ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Traces of poo found on millions of mobile phones in UK (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187597)

Omah 15-10-2011 11:39 AM

Traces of poo found on millions of mobile phones in UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/15296108

Quote:

Do you always wash your hands after going to the loo? Well if you don't, you might start to after reading this!

New research has found that one in every six mobile phones has dangerous bacteria that comes from poo on them.

Experts said the most likely reason why so many phones have this potentially harmful bacteria on, are because people don't wash their hands properly.

The dirtiest phones were found in Glasgow, with London and Birmingham also scoring badly.
:eek:

NEVER borrow a phone ..... :nono:

Grimnir 15-10-2011 11:43 AM

imagine what they would find on jay's phone :shocked:

arista 15-10-2011 11:59 AM

Yes Dirty Bumming Students

Feel The Force

Patrick 15-10-2011 12:05 PM

Glasgow :yuk:

LemonJam 15-10-2011 12:09 PM

**** happens.

Pyramid* 15-10-2011 12:14 PM

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

I was with a man a few years ago, this guy was built kinda like Jay, took real good care of his body, worked hard at the gym, ate only healthy foods, paid real big attention in the shower, used all the expensive exfoliating scrubs, moisturised afterwards etc. This guy was immaculate. Or so I thought.

Whilst we were away on a break - bathroom door was slightly ajar. In he goes, pees and poos, flushes, then comes back out.

I said to him, "You've not washed your hands......" he looked at me as though I'd lost the plot.

When I repeated what I'd said, he replied "so.... I never do, what's the big deal, you're making out as though I'm disgusting or something - it's only my hands ". :yuk:

Suffice to say: I'd heard (and seen) enough - and left him and his manky habits to himself.

Saph 15-10-2011 12:28 PM

ew D;

Kate! 15-10-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimnir (Post 4654534)
imagine what they would find on jay's phone :shocked:

:joker::joker:

Meatloaf!! (took the words right outta my mouth)

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Talking ****"

arista 15-10-2011 04:10 PM

"I said to him, "You've not washed your hands."

Pyramid* 15-10-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 4654989)
"I said to him, "You've not washed your hands."

:D

Superb stuff Arista...... It bodes well for on here !! LOL

Ramsay 15-10-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonJam (Post 4654582)
**** happens.

lol

LeatherTrumpet 15-10-2011 05:08 PM

nokias are sh*t

maybe thats it?

rk3388 15-10-2011 05:59 PM

wait, is says bacteria that comes from poo, not poo itself :confused:

Omah 15-10-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4655238)

Quote:

The study showed that although most people said they wash their hands properly, nine out of ten phones had some kind of bacteria on them.

The most worrying finding was that 16% of phones had a strand of E. coli bacteria on them.

This particular bacteria comes from poo and can cause stomach upsets, sickness and diarrhoea.

Dr Val Curtis, who was one of the team behind the study, said: "This research provides more evidence that some people still don't wash their hands properly, especially after going to the toilet."
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/236023.php

Quote:

1 In 6 Cell Phones Carries Fecal Matter, UK Research

A UK-wide study of mobile phones planned to coincide with Global Handwashing Day, found that one in six carries fecal matter, probably because their owners are not washing their hands with soap after using the toilet. Researchers said some of the phones were contaminated with E. coli, fecal bacteria that can cause stomach upsets and serious food poisoning such as in the fatal O157 outbreak in Germany in June.

Once they are on hands and surfaces, fecal bacteria can survive for hours, especially in warm rooms away from sunlight. The germs are easily transferred from hands onto door handles, food and, as this study shows, mobile phones, from where they can transfer to other people.
"fecal matter" is poo .....

Tom 15-10-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4655238)

Maybe its from people who have a poo and don't wash their hands after wiping their bum? :yuk:

I'm obsessive over my phone, I even have a packet of baby wipes that I use to clean it every night :blush2:

Harry! 15-10-2011 06:18 PM

I feel physically sick if I don't wash my hands after going to toilet. People who don't wash theire hands :yuk:

Jords 15-10-2011 06:28 PM

Is it bad this made me LOL?

Disgusting though -washes phone with soap-

arista 15-10-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry! (Post 4655290)
I feel physically sick if I don't wash my hands after going to toilet. People who don't wash theire hands :yuk:

You would

Sign Of The Times

rk3388 15-10-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omah (Post 4655281)

"fecal matter" is poo, but " fecal bacteria = poo bacteria :rolleyes:

Omah 15-10-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4655621)
"fecal matter" is poo, but " fecal bacteria = poo bacteria :rolleyes:

If you have not understood, re-read the linked articles ..... ;)

Omah 16-10-2011 03:55 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15284501

Quote:

Most strains of E. coli found on the hands and phones are not likely to cause major ill-health, although listeners of "The Archers" will know that Clarrie Grundy became an unwitting carrier of the bacteria, leading to a number of children being hospitalised in the fictional county of Borsetshire.

Dr Curtis explained that they were using E. coli as a marker for the presence of faecal matter.

She said: "Campylobacter and Salmonella bacteria are much more likely to cause a gastric infection and could easily be passed on through faecal contamination."

So we are talking about poo, excrement - on mobile phones and fingers.
Own up - who's having a sniff ?

:joker:

Kerry 16-10-2011 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 4655319)
Is it bad this made me LOL?

Disgusting though -washes phone with soap-

LOL no :joker:

I once washed my phone with an alcohol wipe...

.... no wait. I had a row with someone and the phone ended up in a pint....

billy123 16-10-2011 06:48 AM

People worrying about bacteria is why our kids allergys are out of control.
Throw then in the garden and let them play in the dirt they will be glad of it later in life.
The immune system learns fast when they are kids!

Omah 16-10-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnot (Post 4657126)
People worrying about bacteria is why our kids allergys are out of control.
Throw then in the garden and let them play in the dirt they will be glad of it later in life.
The immune system learns fast when they are kids!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15284501

Quote:

Perhaps there is also a confusion in some people's minds about dirt and germs. After all, there is plenty of research suggesting dirt can be good for you.

Since the late 1980s the "hygiene hypothesis" has argued that the lack of early childhood exposure to some germs may be linked to the rise in allergic diseases, by suppressing the development of the immune system. It's a much-debated theory.

But while letting your children - or your husband - play in the dirt may well be ok, they still need to wash their hands after the toilet. Or after handling raw meat and poultry.

You simply have to look to the developing world to see the devastating effects of poor hygiene. Diarrhoeal disease remains one of the world's biggest killers.

While hand-washing may help prevent a nasty stomach bug here, in poorer countries it can save lives.

billy123 17-10-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omah (Post 4657169)

That report suggests people confuse dirt with bacteria which i dont think is the case its fairly obvious to me when people say that they mean letting them play out in the dirt will expose them to a lot of varieties of microbes that can help them build up immunity that theories never been disproven and now we live in an age where we constantly try to sanitise the world around us which is coinciding with allergys and asthma going through the roof it seems the theory holds some weight.
There are studies that have show children that have grown up with pets are significantly less likely to grow up suffering from allergies and asthma.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/guide...and-dirt-germs