

The Han shoots Greedo scene has been changed again. This is quite funny.

'Maclunkey' :laugh:

Oliver_W 15-11-2019 09:55 PM

That just looks really bad xD the unsubtitled part of Greedo talking looks like an editing mistake.