ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Isnt is disgusting that USA will not elect an atheist? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193939)

LeatherTrumpet 08-01-2012 02:15 PM

Isnt is disgusting that USA will not elect an atheist?

What is wrong with that country, when will it grow up?:conf:

billy123 08-01-2012 02:56 PM

They are a bit backwards but they are kept that way for a reason.
Its easier to control people when they are uneducated.
only 37% of americans own a passport they even restrict themselves to watching sports that are more or less only played in the usa
it is staggering how isolated they are kept and the scary part is they dont even realise it.
I am obviously talking in general no american would admit to being like that but its true.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_onQvIg4FVI...s400/Moron.jpg

rk3388 08-01-2012 03:18 PM

i dont think its disgusting, it all depends what they believe in.
And i dont blame people for not liking atheism, because it is based off not believing in any god.
Therefore i dont think it's fair to go around telling people what they should not believe in.

I know some forms of catholic try to shove their religions down peoples throats, but its equal with atheists demanding to people what they shouldn't belive in and that "science" proves theirs no god, when really theres no connection between religion and evolution discovered ( you can believe in both of them, one doesn't prove the other one wrong)

LeatherTrumpet 08-01-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4854329)
And i dont blame people for not liking atheism, because it is based off not believing in any god.
Therefore i dont think it's fair to go around telling people what they should not believe in.

I know some forms of catholic try to shove their religions down peoples throats, but its equal with atheists demanding to people what they shouldn't belive in and that "science" proves theirs no god, when really theres no connection between religion and evolution discovered ( you can believe in both of them, one doesn't prove the other one wrong)

Sorry what?

:conf:

Photon 08-01-2012 03:39 PM

I think rk3388 is just repeating the nonsense that gets spoon fed to people in an effort to get them to dislike atheists even more.

Stu 08-01-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Wonderful. Another "atheism is like ... totally comparable to religion it's just reversed!" argument.

LeatherTrumpet 08-01-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4854360)
Wonderful. Another "atheism is like ... totally comparable to religion it's just reversed!" argument.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jFCR9oUJSl...n-the-head.jpg

Roy Mars III 08-01-2012 03:57 PM

It is sad that anyone who is not Christian doesn't have a chance becoming president, but hopefully that will change in the future.

Roy Mars III 08-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

huh?

rk3388 08-01-2012 04:02 PM

im just trying to shed light on the situation i dont agree with it , and whats hard to understand what im saying :P

rk3388 08-01-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4854360)

:rolleyes:
did you read what i said?
I dont think religions should be shoved down peoples throats either!!
And i respect EVERY single religion, but im iffy on atheism because it is based on what they dont believe in rather than what they believe in themselves
I prefer - " no religion"

rk3388 08-01-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photon (Post 4854357)
I think rk3388 is just repeating the nonsense that gets spoon fed.

Acually btw i live in a city thats really multicultural but most have no religion.
Were not even allowed to put a christmas tree out in public, its quite sad really

LeatherTrumpet 08-01-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4854406)
:rolleyes:
did you read what i said?
I dont think religions should be shoved down peoples throats either!!
And i respect EVERY single religion, but im iffy on atheism because it is based on what they dont believe in rather than what they believe in themselves
I prefer - " no religion"

How are you on dragons?

rk3388 08-01-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 4854440)
How are you on dragons?

:conf: what?

Shaun 08-01-2012 04:43 PM

oh gosh

Stu 08-01-2012 04:51 PM

Atheism is no religion. The only people who turn it into a nice, neat 'system' of people are people like you.

If I'm an atheist I'm one by default because that's what the dictionary describes me as. Not because I conciously decided "let's be atheist". Let's go to the atheist club house and hang out and talk about atheism.

It's not a belief or adherence to anything. It's the complete opposite of that. Why would you be iffy about it just because they don't believe in anything? Do you think you need some mad belief in something spiritual to make life worthwhile?

Just ... mad really. I don't respect atheism but I do respect all religions. Even the many crazy ones that beat the shit out of women.

Or let me guess they aren't really religious and are misinterpreting your view of what it is so they don't count in your eyes?

Shasown 08-01-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4854396)
im just trying to shed light on the situation i dont agree with it , and whats hard to understand what im saying :P

Failed badly at the shedding light bit.

Hard to understand random illogical thoughts and bad grammar.

rk3388 08-01-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4854512)
Atheism is no religion. The only people who turn it into a nice, neat 'system' of people are people like you.

If I'm an atheist I'm one by default because that's what the dictionary describes me as. Not because I conciously decided "let's be atheist". Let's go to the atheist club house and hang out and talk about atheism.

It's not a belief or adherence to anything. It's the complete opposite of that. Why would you be iffy about it just because they don't believe in anything? Do you think you need some mad belief in something spiritual to make life worthwhile?

Just ... mad really. I don't respect atheism but I do respect all religions. Even the many crazy ones that beat the shit out of women.

Or let me guess they aren't really religious and are misinterpreting your view of what it is so they don't count in your eyes?

Atheism is based on the belief that their is no god is it not ?
That means it can be offensive to others because it was made to oppose other religions
And course it isnt a religion :rolleyes:
BTW PEOPLE CAN BELIEVE WHATEVER THEY WANT- i just think if people dont have a religion they should be "no religion"
Also i would vote for people regardless of their beliefs but im just trying to see it from the other perspective which no one else seem to do

rk3388 08-01-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasown (Post 4854559)
bad grammar.

wheres my bad grammar?

rk3388 08-01-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 4854512)
Even the many crazy ones that beat the shit out of women.

and tell me which religion allows people to hit women or are you just making up facts now ?

BBfanUSA 08-01-2012 07:56 PM

It isn't sad that america won't elect an atheist. Most americans are religious. and besides isn't mostly everyone holding a political office around the world belives in some sort of religion?

(I'm American BTW)

MTVN 08-01-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4855063)
That means it can be offensive to others because it was made to oppose other religions
BTW PEOPLE CAN BELIEVE WHATEVER THEY WANT- i just think if people dont have a religion they should be "no religion"
Also i would vote for people regardless of their beliefs but im just trying to see it from the other perspective which no one else seem to do

Eh I don't really understand what you're saying, you seem to think Athiesm is another structured belief system just like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc. etc. battling it out for religious supremacy

Athiesm is "no religion", why on earth are you trying to make some kind of distinction between the two? It literally means "without Gods", what do you think is the difference between being an "Atheist" and having "no religion"?

InOne 08-01-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4855063)

So Religious people get offended because people don't believe in their God? Or do they get angry because not everyone is a mindless sheep that lives their lives according to old books and fairy tales?

InOne 08-01-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk3388 (Post 4855086)
and tell me which religion allows people to hit women or are you just making up facts now ?

Islam. But only if they are disobedient to their husband though. So that makes it ok for them.

rk3388 08-01-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 4855097)
Eh I don't really understand what you're saying, you seem to think Athiesm is another structured belief system just like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc. etc. battling it out for religious supremacy

Athiesm is "no religion", why on earth are you trying to make some kind of distinction between the two? It literally means "without Gods", what do you think is the difference between being an "Atheist" and having "no religion"?

k so i know it is NOT a religion
And i stated that i will vote for people no matter what they believe but im trying to look at it from the other side