ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=560)
-   -   Janet's sing-off (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192091)

Jords 27-11-2011 08:04 PM

Janet's sing-off

I thought it was really lovely her best performance since I'll Be Watching You!

Locke. 27-11-2011 08:05 PM

Janet's best performance since her audition

Jordan. 27-11-2011 08:05 PM

It was awful

Pyramid* 27-11-2011 08:05 PM

I thought she totally murdered the song. Boring and she was singing so slowly at times, and so hesitant, I thought she was going to do her usual and forget the words.

Awful performance imo.

fruit_cake 27-11-2011 08:06 PM

Janet was back to her best

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 27-11-2011 08:07 PM

shes so ****ing terrible so its not hard for her to top her best performance since they were all **** /bate

reece(: 27-11-2011 08:07 PM

murdered a lovely song, as per

MusicXian 27-11-2011 08:09 PM

It is her style of singing, just because she doesnt prance around stage shouting high notes galore when there is no need doesnt mean she is boring. There are people out there who would buy this type of music, I think she needs a band though to get her music out there and be make things a little more up tempo.

Pyramid* 27-11-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicXian (Post 4785116)
It is her style of singing, just because she doesnt prance around stage shouting high notes galore when there is no need doesnt mean she is boring. There are people out there who would buy this type of music, I think she needs a band though to get her music out there and be make things a little more up tempo.

It is her style of singing and I agree with you, and imo, it's suited to folk songs - not for the X Factor and someone who has that special something. She will appeal to a certain market: but not to the masses, and that's what X Factor is about.

MusicXian 27-11-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyramid* (Post 4785124)
It is her style of singing and I agree with you, and imo, it's suited to folk songs - not for the X Factor and someone who has that special something. She will appeal to a certain market: but not to the masses, and that's what X Factor is about.

That is why since week 3 when XF production realised this they have absolutely destroyed her. She didnt deserve to win this based on a couple of performances. Forgetting words is a no-no. I would not have voted her to win it despite being my favourite, however I wanted her to get further than Misha and Amelia because IMO it would have stuck up 2 fingers at XF.

However she has been absolutely killed off by XF with song choices, the VTs, judges comments etc. and her confidence is somewhere down at zero I would think at this moment.

Black Dagger 27-11-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 4785100)
shes so ****ing terrible so its not hard for her to top her best performance since they were all **** /bate

Misha's was worse... :idc:

Doogle 27-11-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4785133)

No way

Adamw92 27-11-2011 08:19 PM

Loved it! she was much better than Misha

MusicXian 27-11-2011 08:23 PM

What the better sing-off was is all down to opinion, however, why did Louis and Tulisa say 'based on yesterday's performance and the sing-off' once again they are defeating the whole purpose of a sing-off, may aswell just get done with it already as its not really a sing-off at all, just another performance to waste the time and let the producers tell the judges what to say and who to choose.

fruit_cake 27-11-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyramid* (Post 4785124)

Janet has only been once in the B2, whereas Misha has been in it three times, so Janet is more popular than Misha B as voted by the public!

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 27-11-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4785133)

obvious troll is obvious even people who dont even like misha (doogle) can admit that she was miles better

Locke. 27-11-2011 08:24 PM

Janet was much better in the sing off, this was Misha's first bottom 2 performance that has been average

Maia 27-11-2011 08:27 PM

Absolutely amazing :love:

Black Dagger 27-11-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 4785165)
obvious troll is obvious even people who dont even like misha (doogle) can admit that she was miles better

Urm, Misha was far superior and did a great job against Kitty.

Tonight she was dreadful... :idc:

Pyramid* 27-11-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fruit_cake (Post 4785162)
Janet has only been once in the B2, whereas Misha has been in it three times, so Janet is more popular than Misha B as voted by the public!

How many times has Misha forgotten words to songs? Janet did it a few weeks back, and twice last night (at the very start and midway through her first song).

Janet's singoff performance alone was enough to not have her go any further, it was painful to listen to.

We don't know if Janet is more popular at this point -unless of course, you have the public voting figures to hand.

Doogle 27-11-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4785181)
Urm, Misha was far superior and did a great job against Kitty.

Tonight she was dreadful... :idc:

Kitty was miles better than Misha.

Doogle 27-11-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyramid* (Post 4785184)
How many times has Misha forgotten words to songs? Janet did it a few weeks back, and twice last night (at the very start and midway through her first song).

Janet's singoff performance alone was enough to not have her go any further, it was painful to listen to.

We don't know if Janet is more popular at this point -unless of course, you have the public voting figures to hand.

Agreed with this, I don't like Misha much but the fact is, she was better than Janet and as you said Pyramid, she has not forgotten her words. Despite being in the Bottom Two 3 times now, Misha did a good enough job to remain.

fruit_cake 27-11-2011 08:37 PM

Janet really messed up Mmbop, but the other two songs this weekend were both good. It certainly wasn't painful to listen too imo

Pyramid* 27-11-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fruit_cake (Post 4785222)
Janet really messed up Mmbop, but the other two songs this weekend were both good. It certainly wasn't painful to listen too imo

Not good enough to keep her in the competition though.

joeysteele 27-11-2011 08:42 PM

Loved it, it's a song that either gets you or turns you off though.No way should she have gone tonight though and also there's no point in having a sing off if the judges are still going to judge on the last nights performances.

Thought the public did that and then the judges decided from the sing off performance, no account I see noted of the times Misha B has been in the bottom 2 though so therefore not connecting very well with the voting public at all no matter her performances.