ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=560)
-   -   This week was so set up its unreal (r.e judges) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188503)

Tom 22-10-2011 08:49 PM

This week was so set up its unreal (r.e judges)

I'm like mr negative tonight :joker:

But after a week of press reports on how boring the new series is and the judges, we suddenly get an episode where the judges are at each others throats and accusations thrown about left right and centre. Coincidence?

Marc 22-10-2011 08:57 PM

Yeah they're probably told to be a bit feisty

LaLaLand 22-10-2011 09:19 PM

D'ya reckon the guy in the audience that called Gary an expletive when he slated Sami was a plant?

Callum 22-10-2011 09:28 PM

It did seem very contrived.

SocietyIsRuined 22-10-2011 09:54 PM

Wait for The Voice on BBC because no one will want to know X-Factor after that. How can you have rock week without 90% of them being rock tunes?

Tom 22-10-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocietyIsRuined (Post 4677822)
Wait for The Voice on BBC because no one will want to know X-Factor after that. How can you have rock week without 90% of them being rock tunes?

Guess it depends what you want out of a show like this. I love the panto aspect of X Factor but they've taken it way too far this year, its almost as staged and scripted as TOWIE

The Voice might be a bit too serious but I'll probably watch anyway. The panel looks quite good so far (Jessie J and Tom Jones). If they keep getting big names, ITV will be climbing over themselves to keep hold of Kelly Rowland and be begging Simon & Cheryl to come back.

Jords 22-10-2011 11:37 PM

Haha probably!!

HBB1508 25-10-2011 01:13 PM

Totally staged in my opinion but I'm just glad Cheryl has gone so don't care LOL

Tom 25-10-2011 11:03 PM

and just after that, Kelly has 'fled' to America and strong Twitter rumours that Cheryl will replace her at the weekend

Couldn't make it up really, well unless you're Mr Cowell

Callum 25-10-2011 11:09 PM

^When she was confirmed as a judge it was said from the start that she was going to be flying back and forth from London to LA.

Tom 25-10-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum (Post 4687624)
^When she was confirmed as a judge it was said from the start that she was going to be flying back and forth from London to LA.

I know, its why I put fled in quotation marks. Simon used to jet back and forth between America, Cheryl did it a few times last year, Louis goes home to Ireland and Dannii even used to go back to Australia from time to time. Its nothing new, its just showing how the PR team feed the press to jump on the slightest thing to orchestrate a story

It'll roll on all week and culminate Saturday tea time when 'Kelly miraculously returns at the eleventh hour'. Its too obvious now